Additional track computer car speeds

Posted by Richard Allbert 
Additional track computer car speeds
Date: November 04, 2006 11:26AM
Posted by: Richard Allbert
Hi,

First of all, great site and forum. The information and downloads are incredible.

I downloaded the Indianapolis Oval track, and it looks great. There is one problem, though - the set up that the computer cars drive with is too slow. They only reach 196 mph (give or take) on the straights. Is there a way of changing this so they drive at a more realistic speed?

Thanks

Richard
Re: Additional track computer car speeds
Date: November 04, 2006 04:40PM
Posted by: quickslick
i think you can change the speed for the ai drivers in the magic data file :-)
Date: November 04, 2006 08:49PM
Posted by: marcosgp
...OR you can just setup the car with wings and gears too a faster mode.
THAT change the final speed. Results more than 400 KM/h in a F1 easy.
Date: November 04, 2006 09:02PM
Posted by: Fincent
When i've played the Indy oval on my gp3, I've noticed the computer cars drive faster at a higher difficulty setting :).

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: November 04, 2006 09:14PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Because the CC Power is higher in the md.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: November 05, 2006 09:59AM
Posted by: MaxF1
I use Nathaniel Porter's version of Indy, called "Indy500" (available from this site I think) and when I used it the other day, in Slot 1 of GPx, and set the difficulty to Ace, the cars were reaching roughly 232/233mph on the straightaways and slowing to roughly 220mph in the turns. It's realy realistic and so easy to get sudden understeer if you get too close on the entry to the turns, watch out for the entry to Turn 2!
Date: November 05, 2006 11:25AM
Posted by: Brianf666
Its a magic data setting. Many tracks have CC car grip set to around 90% on the fast tracks which was suited to the 900+ bhp cars. The little 750 ish V8's this year are far more affected by drag. So, set the cc cars to 100% for grip and power to test. Next set the air resistance high (more efficient) so you get the right speeds in your driven car. Lastly re-set the cc grip and power again so they are competitive.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: November 09, 2006 12:52AM
Posted by: Richard Allbert
Hi,

Thanks very much for all of the replies.

I will look into editing the magic data files :)

Regards,

Richard
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy