Official Rules for the A1 GP3 World Championship

Posted by Nuvolari 
Official Rules for the A1 GP3 World Championship
Date: October 30, 2006 11:12AM
Posted by: Nuvolari
If you're interested please join here [www.a1grandprix3.co.nr] :)

Official Rules for the A1 Grand Prix 3 World Championship

1. Joining the A1 Grand Prix 3 World Championship
a. Anyone who is interested, may join.
(i) Register in the A1 GP3 Forums.
(ii) To create a team, state intentions in the forum. You also must create it with the name of a country, which don’t have to be your own country.
(iii) To join an existing team, state your intentions in the forum. New teams and drivers must be registered by Tuesday 23:59 (GMT). Missing this deadline means having to wait until the next GP before times can be submitted.

2. Technical regulations
a. Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 3 with:
(i) v1.13 patch installed...
(ii) ...and use the decrypted exe.
(iii) GPxPatch v3.61 or higher must be used, please ensure the GPxLap tab is enabled,
(iv) as well as the A1GP3 physics set,
(v) and the A1GP3 performance file.
(vi) All driving aids may be used with the exception of F4 (indestructible).
(vii) We’ll provide our own A1GP3 carshape. You can also use different carshapes.
(viii) Set the random seed in GPxPatch to 59,15031,34356,59,15031,34356.
(ix) Tracks must be set in championship order. For example round 1 must be in slot 01 under the GPxTrack tab in GPxPatch, round 2 will be in slot 02 etc.
(x) In car setup changes must be disabled.
(xi) Set weather to custom and 0% unless the race has been declared wet.
(xii) Set possible car failures to none.
(xiii) Just one tyre supplier for all teams: GoodYear
(B) Failure to meet any of these 'technical regulations', with the exception of points (vii) and (xii), will result in disqualification with no right to appeal.

b. Carsets,
(i) Two carsets will be used allowing 44 total participants in a race weekend.
(ii) Carsets which will be distributed by the League may not be altered.
(a) Changes to carsets must have the approval of the League Admins. Upon authorization, carsets will be updated on the official site for download.
(iii) Performance values and horsepower values may not be altered. If a file indicates a higher value over 750hp, it will result in disqualification with no right to appeal.
(a) Horsepower figures: 750hp qualifying and race. Failure probability 0%.
(B) Performance figures: 16100 qualifying and 16100 race. Range 0.

3. Sporting regulations
a. The Race Weekend,
(i) Time table:
Wednesday - Carsets, Performance Files and Sprint Setup available for download.
Friday (23:59 GMT) - Qualifying deadline
Saturday (23:59 GMT) – Sprint Race deadline
Tuesday (23:59 GMT) - Feature Race deadline
(ii) ** For quickraces (Sprint and Feature), use the following random seed: 59,15031,34356,59,15031,34356 unless otherwise stated in the forum.
(iii) Qualifying for Sprint Race,
(a) A Hotlap to be done in Unlimited Practice mode. No other cars are allowed during your Qualifying session, and could result in a penalty decided by the League Admins.
(B) A Hotlap of your fastest lap is to be sent in by 21:59 GMT on scheduled date (Friday), failure to do so will result in starting from 22nd on the grid, but only if the number of legal qualifiers is less than 22.
(c ) In the event of two drivers having the same fastest lap time, the driver with the fastest 1st sector time will take the better position. If these are also the same the lap that was sent in earliest will get the higher grid position.
(iv) Sprint Race - quickrace at 15%.
(a) Drivers are asked to submit a quickrace of 15%. This can be set in GPxPatch. It’s not allowed uncompleted races.
(B) Position must be set to what was achieved in Qualifying.
(i) Failure to use the standard setup will result in disqualification with no right to appeal.
(ii) Fuel load and tyre type can be changed however.
(c ) Files (quickrace and fastest lap) must be submitted before 23:59 GMT on scheduled date (Saturday). Failure to submit files by the deadline means you won't be included in the results.
(d) No saving allowed during Sprint Race. This will result in disqualification with no right to appeal.
(v) Feature Race - quickrace at 25% with a mandatory pitstop.
(a) 25% distance can be set in GPxPatch.
(B)
(i) The first 10 positions must be set to how you finished the sprint race, but in reverse order. The admins will show the starting grid for Feature Race
(ii) A compulsory pitstop forms part of the Feature Race and can be taken on any lap apart from the final lap. For example in a 10 lap race the pitstop can be taken anytime up to and including lap 9 but not on lap 10. A pitstop is defined as - an inlap, changing 4 tyres and taking on fuel and then followed by an outlap.
(c ) Upon completion of the Feature Race, the game (quickrace) MUST be saved immediately. A Hotlap of the fastest lap should also be saved. These two files will have to be sent in.
(i) **Tip: Save your fastest lap at your pitstop, failure to do so will mean that after your pitstop any laps before your pitstop will be lost, and only the laps after your pitstop will showup to be saved, that’s if your fastest lap of your Feature Race was set before your pitstop.
(d) Drivers who use a higher grid position in the Feature Race (determined from the Qualifying results), will incur a 30 second penalty to their overall time.
(e) Files must be sent in before 23:59 GMT on scheduled date (Tuesday). Failure to submit files by the deadline means you won't be included in the results. We’ll only receive complete races.
(f) Saving during the Feature Race is allowed to a maximum of two saves. All subsequent saves will incur a 2 second penalty per save.
(vi) Saved Games and Hotlaps will be checked!
(a) Mandatory pitstops will be checked in the saved game - failure to perform the pitstop will result in a one minute penalty to be added to your final time.
(B) HofxLap will be used to check files.
(c ) Saved Game and Hotlap file names must use the following format:
driver_track_session_time
eg.
driver_interlagos_qual_1-15-300
(vii) Points system
(a) The following is a list of how points will be awarded:
(i) The points will be awarded, as following for both Sprint and Feature Races,
1st: 10 pts
2nd: 9 pts
3rd: 8 pts
4th: 7 pts
5th: 6 pts
6th: 5 pt
7th: 4 pt
8th: 3 pt
9th: 2 pt
10th: 1 pt

Pole for Sprint: 1 Pt.

(ii) If the winner of the race is in the analogue championship he’ll get 10 points for that championship. If the second driver is in the digital championship, will get 10 points too for his championship, and so on.

(b ) In the event that two drivers have identical finishing times, they will both be awarded the same points while still being classified as, for example, 13th and 14th.
(viii) Cheating
(a)
(i) Anyone caught cheating will receive a warning and have points deducted at the discretion of the League Admins - a second offense will result in a three-race ban. The third offence will mean expulsion from the League.
(ii) Any Qualifying laps found to transgress the rules will result in the driver starting from 22nd on the grid or in the case of more than 22 starters the driver will not be permitted to start.
(B) Chicane cutting is not allowed. If a file suggests that there was, or if the Hotlap clearly shows it, the League Admins will discuss with team owners on possible punishment for the offense (due to the fact that chicane cutting can be minor or extreme).
(c ) Slipstreaming is allowed only for the Races, not Qualifying.

4. Championship
(a) The championship calendar will consist of 11 rounds, which is made up of 11 Qualifying Sessions, 11 Sprint Races and 11 Feature Races. Track selection for the first season calendar is done by the admins.
(B)
(i) There will be a championship for analogue, digital and constructors (Countries).
(ii) The champion in each championship category will be declared when the 2nd place cannot mathematically catch the 1st place.
(iii) If there is a tie in any of the championship categories, the championship winner will be declared by the amount of victories achieved during the season.
(iv) During the season either one Qualifying session and/or Sprint/Feature Race will be run in wet conditions, determinated by the admins.

5. Where to send files, and other information
(a) Carset files and other related items should be sent to a1grandprix3@gmail.com
(B) All race files should be zipped and submitted using the upload button (look the site menu). If you have any problems uploading files send it to the email address listed above and PM one of the League Admins.
(i) Filenames should be in the following format:
driver_track_session_time
eg.
driver_interlagos_qual_1-15-300

6. Rule application
a. Rules,
(i) ALL the rules will be enforced by the League Admins.
(ii) Rules may be amended at short notice if it is deemed necessary to maintain equality for all competitors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2006 12:17PM by Nuvolari.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy