Tyre smoke???

Posted by Pontini 
Tyre smoke???
Date: October 14, 2006 09:30PM
Posted by: Pontini
Is anybody know how to cancel the tyre's smoke when you brake??
I'm playing with a keyboard, is it possible via Physics editor
maybe? A
Re: Tyre smoke???
Date: October 15, 2006 01:35AM
Posted by: PIQUET FAN
I would like to know it also!
Date: October 15, 2006 10:32AM
Ok ..happy to hear i'm not the only one with this "PROBLEM"
I believe you can turn it off completely??
Date: October 15, 2006 12:25PM
By the way ...do you have the same experience with gp 3 2000?
Date: October 15, 2006 03:19PM
Posted by: Brianf666
Tyre smoke indicates you have the braking balance set wrongly or the driver performance/grip too high for your ability. The former is set inside the game for each circuit and the latter is set in GP3Edit. Oddly, it does not seem to have a huge effect on tyre life.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: October 15, 2006 03:24PM
What exactly do i have to change then? I'm a rookie....
Date: October 16, 2006 09:09AM
Posted by: Brianf666
Pontini Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What exactly do i have to change then? I'm a
> rookie....

Depends if its the fronts or backs that are locking up. Theory is: If the fronts lock up the car will understeer (not turn tight enough) so move the braking balance to the rear. If the backs lock up, it will oversteer and you will spin easily so move the balance towards the front.
If they all lock up you need to lower the 'performance' number in GP3Edit for your driven car. I use keyboard and high 18,000's suits me. More and I lose control. Less and the comp takes over too much.

Getting these settings right can give you 1-2 secs a lap, so its worth fiddling with.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: October 16, 2006 02:59PM
Posted by: marcosgp
I think that if the smoke problem is only your visual preference, you can turn off that in the video options of the menu game.
Date: October 16, 2006 06:06PM
I know that you can turn this off but than there is no smoke or fire at all....even if you drive a bit slow there is still tyre smoke. Maybe this is because i'm using a keyboard? I don't know but i don't like it all. I was wondering if there were any other keyboard players "facing" this problem.
Date: October 18, 2006 07:24AM
No one? Any what about gp3 2000?
Date: October 29, 2006 01:12PM
Does anyone have a good physics file? I still have found no way to cancel tyre smoke (i know you can turn it off completely but that's not the way i like it)
Date: October 30, 2006 01:33AM
Posted by: matthew13666
You'll find it most likely that your locking a wheel under brakes.

When this happens can you clearly see the writing on the inside wall of the tyre? Ie: Bridgestone, Goodyear, which ever tyre your car is using.

Also i have the same issue as you on a control pad and it's brake locking in my case.
Date: October 30, 2006 06:59AM
Yes, i can clearly see the writing on the inside wall of the tyre, i/m now using pirelli but it doesn't make any difference whatever tyre i use...
Date: October 31, 2006 01:14PM
Yeah you've locking the brakes on the front wheels.

If you move the brake bias towards the rear it will help also you could try progressive braking. By tapping the brakes on and off quickly.
Date: October 31, 2006 06:23PM
Ok..i now have rear-front 45%-55%, what do you recommend?
Date: October 31, 2006 06:58PM
Keep going until you get no brake lock-up and the car is still driveable to your style of racing. (not running wide or spinning out)

If you find your still locking up under heavy braking then. Try braking slightly earlier but pump the brakes on and off quickly.
Date: November 03, 2006 05:05AM
Posted by: plinio_666
Ok, everybody here seems to have a problem with the tires smoking when braking the car (I had these kind of problems but I've already solved them)...

... but anyone has the same problem than me? Always when I'm turning in the Loews hairpin at Monaco the f***ing tires constantly smoke... I've tried using different lines and also turning slowly, but the tires are still smoking...

What is wrong???
Date: November 03, 2006 07:16AM
How did you solve the problems i have?
Date: November 04, 2006 06:05PM
Posted by: vbc
Digital controls, such as keyboard, gives limit values, full brake or no brake, that is why you are going to see smoke when you brake. Unfortunately the only way no to see this is to get an analogue control, plus the car and brake carefully.

About smoke in the hairpin of Monaco, well, it seems to be a bug, maybe changing some values in car physics will remove it, but I am not fan of that, I play with original values.

Thanks GP3Hotlaps
Date: November 04, 2006 06:28PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
VBC is right. The tyre smoking is caused by the digital control (all or nothing).
The trick should be to press the brake and release the key ecactly before the smoking effect happens and then push again the brake. A matter of thousands of second reactions but causing ugly non-linear effects. Same thing with the acceleration, to prevent overreving.
The last time I played seriously Gp3 years ago I tried to reduce the braking force in the physic file in this way I had the chance to reduce the tapping effect, braking some meters before but keeping it pressed for a bit more. I haven't tested the thing enough so I don't know if it works for real but it seemed to increase the threashold of the smoking effect by increasing the reaction time for pumping the key. Give it a try if you want...

-------------------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy