Grey walls with add on tracks

Posted by LeeH 
Grey walls with add on tracks
Date: September 24, 2006 02:15PM
Posted by: LeeH
Sorry, I know I have seen this discussed elsewhere but couldn't find the thread . . .

Just added some new tracks to GP3 and the walls and fences appear as grey planes, as if no maps load.

I think it has to do with the location of the jam files, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Lee
Re: Grey walls with add on tracks
Date: September 24, 2006 04:55PM
Posted by: dada
you delited the original jam files ?

Date: September 24, 2006 04:58PM
Posted by: nvooght
I have that same ive just downloaded China, USA, and Jerez they all have Grey walls the track load sjust nothing else sorta thingy?
Date: September 24, 2006 07:15PM
Well, I'm not sure I deleted anything. I followed the "read me" install instructions, created gp3jamsh folders, dropped jam files in and put the dat file in the circuit folder.

I have tarmac, and a few trackside objects seem to be there, but the trackside walls and fences appear as just grey walls, just as you describe nvooght.

Strange . . .

Lee
Date: September 24, 2006 08:10PM
I didnt do that i just put them in a folder unzipped then put them in the circuit folder with all the other tracks same ending though....weres the "readme"?
Date: September 24, 2006 09:49PM
Well, I'm not sure if the add on tracks you installed had "read me" files, but I'll bet they do. Just a text file that gives credits and describes the installation process.

Lee
Date: September 24, 2006 10:02PM
im following read me for Jerez 97 ;) now so i hope itl work..

EDIT: Nope same as ever.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2006 10:13PM by nvooght.
Date: September 24, 2006 10:20PM
Ya, me too. Frustrasting.

Lee
Date: September 25, 2006 09:22AM
Posted by: Brianf666
LeeH, your method is usually the correct one as per the .txt files, though there are some oddities (like Belini tracks). Make sure you named and placed the gp3jamsh stuff exactly as specified (some writers put them in odd folders) and have earlier versions if specified ('cos of sharing of .jam's) also in the correct folders. Normally the .dat files just go in the /circuits folder but some have their own sub-folder. Again, this should be specified in the gp3form.txt file.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: September 25, 2006 02:12PM
Thanks Brianf-Number of the Beast. I guess I'll have to mess around to see if I can figure out how to get the jam files to appear in the sim.

Lee
Date: September 25, 2006 05:24PM
If you do can you tell me how? cause im so confused and Lee what tracks did you download?
Date: September 26, 2006 01:50PM
nvooght:

I d/l'd Las Vegas 1981/82, Dallas 1984 and Longbeach 1975-81 (I think). I have the same problems with all three add on tracks. All original tracks in the sim work and look correct.

Lee
Date: September 26, 2006 04:35PM
Posted by: dada
i am not sure but i think that this track needs the original jam files from silverstone ....

.... but i am not very sure

Date: September 26, 2006 05:20PM
dada Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> i am not sure but i think that this track needs the original jam files
> from silverstone ....

Which Track?

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy