Is someone able to make a new Phoenix 1991 track?

Posted by super__alonso 
Is someone able to make a new Phoenix 1991 track?
Date: September 21, 2006 11:34AM
Posted by: super__alonso
I don't like the current track at all because it looks nothing like the real-life version. Is someone able to make a new one that is more like the original (it doesn't have to be exact). Here are some onboard videos of the track:

I would like to see things like traffic lights above the track, adverts at the apex of corners, road lines on the track (including intersections like in the GP2 track), real buildings (not from monaco), walls and run-offs more realistic and an overall better feel. I have never raced on a decent Phoenix track (except for GP1 and the one being worked on for GP4)
Re: Is someone able to make a new Phoenix 1991 track?
Date: September 21, 2006 02:04PM
Posted by: gareth
don't ask for much do you? :)

have a crack at it yourself. if you're happy with the layout and CC line, it is slightly less of a job to update objects and textures. there are tutorials on how to do these things
Agree with Gareth!

Date: September 22, 2006 05:35AM
Posted by: PIQUET FAN
Right. Do it and make it available for us all.
Date: September 22, 2006 08:18AM
I'm going to have a go at trying to make this. Just one question, how do you convert .bmp files to jam files?
Date: September 22, 2006 04:45PM
Posted by: PIQUET FAN
Jam tools. Jam editor. Hmmmmm... I think it's not that hard to convert. You know... long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
Date: September 22, 2006 07:33PM
super__alonso Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> I'm going to have a go at trying to make this. Just one question, how
> do you convert .bmp files to jam files?

excellent!

as PIQUET FAN intimates there is a program called something like Jam Tool- find it in the old downloads section of this website. it will convert .bmps to .jams and vice versa.

keep us updated how you're going, and if you have questions, hopefully one of the track editing gurus might stop by this thread and help you out :)
Date: September 23, 2006 03:40AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
super_alonso,

Which Phoenix track are you intending to modify.
There are at least two 1991 ones.

Also, if you would want photographs and screenshots of 1989 through 1991 grand prises at Phoenix, I could send you some.
Date: September 23, 2006 04:41AM
So, here's my plan:

I am going to try and make an accurate Phoenix 1991 track from scratch. I am going to base it on the original Monaco Track and I am going to use some onboards I have, YouTube videos and the images that JackiMatra has (PM me for my e-mail address). I am going to make most of the building from these. This will be my first ever track and I am going to use the tutorials. This is the track so far:

[img113.imageshack.us]

The final corner is no where near the real thing, the two corners after the hairpin are quite good, but there are only 79 sectors so I need to add more. The track length is more like the real length(the real one was 3.664km and mine so far is 3.662km).

I have not been able to test it yet because I have to get the pit lane to work.
Date: September 23, 2006 04:53AM
looks like a good start!

more sectors, particularly in the corners, will help a lot.
Date: September 23, 2006 09:46AM
I'm ready to test the track for the first time. But as soon as I click on "Drive", the games cuts straight to the desktop. What's happening. I have made a magic data file.
Date: September 24, 2006 02:53AM
in Track Editor go to the Edit menu and select 'Sanity Check'. It will automatically test your track and check a heap of different things and will show exactly what is or isn't working.

it could be pit-lane related, for example if you haven't correctly connected pit lane fences, it could be because you have two objects placed on the same spot.

let us know how you're going!
Date: September 24, 2006 03:41AM
I have performed the sanity check and it says:

Performing Pit Lane Checkbox Tests....

Is that what it is meant to say?

If anyone wants me to send me the track so far so you check for problems, PM me with your e-mail address.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2006 04:25AM by super__alonso.
Date: September 24, 2006 05:38AM
Check your PMs :)
Date: September 25, 2006 12:07PM
latest updates:

With help from gareth, who based the track on Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, this is the track so far. Some bridges and one flyover have been placed. A few other things have begun.

[img156.imageshack.us]
Date: September 25, 2006 01:24PM
Posted by: X_Acto
Great news, mate! Best of luck for the project! :)

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: September 27, 2006 11:59PM
Posted by: LeeH
Excuse my ignorance, but is the layout of Phoenix 1991 different than Phoenix 1990? Watching the on-board footage, it seems like part of the track as I remember it is missing; a left-hander that leads downhill under a pedestrian cross over then back up hill to a sharp right hander.

Am I crazy?

Lee
Date: September 28, 2006 01:49AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
Yes, the Phoenix street circuit configuration was changed for 1991 from what it was in 1989 and 1990.

Both track configurations have been made for Grand Prix 3.
Look in the old downloads section of this website. You should be able to find a single download containing both tracks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy