Strange problem with gpxpatch 3.90

Posted by Pontini 
Strange problem with gpxpatch 3.90
Date: September 16, 2006 12:04PM
Posted by: Pontini
Hi

I just started a new championship. After qualifying first in the first race of the season i saved the game. One hour later i wanted to play gp3 again via gpxpatch 3.90. I did load the saved game and i was ready for the race. Unfortunately gpxsat is not working anymore because i saved the game? If a start a new fresh game i have no problem and gpxpatch is working normal? Everyone else had this experience after saving the game?
Re: Strange problem with gpxpatch 3.90
Date: September 17, 2006 01:45AM
Posted by: degas
I'm not sure... but try press the "i" key just a moment before the race. This key toggle GpxSat on and off.
Date: September 17, 2006 09:25AM
Posted by: Brianf666
Yep, I noticed that. The default seems to be 'on' for new games but 'off' for saved ones only if they are from a championship season. Very confusing.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: September 18, 2006 08:23AM
Posted by: Pontini
Thanks Brian, that explains everything...but now i experienced
a new problem..my god. I just won the first race in the championship, i saved the game and one hour later i tried to load the game.cha..but i now get following error mssg...
Wrong file type!! This means i can't load the saved game and go for the second race... what can i do? I suppose it has something to do with the extension CHA.?
Date: September 18, 2006 09:57AM
Posted by: Brianf666
Ouch! That sounds bad. I have problems sometimes when loading a car setup that the game says 'Can't find file' after I've selected it from the found list. I have noticed that GP3 is not very tolerant of dithering and if you wait more than a few seconds before trying to load something, it throws a wobbly. This also happens on saved games but usually comes right at the second or third attempt. You might be better not using 'game' as the filename. Try saving with the championship year?

Other than that it's time to re-install GP3 I think, so the associations are right.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy