making carshapes

Posted by kewell_fever 
making carshapes
Date: September 16, 2006 11:03AM
Posted by: kewell_fever
how do i make a car shape or modify the original gp3 car shape?

Re: making carshapes
Date: September 16, 2006 02:02PM
anyone?

Date: September 16, 2006 08:10PM
Posted by: harjinator
isn't there a tool called carshape editor, or something similar? it's made my Paul Hoad, maker of track editor... and SHOULD be available in the Old Downloads section on this site

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: September 17, 2006 01:00AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
With Paul Hoad's GP3CarEditor.

v3.4 is for GP3.
v3.7 is for GP4.

If they're not both in the old downloads section of this website, then a websearch will likely turn them up somewhere else.

I don't know if there ever were any tutorials for their use.
Date: September 17, 2006 03:15AM
yes, but how do i do it. i got the tool just dont noe how to do it.

Date: September 17, 2006 09:22AM
Posted by: Brianf666
Maybe some of our great carshape guys would consider putting together a tutorial a.l.a. Roberto's Track Editing tutorial, so the more gifted (not me) can also learn the art of carbuilding. Guys, we have a Winter of discontent (no racing) coming soon, so no excuses like 'Havn't got the time'. :)

Please!

Brian

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: September 17, 2006 11:50PM
Posted by: PIQUET FAN
Hehehe... e-nuff said.
Date: September 18, 2006 12:16AM
so anyone, can they tell us how to make carshapes, it be great as a folow on to robert scanduras track editing tutorial as brainf666 mentioned:)

Date: September 18, 2006 02:14AM
Posted by: gareth
it's a matter of double clicking on a vertice, and changing it's x, y & z values. it's a very time consuming and frustrating process- just like most things to do with GP3!!! ;)

just play around with things, you'll figure out the best process to use for yourself, and it'll probably take you a few goes to master it!

i've figured out how to make carshapes and what not, but am struggling to figure out how to alter helmet positions and the like- does anyone know? everytime i change the helmet position it never saves :(
Date: September 18, 2006 10:09AM
Posted by: Brianf666
What Gareth said but remember also that each 'panel' is also mapped to the car bitmap so it brings in the correct pattern. For example, it is much harder to create new panels so the '06 sidepods look more realistic. They started out as flat upright panels in the original game's '98 configuration. Now, they should be bullet-shaped but the mapping of it would be a nightmare. So mostly we compromise and get clever with shading on the bitmaps.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy