Gp2 to GP3 English Tracks

Posted by AAS 
Gp2 to GP3 English Tracks
Date: September 14, 2006 03:46PM
Posted by: AAS
are ready for download.

@degas : maybe you can communicate who is the original (Gp2) Author !!

This is from Warren's gp2form :

You may not use this track as a base for your own published work.
Re: Gp2 to GP3 English Tracks
Date: September 14, 2006 04:59PM
Posted by: degas
Well, I haven't had the tracks creator and this is why I ommitted his name. Call this a Warren work, if you prefer, it's fine to me.

Just in time... I have some others GP2 to GP3 conversions... but I don't know the GP2 creators. Can I post?
Date: September 14, 2006 06:05PM
Posted by: PIQUET FAN
Why do every file has to come with he name of the original author? I have so many stuff around the net without my credit. I agree it's nice to see your name mentioned, but is only this. When I create a carset, a single car bitmap, helmets or something else, I AM making this first for my own fun, then if I think it should be interesting for anyone else, I don't keep it to myself and distribute, doesn't matter if it's made for me or not. The time I spend making Gp3 stuff is my own business, and if my name isn't mentioned at anything published, I'll not lose money or credit in the market. Sincerelly, I still can't understand this.
Date: September 14, 2006 11:20PM
Posted by: AAS
Why do every file has to come with he name of the original author?
Because many original authors want to see their names.
You will not lose money or credit in the market when you write the names of the original authors in your gp3form or track.dat.

@degas
From my gp2forms:
If you modify this track, (for Gp2 or Gp3) the names of ALL authors must be always present!!
Simply or not ?
Date: September 15, 2006 05:40AM
I have hundreds of tracks and dunno their authors. I have all carsets from 1950 to 2006 and dunno their authors. What really means to me is the DAT file and the jam ones, but I immediatelly erase the txt from the zip file, just after read about installation. This doesn't means that they don't have any value or deserve credit, all of them know who they are and how incredible is the work they did for gp3 long living! I'm thankfull for everyone.
I had credit for some works I did and none for others. And life must go on.
Know what? I don't care who's that guy called Geoff.
Date: September 15, 2006 08:24AM
Posted by: dada
@ Piquet Fan

Did you noticed how many new tracks we have the last 6 months ?

NONE

Thats because some people just cant understand how important is to just say that some part of your work is done by someone else .

The things are easy ... no one gonna try to make you change your opinion ... SIMPLY ...NO NEW TRACKS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2006 09:31AM by dada.
Date: September 15, 2006 04:14PM
Posted by: drafi5
It is a question of honour and respect for me, if I want to use someoneĀ“s work, I ask for permission and give him the credits for his work in a txt.file.
If you look in the GP4 forum, you will see some stolen works and mods, that people ("leechers";)released without the authors permission, it is so easy to send a mail or
pm to the author (if he is reachable).
I also agree with AAS and dada.

Happy racing from Germany !!!
Date: September 15, 2006 04:30PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
"it is so easy to send a mail or
pm to the author (if he is reachable)."

It has been fairly firmly established for quite a few years that Warren Jenks is not reachable.
Date: September 15, 2006 04:36PM
I agree also with everything said. The author's name it's a worth. I made some stuff and my name is there=credit. But I'll always be happy just to see that stuff around the net giving people some fun. I bet there's someone else right now playing Gp3 with my 2006 modifications without knowing who I am, and I'm happy in the same proportion.
I am not holding a flag "Destroy authors credit", away from this. But I really think we could find a way to make it more easy, and it's not hard to do. I remember when playing and creating for Gp2, authors use to put their names into the car bitmaps, as a "digital" signature, and IMO this could be done in Gp3 stuff, this way you'd have no stolen works.
Now, talking about respect for the authors, this is also important for me. When I modify someone's work I don't say it's my creation, but my modification, I never say someone's work is mine, no one needs that.
At the end I'm speaking, speaking... and not sure if I'm making me clear... sorry guys, no offense. Without you all I know gp3 would not live that long, and for this I'm always thankfull.
Date: September 15, 2006 08:09PM
Posted by: gareth
PIQUET FAN Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> I remember when playing and creating for Gp2, authors use
> to put their names into the car bitmaps, as a "digital" signature, and
> IMO this could be done in Gp3 stuff, this way you'd have no stolen
> works.

I remember for GP2 everyone put their 'sig' beneath the artwork for what was the right hand sidepod-top in the car bitmaps. surely that'd be easy enough to do in GP3 artworks somewhere...

I think the issue here is offering respect and thanks to the guys who selflessly create the amazing works we get to enjoy- it's not hard to acknowledge their efforts, and equally I think if they are acknowledged it's ok to build upon and improve upon (if possible) their excellent work for the bennefit of the community as a whole :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2006 08:46PM by gareth.
Date: September 15, 2006 08:44PM
That's a nice debate. And top level. So I'm not the only one to remember those signatures in car bitmaps for gp2! Good old times...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy