Other questions...

Posted by Wessel 
Other questions...
Date: September 12, 2006 05:06PM
Posted by: Wessel
It has been some time since I've played GP3, but I just reinstalled it, and I want the 2K6 season w/tracks, liveries etc... I know there's a tutorial on this site, but the links don't work, so I ask you what files I have to download to make it up to date. I've already downloaded (and installed) GP3 v1.13 patch, decrypted (nocd) patch, GP3 Edit, GPxPatch, and GP Master.
What else should I do, and where can I download it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2006 09:27AM by Wessel.
Re: Tutorial for update?
Date: September 12, 2006 06:06PM
Posted by: dada
IMO you are ready

Re: Other questions...
Date: September 14, 2006 09:34AM
Okay, I know these questions have been asked before, but I don't get it to work correctly. Using GP3Edit, I have installed a couple of new things, like teamarts, and other stuff, and the car graphics/bitmaps for the first car work perfectly, but not for the second car (Giancarlo Fisichella, Felipe Massa etc). I can play with them in cockpit view, but not in any other view, because otherwise it locks up. Anyone know what I've got to do?

I used to play back in 2K2 with the 2K2 season package update, and that worked great, and all the tracks and cars worked fine.
I'm using software mode, as I have a stupid Intel graphics card :P
Date: September 14, 2006 06:11PM
Posted by: PIQUET FAN
Gp3 understands everything you say to him, so you must tell him always the truth. If not, he'll not work fine.
In other words, when you export some file to gp3.exe, it MUST be in the correct order or place. For example the car number positions, in Gp3edit, beside car bitmaps, you can see a place to put the correct positions for each car (#1 'till #22), and it's a hard work, to be honest. You have to write and export one by one for this to work properly.
Aswell some other stuff.
Date: September 15, 2006 08:15AM
Okay thanks... I'm going to try it out.

Nope... it didn't work. It still locks up as soon as I go to another view in the second cars.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2006 08:21AM by Wessel.
Date: September 15, 2006 01:45PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
As you use software mode only, have you exported the software graphics files to the game rather than just the hardware graphics files?

GP3 addon carsets often only consist of the hardware graphics files.
GP3Edit can convert carset hardware graphics files into software graphics files.
Date: September 15, 2006 01:49PM
Yes, I did that, in GP3Edit, I converted all the hardware graphics to software graphics, then exported them one by one, car by car, 1 and 2.

Maybe I've made an error somewhere, I don't know. Could reinstalling GP3 help?
Date: September 15, 2006 03:51PM
Posted by: Jackal
It's always worth a try...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy