what do you get when you cross geoff crammonds stuntcar racer & GPL?

Posted by LS. 

THIS TRACK IS A MUST HAVE !!!!!!

get it from this link

[madcowieracing.m4driving.sm]

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
this is when i drove it , rather badly :-)

theres so much adverse camber on the circuit you have to opposite lock most of the lap, but its great fun though

LS's Tip of the week
Yep, I had the beta version, but the final came out yesterday and that is even better with proper AI. SCR was my favourite game ever on the Atari ST, I loved the Ski Jump and the Rollercoaster tracks, I hope he makes some more. :)
Is this by Jed Straton?

He's making 'Stunt car gp' a mix of SCR and GP3.

Rainey: I played that game SOOOO much on my Amiga 500...it was superb. Could you get around the ski jump without wrecking your car? I couldnt. Stepping stones was hard too.

It looks identical...raised track has a red and white stripe pattern as well!

If only I had GPL....

Chris J

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

this is the final version :-)

LS's Tip of the week
G'day all....

My God

That is awesome. I've never considered buying it online until now, and I have a question..... Would I need a credit card to get it here? Cos I dont think my mum'd appreciate doing that, and she'll say something like "You dont need a silly game" etc etc

Yeah, Ski Jump was so hard, but I could finish the game, I remember how the divisions went and you had to more up to the top of Provisional #1 I think, and that meant you had to win the Ski Jump.

I also remember the other courses like the High Jump which has a tall block in the middle and you had the hit the jump so fast or you collide with the center block. And that course with the straight that was on a 45 degree angle (it leant from right to left). Funny stuff. I wish I still had the original box and Atari ST, but we sold it.

It was funny when you crashed into the opponent car, you would actually go through them and your 'crack' at the top of the screen would jump a mile.
BTW Stunt Car Racer is about the only game that my Dad has ever said "I saw this game for you guys, and it is apparently really good, lets go get it" I was only about 9 years old, and my older brothers were the ones who jointly owned the Atari ST, I just used to get the blame for breaking all the controllers, LOL! I still remember when we went to get it, it was night time, just before closing for the department store but we went into town specifically for this game, dad knew where it was and we got it straight away. Apparently a friend from work suggested the game to my Dad, and I'm glad he did. When I was about 15 the game wouldn't load anymore so one of my bro's snotted onto the tape, yes he pulled the metal protector away and snorted this huge crusty into it. It had a good life until then. :)
LOL Rainey!

I still have the amiga in my loft...havent played in a while though.

Chris J

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Re: what do you get when you cross geoff crammonds stuntcar racer & GPL?
Date: May 16, 2002 09:01AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Downloading now

LoL that looks funny! I'm downloading it now.

Mike, you do need to use a credit card to buy online, unless you order it and do the rest by phone or something which many find a safer option - many also find it is an unavailable option though!

My Mum wasn't up to buying online until she read through the safety confirmation details....etc, and she realised that it really was safe if you're buying through a big or well-known company.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 16, 2002 10:34AM
Its great fun - it tests your handling of the car and makes you appreciate the Force-Feedback patch

I've only managed to stay on the track on the big jump once! And that was luck!

I've got a wicked replay to show you guys so I'll upload it to my site and you can get it - im in a Honda and going over the big jump I lose it slightly and skate along the edge of the track for about 5 seconds like I'm doing some sort of grind! Fun!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
I have one saved where I go over the second major jump flat out, and end up landing on Jack Brabham who was leading at the time, my car bounced off his head, flipped, spun, and finally landed off the track. It looks funny from the second placed driver's car.
Date: May 17, 2002 12:42AM
Yeah all the replays you can get are amazing

Also try driving the track backwards - youll notice a little bump after you go backwards past the finish straight that sends you flying :D

Yeah that hump is funny. Something to try is to land on the roof of the pits and stay up there! If you do, take a screenie, it is near impossible. To get over there you need heaps of speed, but that means you need to slow down before the end too. :)
WOW! This is such an excellent track.... imagine it with modern F1 cars?? :)

WOW! This is such an excellent track.... imagine it with modern F1 cars?? :)

hmm an interesting hypothesis neil,

would the f1 cars stick to the track like when they corner at vast speeds or would they fly off at the crest of the humps?

hmmm, track makers, get your ass's in to gear :-)

LS's Tip of the week
G'day all...

MORE OF SCREENSHOT PLZ ^_^

I'm guessing that a modern F1 would flip backwards if it started to leave the surface, once the airflow gets under a fast moving F1, it is almost impossible to stop it from flipping.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy