Range

Posted by drafi5 
Range
Date: August 08, 2006 05:20PM
Posted by: drafi5
In gp3 edit and other carsetcreators you have a number you can fill in that is called RANGE.
What does it do exactly and is a higher value means that the cars are more constant in their laptimes and what value is the realistic one ?

Happy racing from Germany !!!
Re: Range
Date: August 08, 2006 05:45PM
Posted by: X_Acto
Helmut, that means that a driver who have a performance of 12150 and a rage of 20, will have a performance between 12130 and 12170.

I don't think there is a realistic value for all the drivers, because it depends of the driver itself. If a driver is very consistent then the range value should be smaller than a very inconsistent driver.

I hope that helps you...

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: August 08, 2006 06:24PM
Thanks for that answer, Paulo.

Regards
Helmut.
Date: August 08, 2006 11:55PM
Posted by: SuperSonic
"Performance" is how much GRIP is available for a given car, which obviously affects its laptimes. See, we can interpret this number as a medley of all factors that limit the speed of the car around corners and under braking/accelerating: the driver, tyres, aero, chassi... so simple and so effective!

Human player has 16384 "points" of grip, so it is fair to give the same ammount to the best driver/car of your carset.

"Range" works pretty much as X-Acto explained, but it tends to be a disadvantage. That's because when range is positive, there's a higher probability that the grip will be closer to the performance value, which isn't always the case of when range is negative. You can find details about this in the SDI forum.

Years ago someone teached me to calculate the avarage of the results of a dirver/car and set it as "performance", while 1x the standard deviation of the same results is a very good number for "range".

You can check my performance packs and see how I did it all. It is time-consuming to get the final numbers for your carset, but it certainly worths the effort.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2006 11:56PM by SuperSonic.
Date: August 09, 2006 09:16AM
Thank you very much, Mario. Will you make a performance pack
for 2006 and how is the progress of Istanbul ?

Date: August 11, 2006 12:53AM
Posted by: SuperSonic
Unfortunately there won't be a 2006 perf pack and we dropped the Istanbul project.
Date: August 11, 2006 09:50AM
Posted by: Brianf666
Just to add my two penn'orth. I give the likes of Kimi or Alonso only about 20 of range. I used to give JPM about 100 as he was more prone to good and bad days. I have yet to work out how to give Sato a boost at Suzuka but next year its going to Fuji so I won't bother.
BTW, I have just started putting a team/driver/engine line-up together for 2007. Alright, a bit early but with a 19k rev limit I have to see what effect that will have on performance. Anyone know the final word from FIA on development. Are teams going to have to use the June spec with a rev limiter or can they develop now for a limited engine?

Brian

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: August 11, 2006 10:12AM
I heard the teams can use the Shanghai spec of the engines,
Brian, can you contact me about the 2007 line up ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy