IndyCar 2006 Carset

Posted by Seguin 
IndyCar 2006 Carset
Date: July 23, 2006 07:59PM
Posted by: Seguin
Hi Guys,

In the Download section you will find a 2006 IRL Carset. It is not a 100% accurate but I think I did my best. It includes cars, cockpits, pitcrews, team artworks. Hopefully The ''Smoking Pen'' will make a better version but for now enjoy this carset.

Kind Regards

Seguin
Re: IndyCar 2006 Carset
Date: July 23, 2006 10:10PM
Posted by: MaxSenna
do you know where I can get a 1993 indycar set???? with all the relevant car designs and helmets?
Date: July 23, 2006 10:28PM
I'm not sure if it exist. In the old download section, I know there is some 90's carsets. Personnaly i have made a 1998 carset. You will find it on this site.
Date: July 23, 2006 10:43PM
Posted by: bolero
where is the link?
Date: July 23, 2006 11:02PM
It is in the old Download section
Date: July 23, 2006 11:05PM
Posted by: bolero
You're right:-) thank you

fantastic carset...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2006 11:13PM by bolero.
Date: July 24, 2006 01:30AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
MaxSenna,

Other than the ones that you don't like, the only more or less complete pre-2000 CART carsets for GP3 are 1994 (without team arts) and 1998 ones.

There are no pre-2001 CART carsets for GP3-2k at all.
Date: July 29, 2006 08:32PM
Posted by: Jacques26
Thanks for the carset. It looks very nice.
I hope you will long continue producing CART/IRL sets.
Date: July 29, 2006 09:38PM
Posted by: PIQUET FAN
Marvellous work. I'm Champ car freak since I know the category and I'm very glad I can race now with 06 carset. Thanks for that, is very well done.
Date: August 18, 2006 09:28PM
Posted by: Legi
Hi Stephan!

Sorry for the late answer...

Look great - Artwork is very good! :-)

It give`s me, motivation for my own Artwork`s in the future.

Keep Racing
Dieter

www.d-legenstein.at
Date: August 18, 2006 11:31PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
JackiMatra Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> There are no pre-2001 CART carsets for GP3-2k at all.

Just wondering if there is a demand for this. I am no artist, but quite enjoy the task of converting from 1.13 to 2k. Maybe if original authors were to give permission I could convert some of the older IRL/CART/Champcar carsets for use with GP3 2000.

Any thoughts, and if you like the idea then what year would you prefer first?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: August 19, 2006 03:42AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
There isn't much to convert.

Stephen Seguin's 1998 CART carset and Paul B's 2000 CART carset are the only pre-2001 Indycar (CART or IRL) carsets for GP3 that are anywhere near complete, containing the entire GP3Edit complement of carskins, performance, cockpits, helmets, pitcrews, pitboxes, and wheels.

A huge advantage of GP3-2k over GP3 is the possibility of having different liveries, etc. for the same "team", which is particularly apt for Indycars (both CART and IRL). because of the fact that many, if not most, Indycar teams often had different liveries for their different cars, and because of the large number of single car teams that competed in the series.

Personally, I would very much like to see a "complete" CART-1999 carset for Grand Prix 3-2000, as this was the most closely contested championship of any major racing series ever, (it ended in a tie between Juan Montoya and Dario Franchitti which was resolved in Montoya's favor by means of a tie-break), and it is the earliest Indycar racing season for which we have all of the correct tracks in GP3.

Should anyone be interested in painting some accurate earlier seasons' cars for GP3/GP3-2k, I would be able to supply them with extremely detailed and accurate full-color drawings of side-views of the cars (with drivers' helmets visible) of every single CART team that took part in the series, from 1997 through 2000, which I have scanned from the Autocourse Indycar Annuals (which would probably prove to be considerably more usefull to a carpainter in regards to colors, sponsors. and many other detalis, than any photographs), as well as providing headshot photographs of all of the drivers who took part in the series, and many more photographs of the cars and drivers than even are contained in my CART menu background sets.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2006 04:27AM by JackiMatra.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy