Any new track works for GP3?

Posted by Marrco 
Any new track works for GP3?
Date: May 09, 2006 11:35AM
Posted by: Marrco
Hi. Is anybody working on new tracks for GP3?
Re: Any new track works for GP3?
Date: May 09, 2006 01:47PM
Posted by: Made in Brazil
i think gp3 track editing is abandoned...:(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2006 01:48PM by Made in Brazil.
Date: May 09, 2006 02:10PM
Posted by: Marrco
why? Is everybody working on GP4?
Date: May 10, 2006 07:51AM
Posted by: vbc
Nah GP3 TE is not abandoned I think, it is just that most people keep asking for tracks instead of giving a try to TE.

I personally made one track and updated other, but hopefully I will improve the quality of my track to release it for everyone.

Thanks GP3Hotlaps
Date: May 10, 2006 10:32AM
Posted by: drafi5
@ vbc:
I think your Peru track has the quality to release, also Bahrain 2006 update.
Please continue your good work !

Happy racing from Germany !!!
Date: May 10, 2006 02:53PM
Posted by: BillehJean
wow how did you get your GP3 to look like this

And how did you install that cars?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2006 02:53PM by BillehJean.
Date: May 10, 2006 03:08PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
BillehJean Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wow how did you get your GP3 to look like this

Probably the same way as getting it to look like this:

;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: May 10, 2006 03:35PM
Posted by: BillehJean
your one looks real though.. the other one looks fake, or looks like the new F1 game for the ps3 AHH graphics are taking over my brain
Date: May 10, 2006 03:39PM
Posted by: Zyklef
erm, they're both real photos. :S
Date: May 11, 2006 02:42PM
Posted by: gareth
it'd be nice if GP3 could look that good.....

back on topic, i'm working on a fictional street circuit at the moment, long way off being ready to release
Date: May 12, 2006 07:19AM
Posted by: purpleRacer
I´m agree with VBC,

Track editor for GP3 in the first sight looks really complex , but belive me, is more easy than looks. Roberto Scandura writes and excellent manual.
For example, rFactor racing simulator use 3D MAx animation program to build circuits, and you need learn 3D Max modelling and texture techniques to really make circuits for that program. If you dont know anything of 3D modelling is really hard to begin with this type of tracks. (and you need of course 3D max program ver.7 at last, and $1,500 dls. to buy :) )

GP3 offer a Track editor for free, you dont need previous knowledge of 3D modelling tecniques. You can put textures in an easy form, you dont need any knowledge about UV textures (UV textures are warp maps for 3D models like carsets for GP3) and anything about making instances for the track objects (an INSTANCE in 3Dmax is the physic description of a 3D object in relation with an other objects in the same 3D scene. For example, if an object cast shadows, propertys for collisions with other objects, etc. ) Whit GP3 Track editor you dont´need to calculate object collisions, the barriers are barriers, you crash with them, the kerbs act like kerbs, you only put them in the track, no more.

Yes, the new racing simulators based in 3D High level programs have awesome graphics, textures and objects physic behaviors really impresive, but if you compared textures, construction and circuits from barriers to the center of the tracks, GP3 is really great. And GP3 has a great rain and weather conditions, a lack off for the modern racing simulators ( in 3D programs to simulate rain you need particle sytems, and you need a motor program to translate the particle system to the racing program to simulate rain in the game, a very complex task)
And other GP3 advantge: the Trees. Wow, a very very very wise solution for put trees in scenary with a great result. The trees in GP3 are special objects pre programed with a dynamic normals and better resolution( a normal is the face direction of a texture). The face of texture ever point to driver view, and this cause a volumetric sensation. When I see the ugly "X" trees (2 planes crossed and textured) in the modern racing simulator tracks, I stand up, take my hat off and clap to Gramond team ;) , really wise guys. Make a decent tree in 3D program is posible, but if you want a great result yo need a 3D object with a large number of polygons, a complex object, result = a low frame rate ( a very large ocuppancy in terms of GP3). The GP3 tree solution is one of the most great solutions (with the rain) in any PC game, belive me.

About scenary, you can make decent and good scenarys. I´m pull to the limit GP3 track editor with Pau track, with awesome results :) and imo, Pau track for GP3 is better than Grand Prix legends Pau track. Or take a look for the great Major Tom´s Nurburing track, awesome, o Roberto Scandura Tracks, master art works, and the best of best, Belini tracks.

And to be honest, I tempted to make tracks for other simulators (rFactor and Racer) but I´m use Ligthwave and Maya 3D programs and in this moment I dont have time to learn 3D max o convert maya o lightwave to 3D max and adecuate the files for racing simulators. Mybe I try with GP4 ;) But first, I want to finish my last task for GP3, the 1970 mod :)

For me its great to make GP3 tracks, its incredible when I drive my own circuit, its a great reward.

You dont lost anything downloading Roberto Scandura´s track editor manual and reading it.

My only complain is with track objects. I want a GP3 object editor to make from scratch new objects (you can edit existent objects of all GP3 tracks with track editor and export to your track), any have one????? jajajajajaja ;)
Date: May 13, 2006 01:19AM
Posted by: vbc
@drafi5: thanks mate, I apreciate your words, I will try to keep working in my free time.

purpleRacer is totally right, the quality in GP3 tracks are good enough considering the knowloadge you need to make them, and yes it is great to race on your own circuit even if it is a simple oval, you can always add more objects, improve textures, or hysics ehaviour of the track, Track Editor by Paul Hoad yis totally free and with Issoanula Track Editor's help you can make perfect sceneries, again considering the limitations of GP3 itself.
Trees and rain are great, I agree, not super fast pc's can run the game properly due not very complicated progress going on.
GP3 is the perfect balance in gameplay and graphics for standard... well believe me or not I think that GP3 driving feeling is stunning in hotlaps and races, with the tyre damage, car perormance changing..... you need to enjoy that much more :)

Thanks GP3Hotlaps
Date: May 18, 2006 01:47PM
Posted by: Timm
Have you a link to the TE manual ?
Date: May 18, 2006 02:37PM
Posted by: SuperSonic
ouch, people. You have motivated me.

We should consider to form a team of modders for the 2007 season.
Date: May 18, 2006 08:42PM
Posted by: harjinator
has anyone got a link for TE and the TE manual? I might still have TE somewhere, but i've never seen the manual for it-be interested to have a look

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: May 18, 2006 09:14PM
Posted by: dada
come mates..... check the scanduras page

Date: May 18, 2006 09:27PM
Posted by: harjinator
thanks dada-moment of laziness there

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: May 20, 2006 04:16AM
Posted by: Lucasjeha
I would like to learn how to make tracks in GP3 Track Editor, because there are many tracks, good tracks that was never made for GP3, examples, Motegi (not the oval), Autopolis, Mine, Tsukuba, and others, if somebody has that manual of how to make tracks, please post it here, please!

I would like to learn how to make tracks in GP3 Track Editor, because there are many tracks, good tracks that was never made for GP3, examples, Motegi (not the oval), Autopolis, Mine, Tsukuba, and others, if somebody has that manual of how to make tracks, please post it here, please!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy