GPxPath ultra-slow

Posted by degas 
GPxPath ultra-slow
Date: April 20, 2006 03:39AM
Posted by: degas
Hello everybody.

I´ve installed a XP version in my computer and then my GP3 and accessories.

Well, now I need to wait for a long, long time to start GP3 using GPxPath. I need to wait more than a minute to see the game (I have counted this).
This phenomenon doesn´t occur if I start the game without the GPxPath (about four seconds).
Could someone help me?

Thanks!
Re: GPxPath ultra-slow
Date: April 20, 2006 10:06AM
Posted by: Eagle
I'm assuming you mean GPxPatch there degas...

Are you sure you're running GPxPatch 3.91?

Also depends on how much RAM you're got...processor speed...problems with Windows...things running in the background...probably a whole range of factors could be causing problems...maybe some problems with the GP3.exe patched file itself...

Could do with some more feedback to be able to help you further.
Date: April 20, 2006 06:05PM
Well... i've isolated the problem.

Its occurs when I start GPxPath (v. 3.91) toogling the "Debug mode" option. If this option is not setted the game loads normally.

And, after the load stage, the game works quite well too... the problem is to use the Debug Mode option, i'm sure.

But without this option many (almost all) of the tracks crashes the game... what can I do?

Thanks again.
Date: April 21, 2006 12:16AM
Posted by: Brianf666
Just a thought. Have you set the verbosity at LOW? I use this setup with no big delays even with startup and intro skipped. I am running GP3 decrypted-no CD version on an Athlon 2600+, 512 ram, radeon 9600 256, at 1024x768.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: April 24, 2006 12:12AM
Ok... I tested a GeForce and the game works fine.

Now the problem is how to buy one.

Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy