Problems with Belini tracks

Posted by Marrco 
Problems with Belini tracks
Date: April 12, 2006 08:55AM
Posted by: Marrco
Hi. I m here for the first time. I ve downloaded belini tracks, installed them into my GP3 game, read instructions carefully, used gpxpatch, but only 5 tracks from the whole bunch are working. That s Sepang, Magny Cours, Hungary (only years 99-02), Shanghai and Sakhir. The other ones aren t working. I ve started the GP3 in debug mode with the verbosity low and enabled the car power depandent. And then I saw a strange thing... Those dat.files of the tracks that they working are under 137 kb. The other ones are sized in more than 136 kb. And they aren t working. Even when I m using every patch. Is that the main problem, or what? What s the problem with it? Can you help me someone, please? Is there a possibility to repair it?
Re: Problems with Belini tracks
Date: April 12, 2006 09:24AM
Posted by: quickslick
there are only a few tracks working with gp3, all the other tracks are for gp3 2000 and they don't work with gp3,that's the solution ;-)
Date: April 12, 2006 10:29AM
And what s the main difference between GP3 and GP3 2000? In gp3form weren t mentioned any differences between those track dat files... Is there a possibility to convert those "Gp3 2000 trackdat files to compatibile GP3 files?
Date: April 12, 2006 10:49AM
Or where can I find all 2003 and 2004 or maybe 2005 tracks for GP3? I m searching net, but nothing found yet... Here are only few of them...
Date: April 12, 2006 12:29PM
if you find a solution to convert the magic data files from gp3 2000 to gp3, then it could be possible to use these track for gp3, too. You find most of the tracks here in the downloadbase for gp3.
Date: April 12, 2006 12:54PM
Posted by: raisinberry777
Use md2/md converter by Roberta Scandura and find something else to extract the magic data, I'm sure there's a program that can do it. I'm just not into track editing
Date: April 12, 2006 01:46PM
Yes, I ve downloaded md2/md converter, but it didn t find any magic data files in each belini track folders...

And here are a lot of 2003,2004 tracks, but not all... In 2003: Europe, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Belgium, USA are missing....
In 2004: is missing Hungaroring, Barcelona (here is only Beta version), Germany
And 2005? I m looking, but there s nothing...
Date: April 12, 2006 01:58PM
Posted by: Looping Murdock
If you succeed to convert this track can you post them in this topic please ?
Date: April 12, 2006 02:01PM
@Marrco, you need magic 2000 to extract the magic data from Belini track dats
Date: April 12, 2006 02:50PM
Yes, that s nice. I ve tried to do it with the md2/md converter from R.Scandura. For example, Magny Cours and Interlagos contain magic data, but for example Melbourne or Monaco didn t... So, what next?
Date: April 12, 2006 03:02PM
Sorry, every track has it s own magic datas... But, when I have the extracted magic files from Gp32000 files, what s next? I have the md2/md converter. I choose the gp32000 magic data,(for example from Interlagos 2003) and which magic data from gp3 should I choose? Any Interlagos? It doesn t matter which year? This is what I don t know...
Date: April 12, 2006 06:31PM
Posted by: belini
the only tracks that are gp3 compatible are:

sepang, hungaroring 1999 - 2002
magny cours 1999 - 2003
sakhir, shanghai 2004 - 2005

all tracks need the magic data extracting and convert to gp3 magic

pk

[www.belini.fsnet.co.uk]

Date: April 12, 2006 11:14PM
Posted by: Brianf666
I think it might clarify if we say that the other tracks use facilities in GP3-2k that just aren't there in GP3. I have working .md files on my site [formula1.lilirose.net] which work with these belini tracks and the '02 trackset of the others (turkey is not available yet). It is designed for use with '06 performance (730ish bhp). I have included a text file to help wwith setup. You will need Paul Hoad's Track Editor, cmagic and, of course, GPxPatch.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: April 13, 2006 07:24AM
Hi. I ve tried to convert the magic data with the md2/md converter, but the trackdatas still aren t working. I ve extracted the magic datas from the belini tracks at first. Then I ve convert them with the program. But it still didn t work... What do I have to do? IS anybody who can convert the Gp32000 magic datas to GP3 compatible? This Bellini work seems to be very very good, but using only 5 from 20 tracks isn t as good...
Date: April 13, 2006 07:26AM
Is the work of Belini, so he can do it, I think...
Date: April 13, 2006 11:54AM
Can you tell me where can I find some good 2003, 2004, 2005 tracks compatible for GP3? The "belini s" aren t working even with the convertion...
Date: October 17, 2006 06:41PM
Posted by: Briere
bumpeh

Same here. All I want is a "decent" Suzuka, with a proper turn 1 :P
Date: October 17, 2006 11:15PM
Posted by: Brianf666
The best non-Belini tracks would most likely be the 2004 series by PatrickF1. Failing those, I'd go for the 2002 trackpack which is a sinle big download. Most of the '04 tracks are based on that '02 set with a few revisions and updated advertising.

On the subject of converting GP3-2k tracks to GP3, it has been done. I think the Turkey track works well but the job was not too much. Draffi5 and others did the hard work. It was a case of removing items from the list until it was within the GP3 spec file size. It probably would remove too much from the other tracks and make them less enjoyable than the '04 ones.

Personally I use the '04 Suzuka track but it is tame at 130R compared with the older versions. It's just too easy to drive it at full blast with these little, underpowered F1 cars we have now.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: October 18, 2006 06:00PM
Posted by: PIQUET FAN
Is weird, but I have GP3 2000 and is not all Belini tracks that work. Most of them crash the game to desktop, and I did carefully everything what's on the read me file.
For example, Melbourne all versions crash the game.
What could be happening?
Is there two GP32K versions?

And one more thing, the working tracks take ages to load. I have an Athlon 1.2 Ghz with a GForce 4 with 64 MB video card, and GP3 1.13 works fine and full.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy