GP3-2k Season Set Belini Tracks 1999-2005 with Carsets

Posted by JackiMatra 
If anyone has put together season set GPxPatch files for GP3-2k which will allow one to use Belini's 1999-2005 tracks and the Jan Frischkorn's, Ralph Hummerich's, Paul Edmonds' and Belini's 1999-2005 F1 carsets with track specific liveries and performances, would they be so kind as to send these files to me, please? My e-mail address is wj.bohdani@verizon.net .

I have been trying for over a week now to get any of this to work, with no success whatsoever, and am, frankly, more than a little frustrated. Even any one F1 season 1999-2004 that works, would be greatly appreciated, as I would hope that this would show me what these files should look like for other seasons.
@ JackiMatra:
look here: [http://www.racesimulations.com/GP3/downloads/]

Happy racing from Germany !!!
"Error 404 The file you are looking for is not found on this website."
Jacki

I have 2001 and 2002 sets from RH with their original installers and team art. However they are quite large files (17 Meg and 8 Meg respectively), I'll gladly mail them to you providing your inbox is big enough.

[www.pedmonds.f9.co.uk] - Smoking Pen's 2004 set is linked to from here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2006 07:52PM by Dinga.
@ Jacki Matra:
JF1999 and RH 2000 are on the way to you, please check your mail.

Thank you very much.
However, I am afraid that I seem not to have made myself clear as you appear to have completely misunderstood my problem.

I do not need any GP3-2k carsets.
I have all of the EMAC, Jan Frischkorn, Ralph Hummerich, and later GP3-2k carsets.

I also do not need any GP3-2k tracks, as I have all of Belini's GP3-2k tracks.

My problem is that I cannot get any of Belini's tracks to work with GPxSet in GPxPatch. (I have followed Belini's directions, and tried many other alternatives, but nothing works with the GPxPatch files supplied with Belini's tracks, patch, cars and other addons.)

What I would like to get ahold of are GPxPatch files that make Belini's tracks work in GP3-2k with a GPxSet season set file. What I am guessing this amounts to, are a working GPxPatch season set file, individual GPxPatch track files for each race of a season, and a GPxPatch configuration file.
If I understand you correctly I believe the problem may well lie in GPxPatch itself. To my reckoning it appears that the tracks set selected in GPxTrack tab overrules the tracks set selected in the GPxSet tab, thus meaning that it is not possible to create a season specific tracks set for use only within the season set.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
I understand and agree with that, and therefore am not enabling GPxTrack.

However, the proper tracks are specified in the individual carset/track files for each track of the season set file, but I cannot get them to appear in the game.

I have changed the track paths to those in my GP3-2k installation, as directed in Belini's directions, but they (and everything else, cars, etc.) will not show up in the game.

That is why I am asking if anyone that has gotten them to work could please send me their GPxPatch files that I refer to in the post above, so that I could compare them with mine to try and see what errors my files have.
Then we have the same problem - disabling GPxTrack always results in only default tracks in game regardless of any tracks set inside the season set. I have never had the same problems with liveries, cockpits and suchlike, however. Unfortunately I don't have any track specific carset installed at present, although I would recommend looking deeper at the RH2002 for a good example of this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
i've installed all trackspecific Carsets from the later 80's onwards and i've installed Bellini's tracks and all the carsets works well. But i've figured out, that every season must have the same trackorder as the original gp3 2000 one. That means, every new seasontrack has to placed in the original gp3 2k slot Then it works properly.
So it appears that it is a problem with Belini tracks?
One cannot use them with any GPxPatch season set files, including Belini's own, and have the tracks arranged in the proper order?

Does anyone disagree?
Has anyone managed to get the tracks working in the proper season order with GPxSet files?
the tracks works, if you are using the slots for the seasons, but the carsets won't works then. E.g. if i running the season 99 rh and using Bellini's spa track in slot 12 instead 13, the related cars won't be loaded. There are only the default cars instead the ferrari with the f1 logo a.s.o.
i think, i know where your problem is Jacki. Open belini's 2005_season.set file and another seasonset file, e.g. rh99 with notepad, to compare both files. In belini's file you will see this line : F:\gp32k\belini\2005\data\2005_carset_01.set. You have to change it to your proper installationfolder in gpxpdata. I created a new folder in gpxpdata and named it belini2005, then i changed the line in the 2005season.set file and the set works for me. Another thing is, there are missing some jams for the cars and the tyres. But if you have a look in the 2005_carset_01.set, there are all entrys for the these files. You have to change this lines and add the missing files in the right folders of gp3 2000 and then it should works for you properly, too :-)
It seems to me that Paul made the season.set files to work with his own carsets,
I thought that GPxPatch took automaticly the right files for the set.
Thanks Jürgen.

JackiMatra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So it appears that it is a problem with Belini
> tracks?
> One cannot use them with any GPxPatch season set
> files, including Belini's own, and have the tracks
> arranged in the proper order?
>
> Does anyone disagree?
> Has anyone managed to get the tracks working in
> the proper season order with GPxSet files?
>

been on holiday for 2 weeks in LA, very nice:)

as this thread is old hope you fixed the problem, just in case you still have
problems I'll try and help.

the way I configure gpxpatch is season sets hold the track order, gpxtrack
has to be enabled but is left blank. this way you can use carsets for every
track using the track sets.

track/season sets need to be changed to the path of the files on your pc.

hope this is of some help, I'm a bit jet lagged and finding it hard to concentrate:)

pk

[www.belini.fsnet.co.uk]

Haven't gotten around to fooling around with it yet, so I don't know whether I'll get it to work.

I do have a question about something that I don't understand about your tracks.
How is that they can possibly work in all of the proper slots for a season without magic data?
JackiMatra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Haven't gotten around to fooling around with it
> yet, so I don't know whether I'll get it to work.
>

can be a pig to sort initially, but once you get one season to
work it's easy.

>
> I do have a question about something that I don't
> understand about your tracks.
> How is that they can possibly work in all of the
> proper slots for a season without magic data?

all tracks include magic

pk

[www.belini.fsnet.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy