Tyre colour problem

Posted by Ajayrious 
Tyre colour problem
Date: March 02, 2006 01:57AM
Posted by: Ajayrious

i recently bought a new pc, and have installed gp3 and gp3 2000 on it. on both games i get these purple/pink rings around the tyres when in cockpit or an onboard view.

Im guessing it is something in my new graphics card's settings that i need to change but i wouldnt know where to begin, and i dont want to go messing around with them blind.

anyone got any ideas ?
Re: Tyre colour problem
Date: March 02, 2006 07:48AM
Posted by: drafi5
We still had this problem discussed here, use the search button "6600GT" and
you will find a solution for this problem ( I have a GF 6600 GT too).
Here is the link: [http://www.grandprixgames.org/forum5/read.php?1,430936,430936#msg-430936].

Happy racing from Germany !!!
Date: March 02, 2006 04:09PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
It's a shame that nobody has found a real soloution to this. I am to the point now where I have just learn to ignore it. Much easier than editing the tyre bitmaps for every carset I have.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: March 02, 2006 05:55PM
Posted by: belini
St.Hubbins Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's a shame that nobody has found a real
> soloution to this. I am to the point now where I
> have just learn to ignore it. Much easier than
> editing the tyre bitmaps for every carset I have.

do you have the problem with default tyre bitmaps?

[www.belini.fsnet.co.uk]

Date: March 02, 2006 10:57PM
Yes, where there is magenta on the bitmap so there is magenta on the tyre in-game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: March 02, 2006 11:46PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
its something to do with having gp3 edit running when you start the game... i used to have it and got it solved.
Date: March 03, 2006 12:48AM
No it isn't because the same problem is present in GP3 2000.

I think having GPEdit open makes the car livery show on the tyre tread.

Date: March 03, 2006 12:48AM
Posted by: Ajayrious
i have never had gp3edit open when starting the game,
Date: March 03, 2006 06:52AM
it's a long time ago since I used gp3edit but I did have tyre corruption
in wet races.
I think gpedit had an error when importing tyre bitmaps as it converts
them to 72 pixels per inch, the originals are 480 pixels per inch for rims
and 640 per inch for tread, maybe worth a try grabbing the originals.

suppose you could try painting the pink black, at least it would look better:)

pk

[www.belini.fsnet.co.uk]

Date: March 03, 2006 07:18AM
That is exactly what I have done in the past (as was mentioned in the linked thread in the first reply in this topic.) Hence my comment that I just don't bother any more because it's just too much work for no big reason to edit the bitmaps of every carset.

As I also said, it is nothing to do with GPEdit as the problem aslo exists with GP3 2000, and the default bitmaps of both games. I really is just a curious 6600 problem I think. Never mind, I don't even give it a second though now. In fact, when I see onboard shots on television I wonder why they don't have magenta on the tyres too ;)

Date: March 03, 2006 09:03PM
Posted by: TheSmokingPen
I've had a similar problem with my wheels for the Champ Car and IRL carsets and I finally fixed it, although it drove me nuts finding it. I was getting thin magenta lines on the silver wheels and it was down to the colour being pure white - i.e. an RGB value of 255, 255, 255. Seeing your screenshot, is it possible you're getting the problem with a different value - possibly 0, 0, 0?

Just a thought.

The Pen
Date: March 03, 2006 10:04PM
Sorry to be a nuisance, Pen, but can you say exactly what you edited please.

In my experience the problem lies with the tyre bitmaps (ie. whbridge0.bmp, etc). The magenta colours on them corresponds to the magenta colour that shows in the game, and by flood filling colse to black (i used 16,16,16) then the tyres lose the magenta in-game. I don't see where ther is any white at all. :s

Date: March 04, 2006 05:40PM
I've just checked my tyres which I originally made way back before gp32k
was released, It seems I just nicked a bit of tyre texture and pasted
over the offending area, seems this problem must have arisen with gforce2
too.

pk

[www.belini.fsnet.co.uk]

Date: March 04, 2006 06:54PM
Posted by: TheSmokingPen
@St Hubbins - I edited my original bitmaps for the wheels, which were made from scratch. The white I referred to was in the "chrome" of the wheel on the bitmap, not on the tyre - what I was trying to get over was that what might be causing your problem was a specific RGB value that didn't work with your setup.

If flood filling the magenta with 16,16,16 is fixing it, great. I don't have any magenta on my own original wheel bitmaps, so I only had a problem with 255,255,255.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy