Strange GP3Edit Problem

Posted by silverchamp 
Strange GP3Edit Problem
Date: February 13, 2006 08:01PM
Posted by: silverchamp

I have been having a bizarre problem with GP3Edit in the last few days. Whenever I try to load new carsets or individual images, after a few seconds the entire programme just closes and disappears.

Does anyone know what the problem is or how I might fix it? I can do all the editing I need but it just takes a long time - I have to load each individual helmet and then save the carset before the programme closes, then reload and do the next!!

Any help would me much appreciated!!
Re: Strange GP3Edit Problem
Date: February 13, 2006 08:49PM
Posted by: Dinga
Are you using Windows XP? If so this may be worth a try; Copy the folder containing GP3Edit and its associated files to another location on your PC(eg Desktop). Uninstall GP3Edit, then cut the folder you copied elsewhere and paste back in it's original location. Don't know if ths will work but I do know that GP3Edit doesn't like being installed on XP. Failing that pm me your e-mail address and I'll zip my copy and send it to you.

Re: Strange GP3Edit Problem
Date: February 14, 2006 12:44PM
Posted by: Brianf666
I've had a few odd things with GP3edit. It seemed like it was leaking resources badly with menus disappearing. Usually a re-boot worked but I once had to re-install it. Otherwise its been fine on XP pro, 2000 server (!) and '98. I always keep it in its own folder. Don't even try to run it and MS word at the same time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy