BARCELONA Laptimes leaderboard, submit your times...

Posted by Rainey 
yah. those apex kerbs are really difficult to ride. running and 18/20 wing angle won' give u as much top speed down the straight. competitiors will be licking their lips once they see poor top speed at a good overtaking point...well, thats if ai could lick their lips. errrrrrr watever. my point is that top speed should be around 300kph at the end of start/finish straight, otherwise u will get chewed up by slipstream.

but i guess this is for a good lap time, and not a race setup, so just forget everything i just said :)
Yes and no Zaahir... in a race situation... then yes, the other driver can pick up the slipstream... but in a hotlap... the exit speed from the last corner is that much faster with the higher downforce levels.... so you only lose about 1 tenth tops down the length of the straight... but you gain shed loads around the rest of the lap.

Not many lap times yet : )
i really do i agree about ur "@!#$ loads" of time gained in the rest of the track, but i've seen 'ghost' comparisons, and u would lose out about 0.5 to 1.0sec on the straights!(since the last 2 corners are also very fast). u may think this is not possible, but i've seen it. but then - as u said - its practically gained in the middle part of the track. the screwed up thing is, u now have to find a setup that balances these concepts so that u get the best of both. *sigh* easier said than done, i suppose :)

i'll experiment with carsetups tonite, and (hopefully) i can get better at this track and pull in the fastest time by monday!

*sigh* again, easier said than done lol
Zaahir,

you a some sour piece of S**T. its like u have a problem. DONT SHOUT AT US!!

shout at the wall and you might feel better!

IF U DONT LIKE US THEN GO F**K OFF!

I didn't say it was a joke did I? I don't find it funny either, it was just a comment, and a pretty vicious one at that too. Hehe.
You guys are really awesome at this track, those times are very quick!

I'm gonna go have a shot at it in a minute, but I have this feeling that I'm gonna be around 1m25s000. Maybe slower because I've been drinking, lol!
It's cool now jordangp, I was outta line. I wish I had GP3 2000, but I don't know whether it is worth it with GP4 being so close.
well its not worth it now cause i believe that in 2 months from now gp3 and gp3 2000 will be either lost by me or gathering dust.... :)

Yeah, same. :)
yeah, watever jordangp. i really dont give a crap anymore. rainey: i managed 1:18.859. but with all my quickest sectors, i get 1:18.4*, so i am really irritated at the moment. i'm not quite happy with my driving at the moment :(
Re: BARCELONA Laptimes leaderboard, submit your times...
Date: April 29, 2002 12:52AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Its all out war :';(

Blah if that works ill eat my shirt

Date: April 29, 2002 12:53AM
mmmmmm that sweet taste of nylon

G'day all..

Chris = The king of those smiley things

kewl stuff :)
has anyone sorted out this kerb problem? i'm really struggling on the apex kerbs... i cant touch them or i'll fly off the track!
Zaahir,
Which kerbs are giving you the biggest pain? Because there are some kerbs that you just can't touch... because they are too aggressive (e.g. the second apex of the first chacane)

Rainey,
Is it Monaco next? : ) It is always a challange there. And what is the leaderboard like? i would sort through, but i'm at work and i am also very lazy : )

cheers

Andy

if at first you don't succeed, try again, then.... give up
Date: April 29, 2002 09:49AM
Yeah i agree Zaahir, i have to avoid most kerbs especially the last corners as they have a habit of flingging you off

Chris = The king of those smiley things

ehehehe thnx

*Oscar winners voice*
BUt of course i couldnt have done it without my manager, and the help of my parents and friends - especially here at the gp3 forum. My fans have helped me alot aswell, and my record label "crack smilies" was really the basis of my success

THank you, thanks you

/me takes a bow

*/oscar winners voice *

Leaderboard Revision #1
Date: April 29, 2002 10:59PM
Posted by: Rainey
Barcelona - Spain

Analogue
1.) Zaahir - 1:18.859
2.) Yokomoto Hatashia - 1:20.087

Digital
1.) Andy East - 1:18.967

Not many people considering all the posts, lol!
Leaderboard Revision #1.5
Date: April 29, 2002 11:27PM
Posted by: Rainey
Barcelona - Spain

Analogue
1.) Zaahir - 1:18.859
2.) Yokomoto Hatashia - 1:20.087
3.) Neville Stewart - 1:22.014

Digital
1.) Andy East - 1:18.967

Sorry Neville, almost forgot you mate.
Re: Leaderboard Revision #1.5
Date: April 30, 2002 02:24AM
Posted by: andy..
where have all the keyboarders gone?
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy