importing sounds in GP32K

Posted by badi 
importing sounds in GP32K
Date: April 23, 2002 02:56PM
Posted by: badi
Hi

I have GP32k and GPxPatch 2.21. I trys to import new engine sounds into the game. I tried the sound editor, but it just does not wotk???

Anybody can help?

BTW: Gp3 is just awesome. I have tried F12001 and just can't race as in GP3. Here you really feel like in an F1 car!
Re: importing sounds in GP32K
Date: April 24, 2002 06:06AM
Posted by: mortal
the sound files are embedded in dat files in the gp3/gp32k samples dir. I can't remember which dat files are which and how many language versions are supported. There is an option in gp32k to use the original gp3sound. All the dat files can be opened with the sound editor. gpxpatch will allow you to import new external event sounds including replay engine sounds/crowd sounds and pit comms. mp3's/cd tracks can be converted to wav and used as new background sounds, rename files to *.16 in the sound dir, I forget the exact format, maybe someone knows the bitrate & mhz, if you find out please let me know ;-) Cheers.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy