I must do this..

Posted by MP 
I must do this..
Date: January 09, 2006 06:43AM
Posted by: MP
Today, i did something i havent done in atleast 4-5 years!

i completed a 100% race! and in rainycondition!
and i went onto the next race but spun off after 41laps and got hit by another car..=/

I was so pleased with myself.=)

i started a 1987 season the other day and thought i must try and complete it.
but with crashes and technical problems the season progressed quite fast.
then it came, Paul Richard, quallie, rain with possibility of dryness at the end, i went out 5min before the end and managed to set the second fastest time.
I´m driving along side Rene Arnoux in the Ligier btw.
the race was set as a wet one, intermediates. started second but fell down after 2 spins in 2 laps, at the same spot to, was down to 10th and worked my way back up, and with other cars falling out. Senna won it in the Lotus with 1lap ahead of me, Boutsen got third 10sec behind me, but i was so happy at the end that i didnt think to much, spun and hit the wall, lost the front wing..then in the curvie section i slided off and knocked of the rear wing aswell...but i had just 2 corners til the end thankfully. =)

Atleast i got 2nd place! 6 points! woo hoo!!

Silverstone next, and i started 14th, all dry weather.
And after a good start i found myself up in 8th place, drove strongly and was up to 5th before my pitstop returned to the track in 9th and got back up to 5th when everyone made they´re stops. But then..on lap 41, i spun off just after the second split, i come close to rejoining the track and then i see Prost loosing it and hits me and knocks of my right rear wheel..sadly i was stuck in the gravel so i couldnt do anything..i was so mad! but stil so happy that i managed to drive that long! =)

sorry if the mod´s think its a useless post, but i am so happy that i just had to write something! =)
Re: I must do this..
Date: January 09, 2006 12:49PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
That's awesome!

Its so good when you do a full race, you get really involved in the strtegy, switching to a 2 stop half way through or whatever. I always used to drive 3 lap races, but now I cant do less than 50%. Though I havent played agame in months :|

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: January 09, 2006 12:55PM
Posted by: b-tone
sorry if the mod´s think its a useless post, but i am so happy that i just had to write something! =)

considering this is a game site theres waaaay too less of these kinds of posts - its nice ready stories about other peoples races :)

i've never done a 100% race :( i struggle to finish a 3 lap one - but i'm getting better ;-)

____
Tony

Date: January 09, 2006 01:58PM
hehe, nice to see that i´m getting positive reactions. =)

b-tone: just put it on 100% choose u´r favourite track, to start with, and just go for it. it doesnt get any better than the feeling when u have finished the race...
Date: January 09, 2006 10:58PM
Posted by: Zyklef
I have to admit I'm a sucker for 100% races, the enjoyment of 90 minutes work, even just to finish is something no other game has given me.
Date: January 10, 2006 09:42AM
Posted by: b-tone
lately the quickrace is set to a bout 12 laps, and if i try real hard i can get to the finish - with abuot 4 stops and 2 or 3 laps down . but its fun :p

____
Tony

Date: January 10, 2006 03:01PM
Posted by: elio
Last did a 100% race in 2002 using GP2.

It was Adelaide 1985. I spun a lot but the long race distanced helped me to claw back to 5th having been first for quite a bit. Great fun!

Must do a 100% in GP3 soon!
Date: January 10, 2006 03:10PM
Posted by: Sapo
I've finished several seasons in GP2 and GP3 with 100% races. Only I cannot play a race in one day, i often have to save at 20 laps and play for about three days for one race. But as MP says, it's awesome to finish a race in a good position! I often change my strategy to other cars.

Last I played season 2000 with DC, and THE ambition was to defeat Hakinnen, and in the season overture in Australia i did! My tires were absolutely bad, 48th lap Mika overtook me, but in the 56th lap (of 58) I was able to get the bastard back and win the race! That is so awesome! After 10 races i am 2nd in the title race, 21 points behind Hakinnen, but I am in the middle of the Sliverstone Gp, with Hakkinen already DNF and im in the lead :)

But ok, you need a lot of practice to drive a 100% race out without errors. And luck ofcourse. In GP4 in always have engine failures, even in 20% races or something like that.
Date: January 11, 2006 02:29AM
Posted by: Wheely
That's great to see you are getting so much fun out of the game. Try GPx Patch and the Career patch for even more fun! I did and am having a ball!

Best,

Wheely
Date: January 11, 2006 04:42AM
I got GPCareer installed but i think something is wrong, because when i open the program and start a new career it all works, then when i close it and reopens my career the tracks are mixed up, then i get the GP4 tracks..instead of the gp3 ones.=/

anyway, when i drive a 100% race, i get into somekind of a outer space concentration, all i hear is my engine sound and the other cars, my gf can talk to me but i dont hear her, =P i like that! haha. =)

anyway, my pc has died, so now i have to do something to make the game work on my laptop.
Its a Fujitsu Siemens, 1.73ghz, 1gb ram, 128mb ati mobility radeon x700.
GP4 runs like a dream, but gp3 is undrivable..=(
anyone have a clue on what to do?
Date: January 11, 2006 03:02PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Make sure AA and AF are turned off or at least to their minimum levels in the Properties / Settings / Advanced settings section after right clicking desktop.

I personally always drive far better when I'm not concentrating. Like, if I really concentrate, brake late, power down early etc, I can be 3/10ths of a second quicker, but I crash then. But if I sort of drive, then afte a while I start thinking stuff like "I've gotta ring john, get my ps2 controller back, then start thinking about a movie or something and before I kniow it I've done 12 laps at a really good pace and not crashed at all.

Its really weird, but I can't do it otherwise!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: January 11, 2006 03:29PM
qwerty: hehe, i know exactly what u mean, sometimes i end up doing the same, think of something completly else and woila u´ve done 50% of the race...and u think wow, that was fast..=P
i´ll try that later. thanx for the tip. =)
Date: January 11, 2006 05:39PM
Posted by: Sapo
Indeed the same for me, so the one round qualy was a hell for me, because I need a few laps to lose the tension. :P
Date: January 12, 2006 03:27PM
Posted by: Wheely
Workaround is, note all details required for GP Career, then manually enter them. If race tracks change just enter whatever track details you have in order. Some will be for right track, some won't. Still lets you advance in your career to better teams and gives several seasons worth of performance data.

Best,

Wheely
Date: January 12, 2006 04:12PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
nice thread, its waht gp3 is all about really, the satisfaction of finishing a race. most i ever did was 70%, but it was enough to feel as tho it was a proper race, with 3 lap races its not the same somehow. however im totally pushed for time these days so can never really load up games, but nice to hear your stories
Date: January 12, 2006 11:08PM
Posted by: Brianf666
Great thread.
I must admit I used to do a lot of championship seasons but since the season has become so long its harder to mess with spreadsheet files and run the extra races via a different season (<3 GPxPatch) and add the results in. I'll probably do that for 2006 if I can just get Turkey (hint hint track peeps). I don't think its too important where you finish, but the satisfaction of a good race with few unforced errors is great. While we're on actually playing the game for once, anyone want to tell us about favourite and least favourite tracks? I used to like Argentina and Hockenheim but one has gone and the other is a pale shadow of its former glory. Now, I like Monza but if I do a good race at Suzuka that's best of all. Least favourite would be Sepang (stupid tyre wear).
Date: January 14, 2006 10:11AM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Tyre wear is horrendous at the original GP3 version of Buenos Aires too. The 1981 layoud rocks though.

Mont Tremblant is perhaps my current favourite, and I love Assen, Rouen, Bugatti Au Mans, Speang, Macau and Silverstone too. Hate A1 Ring with a passion!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: January 15, 2006 12:17AM
Hahaha I wasn't thinking of non-F1 tracks. A1 I actually miss. Turn one there was a gem! Took me years to get a setup that would get round it 9 out of 10. Of "other" tracks, I do like Bandon Park. It's a no-compromise high downforce track with a nasty tight turn just over a ridge and lots of twisty bits. Brands is plain torture and Goodwood is errr interesting if you like fast ones.
Date: January 15, 2006 12:28PM
Posted by: Zyklef
Bandon Park is THE best track ever, fictional or non-fictional, on any racing game ever!
Date: January 15, 2006 09:50PM
You quite like it too then? It's a lot like driving in Kerry and the other cars go past just as crazily.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy