CART 2004 - a question

Posted by TheSmokingPen 
CART 2004 - a question
Date: January 08, 2006 05:41PM
Posted by: TheSmokingPen
My Champ Car 2004 set is ready to roll, (finally), but I'm not going to be doing an update for each race as I have in previous seasons, as I simply don't have the time any more. What I've done for the GP3-2000 set is a performance file for each race, plus a season-average performance file to make up for the missing races. I've included .jam files for each driver that was in the series, with their helmet(s) and the livery on their car when they got their best result. This gives you 24 drivers and 27 liveries for the season, as Nelson Philippe gets a different livery for each team he was with. So, for example, the Forsythe cars are Paul Tracy at Long Beach and Pat Carpentier at Laguna Seca, as these were respectively their first wins of the season, whereas young Nelson gets the Monterrey version of the Rocketsports entry and the Las Vegas version of the MiJack Conquest car he drove, these being his best results for each team.

You also get, as a bonus, the Long Beach liveries for Bourdais and Servia, as they had markedly different liveries there than from the rest of the season and I'd done these anyway.

OK, so here's the thing.... The GP3v1.13 set, at it stands at the moment, has the season-long performance file and the drivers who competed in the races at Denver, Montreal, Laguna Seca and Las Vegas, with their liveries. Team arts for both sets are based on this line-up. Question is, do I release that as a straightforward set OR do I release an "expansion set" prepped to run the Long Beach race, but including all of the helmets, cars and performance files to enable people to update the carset as they go along?

What would folk prefer? Whatever I end up doing on this will be the format I will be using for future Champ Car and F1 carsets.

Re: CART 2004 - a question
Date: January 08, 2006 08:23PM
Posted by: drafi5
Great news, Paul, I would prefer an expansion set for GP3, but I have both
(GP3 and 2k), so I am looking forward for the carsets.

Happy racing from Alleringersleben, Germany !!!
Date: January 08, 2006 11:05PM
Posted by: bolero
I would vote for expansion set, too.
Date: January 09, 2006 12:32AM
Posted by: wando
I would vote that the GP3 community is very lucky to have you, so do whats best for you!!
Date: January 10, 2006 02:24AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
I would second that.

(Although, personally, as you do ask, I would be happy enough with just one GP3 carset with, perhaps, a few drastic livery changes as extras.)
Date: January 11, 2006 05:52PM
Posted by: TheSmokingPen
Looks like an expansion set it is - I shall try to sort it this weekend coming.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy