Reserting GP3 Controls

Posted by macphersonaw 
Reserting GP3 Controls
Date: April 18, 2002 04:42AM
Posted by: macphersonaw
How do you reset the keyboard controls.

If i wanted to put the accellarate for instance as the forward arrow, it says i can't because it is already use. But, i can't remove that control.

please help me
Re: Reserting GP3 Controls
Date: April 18, 2002 05:04AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all..

One post mate, that's all you need.

And in answer to your question, I'm not terribly sure because ive never wanted to change controls (play with A + Z and < + >, once you get used to it it's the best way you can play.) but I'd try first making the left arrow key a button that isn't in use, which then frees up the left arrow key...see where I'm going? You could do that for all buttons. I'm not sure if this would work or not, but you can try. Also, someone here might be able to give u a wayyy easier solution, like an *ini file or something, I don't know.

Date: April 18, 2002 06:12AM
Posted by: mortal
easiest solution is to replace the executable. download the decrypted exe from this site to suit your game version. m8 look around the pawn shops like cash converters or similar for a cheap wheel, I bought a minty ferrari ff, cd still sealed ;-) for A$100. go for it.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 18, 2002 08:39AM
Posted by: Zcott
If you're using GPxPatch, goto the gpxdata directory under your GP3 directory and edit keys.ini. I don't know if you can change the keys to up and down and left and right because they're used for view changes, but try it anyway.
Date: April 18, 2002 12:29PM
Posted by: Xero
As Zcott said, use GPxPatch to change them... there is a button that allows you to edit the bind keys. ie. you can change the cam buttons to something else and have up for accelerate etc.

Xero
---------={X}=---------

Don't dis' GP4!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy