GP Masters carset (WIP)

Posted by saturdaynight 
GP Masters carset (WIP)
Date: November 17, 2005 03:58PM
Posted by: saturdaynight
So with the coming of the GP Masters series, I've started working on a GP Masters Carset.

Here is a screen shot of the first Car that is close to completion.

For comparison, here is the actual GP Masters car drven by Nigel Mansel.

GP Masters

The World Sim Racing Championship

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2005 04:13PM by saturdaynight.
Re: GP Masters carset (WIP)
Date: November 17, 2005 04:07PM
Posted by: Jacques26
Wow, looks good. I can't wait to get my hands on this carset. I am especially looking forward to Derek Warwick's lime green car and my favourite driver Jacques Laffite's silver car.
Date: November 17, 2005 04:12PM
Thanks! :) I've been exited about this series ever since I first heard about it almost a year ago. I missed the inagural 2005 Kyalami race but I hope to be able to watch as many races as I can in 2006.

There is still a lot of work to be done but I hope to have it completed before the end of the year. ;)

Date: November 17, 2005 08:24PM
Update: I've got the basic template for all cars started and did a little bit of work to Jaques Laffite's car. It's not complete though. I just got it started so it's still missing some graphics but here it is!

Note: For the time being I'm using helmets from other carsets, but I plan on creating my own helmets which will be add-free designs. Not to mention that none of these helmets are completely up to date with the drivers current helmets.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2005 03:36PM by saturdaynight.
Date: November 18, 2005 12:13AM
Rene Arnoux's car! ;)

Still a work in progress but looking good! ;)

Date: November 18, 2005 12:28PM
You MISSED the race?
Oh man, how could you?
It was great. The actual racing was not that special, only a few overtaking attempts but for much of the race, the cars were very close. For me, the highlight was to see the drivers in the pit boxes. Patrese and his wife, Mansell and his wife, Laffite and Tambay etc. All with several more pounds and/or grey hairs but each obviously happy to see each other again. Especially since old line ups were reassembled:
Mansell & Patrese
Patrese & Cheever
Warwick & Cheever
Warwick & Tambay
Laffite & Tambay
Laffite & Cheever
Date: November 18, 2005 03:11PM
Well, because I live in the US, we don't get the televised races! :( Only race highlghts via ESPN! I'm constructing this carset using as much data that I can collect from the GP Masters website and any other source I can find. GP Masters has a few videos that I'm using to help me complete the carset. The Silverstone testing is awsome and the shakedown video from Mansell and Arnoux helped me with their cars a great deal!

Well, the GP Masters site focuses a lot on Mansell's car so that was the easiest to complete. I'm just glad the Silverstone testing video took shots of all the cars! :)

I still have a lot of graphics to create to get the liveries complete. But I'm finding this process very easy for me! This is the first time, creating an entire carset from scratch, for me! ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2005 03:14PM by saturdaynight.
Date: November 18, 2005 03:30PM
I just found a huge resource with many images of the cars! This will surely be very helpfull.

Getty Images

Date: November 18, 2005 06:13PM
Livery updates

mansell's livery hasn't changed yet so here are the one that have changes to them.

Only a couple more car liveries to go! Then I'll focus on the details of each livery! ;)

One thing that I'm going to have to do and because of the way GP3 displays driver names, I will be placing two driver names on each car. One name on one side and the name on the other side. I want to make these cars look as close to the real thing as possible and the small names on the side of the overhead air intake is not what I'm looking for. So does this sound like a good idea?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2005 06:18PM by saturdaynight.
Date: November 21, 2005 08:52PM
So a lot of work was done this weekend to the carset. I've alos answered my own question. i've started work on the Team art and performances. I'm jsut about done with the helemts and I'm still working on the cars themeselves. All cars have their basic layouts comleted. Now it's donw to the little graphical details.

As for the names on the sides of the engine cowels, here is what i've come up with.

Their will be three different carset to choose from.

GP_Masters.GP3 installs generic team cars with no driver names on the engine cowel.

GP_Masters1.GP3 installs cars with driver 1 names on the engine cowel. Those names being Mansell, Fittipaldi, De Cesaris, Arnoux, Johansson, Laffite, Patreses, Warwick, Salazar and Prost.

GP_Masters2.GP3 installs cars with driver 2 names on the engine cowel Those names being Cheever, Lammers, Jones, Stuck, Laffite, The Teams Goldpfeil and GMF done have seconds drivers so the names from the GP-Master1.GP3 are the same. Also, since Salazar is a third driver for Team Altech, I've given Team Altech a second slot with Salazar only and Prost isn't seated with any team at this moment, that I'm aware of, since he didn't participate in the inagural race. With that said, I've seated Prost in his own slot until further news tells me otherwise.

Date: November 22, 2005 06:48AM
Posted by: Briere
I'd recommend you to use Bojan's template

[briere.corsairdesigns.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2005 06:50AM by Briere.
Date: November 22, 2005 02:29PM
Thanks! :D I didn't se that template in the downloads section! ;-)

Date: November 22, 2005 07:12PM
The Cars are looking better already thanks to Briere, pointing out the Bojan template! No screenies yet but I'll get them posted as soon as I have time! ;)

Date: November 22, 2005 10:41PM
Posted by: Briere
glad to be helpful :)
Date: November 27, 2005 04:33AM
I did some more work over the holidays. I'm still a bit lazy with the screen shots but the cars are just about as complete as I can get them with the references I was able to find. I'll probably be releasing a Beta carset version sometime very soon, since I have to put some focus into other projects that need my attention! I'll keep everyone posted! ;-)

Date: November 28, 2005 03:31AM
Alright, so here's what I've accomplished to date! Enjoy the screenshots! ;)

Date: November 28, 2005 06:12PM
OK, so here is the beta carset. This carset includes the following

Car liveries with and without names on the engine cowel
helmets
Performances as of Kyalami 2005
Basic cockpits
Avon Tyre textures

Click here to download.

Enjoy! ;)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2005 08:49PM by saturdaynight.
Date: November 29, 2005 01:05AM
Posted by: Fincent
First of all i'd like to say well done and wish you all the best with this set :) it looks very promising. Btw, are those slick tyres you have in your carset?! lol, how dya manage that?

-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: November 29, 2005 04:14AM
Thanks! As for the slics, it was fairly simple! I just took away the lines in the GP3 original treads and Edited the AVON tyre logo to them.

Date: November 29, 2005 09:36AM
Wow, great stuff. Thanks for a great carset.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy