GP3 carshapes

Posted by saturdaynight 
GP3 carshapes
Date: October 19, 2005 09:42PM
Posted by: saturdaynight
I have been working on creating full season mods for GP3 between the years of 89 and 94. One of the things that I wish I could do but I don't think is possible is setting different carshapes for each team. I just want to put this to rest. It's not possible is it? GP3 is only capable of one carshape at a time, correct?

The World Sim Racing Championship

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2005 09:47PM by saturdaynight.
Re: GP3 carshapes
Date: October 19, 2005 10:01PM
Posted by: mimo
not possible, gp3 uses only one shape.

P.S

90 to 94 season already exits, but 90 season not exits backmakers.

---------------------------------------------------

Date: October 19, 2005 10:19PM
I see! When did these get published?
Date: October 21, 2005 11:59PM
Posted by: Kaps
If you have nothing to do, I could give you a list of missing cars from late 80's & 1990, so try and make those?

I'm afraid I can't provide you with many pictures of them, tho.
Date: October 22, 2005 02:02AM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Put the list here or email me and I will see what pictures I can find :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: October 22, 2005 09:48AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
I tried to include good photographs of every single car and driver that took part in any grand prises in my menu background sets that are available on this website. Whatever cars you are looking for photographs of can probably be found there. I've done menu backgrounds for all years of F1 from 1967 through 1989 and 1999 through 2005, and am working on sets for 1990 through 1998. The 1980 through 1989 sets are all available for download from this website. The others have been either been uploaded to the site but not been put into the downloads section yet or have yet to be uploaded to the site.
Date: October 22, 2005 04:32PM
Ok then, fellas, here's the list:

1982-LBT-March (de Villota)
1985-Spirit
1986-Zakspeed, Osella, AGS
1988-AGS, Osella, Coloni
1990-Osella, AGS, Coloni, Eurobrun,Onyx-Monteverdi, Life

Well, that's that.
Date: October 22, 2005 06:07PM
Righty, I just collected a few pictures - there is at least one pic of each car mentioned above, usually more. Quality is not great in some images but it's a start....

[www.sendmefile.com]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: October 22, 2005 11:52PM
More than a few quality photos of all of the 1982-1988 cars that you mention are in my menu background sets from those years.
Date: October 28, 2005 10:11PM
mimo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 90 to 94 season already exits, but 90 season not
> exits backmakers.

Getting back to this! That's not really true! I have a an entire 1990 carset, created by someone going by the name "Widow," that i download from this site. ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2005 10:15PM by saturdaynight.
Date: October 30, 2005 01:23AM
So, would you be interested in making those cars from the list?
Date: October 30, 2005 04:20AM
Well I just spent a bit of time and made the 1990 Onyx...

If people want this then I will upload it. But I don't pretend to be a painter so.... :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2005 04:21AM by St.Hubbins.
Date: October 30, 2005 09:51PM
Yes, upload it, please!
Date: October 30, 2005 10:08PM
Posted by: mimo
hey hey hey, nice work, good luck dudes

---------------------------------------------------

Date: October 30, 2005 11:28PM
Okay guys, as you see from the screenshots this is a pretty raw version. There is warping on the Marlboro logo and the Monteverdi logo below, the number on the rear wing is slightly out of position etc... I used a modern template too, which is why the number on the front is so small when using a 1990 carshape.

Anyway, it's a start and anyone is free to modify it properly and make a bug-free version.

Date: October 31, 2005 03:41AM
Nice work! I think there is also an early nineties carshape that would would make the livery look more like the real car. Once I find it, on my multitude of CD packed with GP3 stull, I'll upload it to Gp3 and post an in game shot! ;-)

Date: October 31, 2005 06:35PM
So I've decided to focus on putting together a complete 1989 mod for GP3. This will no doubt take a little bit of time but I've always wanted to do this.

Date: October 31, 2005 09:52PM
But all the 1989 cars are already made.

Date: October 31, 2005 10:07PM
Well, I'm not talking about making the cars! I want to create an all inclusive installation, specifically geared towards 1989. having been around sim racing for a long time, I've found that some people, still hate to use the tools that are required to install everything into GP3. Yes, I know that carsets have been made for practically every season of F1 and as well, there are carshapes and tracks galore for many of those seasons. But very few simple to run isntallers. That's what I want to create! ;-)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2005 10:15PM by saturdaynight.
Date: November 01, 2005 04:34AM
How about 1989 ads and other graphics for the tracks using abcdefg's, the Smoking Pen's and others' 1989 configuration GP3 tracks?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy