Massive gp3 slowdown in loading times

Posted by Fincent 
Massive gp3 slowdown in loading times
Date: October 15, 2005 02:15PM
Posted by: Fincent
Heya there

Recently I've noticed that gp3-2000 is taking a long time to load its tracks (5+ minutes)! However, once a track has been loaded, if you load it again to have another race on the same track then it will take normal time (3-5 seconds). I am very confused by this and it is a bit annoying because if i want to race on a track for the first time on every startup then I have to wait 5 minutes plus :(. Something that may be of use to you...when i quit the game I notice a txt file loads up called "asset.txt" and usually just has a few lines of "long number -> <unknown assertion>".

Any help would be appreciated as this is making playing the game extremely unenjoyable :).
-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Re: Massive gp3 slowdown in loading times
Date: October 15, 2005 08:27PM
Posted by: Viper-F1.com
YAY! I'm not the only one! This is a major problem. It's put me off playing the game, which is a shame, cause the game rocks.
Date: October 15, 2005 11:01PM
Mmmmmmm. Done a bit of playing about. Seems to be a Hardware-Graphics problem. If you configure the graphics, for me anyway, Software loads easily, but hardware takes iceages! I thought it was my graphics card, but installed it on another machine, and same problem. So, something I reckon has been installed, perhaps a Windows Update that has made it gone pearshaped! Will try more experiments.
Date: October 16, 2005 12:06AM
Posted by: Fincent
i think i may have solved it...if you use gpxpatch then disable the track and the sound checkbox before starting the game. i just did (no idea why, lol) and everything seems to be working as normal!

Hope this helps
-Fin

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: October 16, 2005 03:16AM
Posted by: abcdefg
I reinstalled OS for that. now everything is just fine
Date: October 16, 2005 01:54PM
@ Fincent: But I got this slowdown problem when I freshly installed GP3 and started the game, and it asked for the graphics to be configured. Software mode was fine, hardware mode took ages. That's why I'm thinking, something thats been updated, perhaps on Windows, which has slowed it down. It'll be something stupid.
Date: October 19, 2005 09:36AM
Posted by: Jacques26
I also have encountered this problem. It happened about two months ago and it initially drove me mad.

Now, I read a book/magazine while the track loads. It takes anything from 1 minute to 5 minutes.

I hope someone figures out a solution.

Date: November 03, 2005 08:21PM
Posted by: Wallyx
Had this problem a few months ago.

Solution - turned off Nortons AV.

I suspect that one of the updates makes it check compressed files as they are loaded - the tracks in this case.

Hope this works for you - if you aren't running Nortons, maybe other AV progs are doing the same.
Date: November 10, 2005 04:51PM
Another buggered program caused by Norton! I like Nortons AV but does cheese me off. Disabling Norton from the toolbar seemed to work for me! TA!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy