Wet weather problems

Posted by MarkWS 
Wet weather problems
Date: October 03, 2005 02:42PM
Posted by: MarkWS
Hi

This to me is strange. When a practise session starts dry but with a probability of rain the CPU usage in much higher. It may start at 120% even though the sky is blue. I expect higher cpu when raining with the extra reflections etc but to be so bad before it even rains is beyond me.

Why can't my system cope with potential rain situations? It isn't much better when wet. Starts are awful. When it's dry my system is quick. I can't see it being a graphics cars problem as I'm running a 128 Radion.

Anyone any idea? I have to run all seasons with 0% rain chance by editing the md file. A little boring though.

Many Thanks

Mark
Re: Wet weather problems
Date: October 03, 2005 05:19PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
Hi I noticed this on my old pc. even with blue sky the PO was high. I'll say a stupidity but it's like setting the rain chance to zero the game disable it and the PO benefit of it while every minimal chance make that procedure works anyway too...

beta opinion... :)
cya

-------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2005 05:20PM by R_Scandura.
Date: October 05, 2005 01:19AM
Posted by: SuperSonic
It is because of the dynamic sky textures. When rain chance is set to 0%, the sky texture is fixed and PO gets lower.
Date: October 05, 2005 08:16PM
Posted by: harjinator
darn, someone beat me to it...

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: October 06, 2005 01:08AM
Posted by: Ethan
me too

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F1 World Grand Prix 3 League
P1 Motorsport B Pr04 AP - Lotus
#46 - Alex Reyes (VEN)

P1 Motorsport Team Official Website
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy