Tried some graphic updates on GPL

Posted by LS. 
Tried some graphic updates on GPL
Date: April 13, 2002 06:43PM
Posted by: LS.
i downloaded new sky textures and tack updates ( kerbing/trees/ sponsers etc )

this game is truely hard to master, i've seriously been playing it, trying to get consistant at it, and its very hard.

forget every other sim you've tried, this is the ultimate!!!

rather cool i might add,

what other 4 year old games look this good?????

Re: Tried some graphic updates on GPL
Date: April 13, 2002 06:44PM
Date: April 13, 2002 06:45PM

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: April 13, 2002 06:46PM
according to the people in the know :-) the sky textures have been lifted straight out of MS flightsim 2002

LS's Tip of the week
Date: April 13, 2002 06:56PM

LS's Tip of the week
Date: April 13, 2002 11:22PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all..

Fucken hell I have to get this game

Date: April 14, 2002 03:18AM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
Yes, this is the BEST racing sim ever made. I have it with a few updates and many new tracks. It can hold something like 64 tracks. It rocks.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: April 14, 2002 06:10AM
Posted by: downforce

Can you post a URL for where you got these updates LS?

Also, if you really want to upgrade GPL, I can highly recommend
getting an Active Labs GPL shifter. I got mine delivered last week
and it's fantastic!

Unfortunately, it adds another level of difficulty to an already
difficult sim :)

The top pic looks like Crowthorne (sp?) at Kyalami???
What tracks are the other pics from?

Check out Bathurst too if you haven't already - my home track, in a manner
of speaking :)

Cheers
-Nick

--
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
-David St. Hubbins
Date: April 14, 2002 08:35AM
G'day all..

Fucken hell I have to get this game

LOL!!!!!!

LS's Tip of the week
Date: April 14, 2002 09:19AM
Posted by: matthewp
yep its an awesome game, even completing a lap at the Nurburgring is a great feeling, no matter how shite it was!
Date: April 14, 2002 09:25AM
Posted by: _Alex_
You gave me the link to that graphics pack, LS, but I'm sure it can't have been the same one as you have - I don't like the one it, the Eagle looked the same as the one you have, but the Ferrari was really dodgy. It had transparent spokes on the steering wheel, and it's not a graphical bug - it's definitely intentional. It looked like acrylic plastic or something, with a dash of red paint on. I also think some of the cockpits looked almost too hi-res, and some of them don't fit in so well.

The Ultimate Grand Prix Legends carset is this one:

[www.jfcarsets.racesim.net]

Now I don't know if this is the one that you have LS? Here's a taster:

That is a serious masterpiece. I also have some great new carsounds from GPLEA.org. They're real samples so are totally authentic.

But LS is right, it is the greatest F1 sim. I haven't mastered it, but I've got past the stage where I find it hard. For the first few weeks it seems like you'll never be pointing the right way, then when it all falls into place, it's immense fun. Especially racing with others online.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: April 14, 2002 10:01AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Yeah having had the game for some time (3 and a bit years) im kinda past the oh, cant go over 30mph otherwise ill spin bit, but i havent played on it for ages and if you leave it for a long time without play, its like starting from the beginning again...hmmm

/me goes off to find gpl cd :D

Date: April 14, 2002 11:07AM
Posted by: Xero
I also have GPL... it is a good game, very difficult to master! I aint played it for about 8 months though! The shots Boba has posted look pretty decent... but it ain't no GP3 2000!!!

People say how realistic GPL is... nah, it has an arcady feel to it... unlike GP3 2000! I'm not saying it's a bad game, but when you have GP3 2000 sitting on your shelf, all GPL is good for is a coaster!!!

Please don't yell at me! :)

Xero
---------={X}=---------

Don't dis' GP4!
Date: April 14, 2002 11:10AM
Well i just had to install it and ermm it looks pretty good without the textures patches, and i found to be quite good, but i find it gets a bit boring after a while, doesnt have the..ermm.. rythum that gp3 has

Date: April 14, 2002 11:13AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

I personally find the game kinda boring, and thought it was stupid that the orgional out-of-the-box version only supported Voodoo cards. :S

GPl isnt realsitic but bit boring. Online racing is ok but i really dont like the game. In many cases (if your comp aint great) your braking before you can see the corner which in Nurburgring is just plain stupid.

Sorry, i dont like it, GP3 is much better.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 14, 2002 11:15AM
And just to show how good these graphics are without graphical updates, take a look at this, *me out-braking some bloke into the second or first bend at monza*

Date: April 14, 2002 11:55AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

I think GP3 looks just as good as that and i think GP3 is better to play too IMO

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 14, 2002 05:40PM
i think GP3 is better to play too IMO

sorry mate but i must disagree.

although both are different era's and game play, i thought that gp3 was the best racing sim around, but when you get to the inner workings of it, its fair to say that with a wheel theres a certain element of being on rails.

with GPL legends you can lose it on a straight if you dont set it up right going in to a corner.

the thing with gp3 is that coz of the amount of downforce created on the car its quite easy to drive, you only tend to encounter problems carrying too much speed in to a corner or out braking yourself.
with GPL the car is skitterish almost everywhere on hte track because of all that power being delivered through skinny tyres with out the downforce

at times its almost like rallying going through corners sideways

i'm a little bored with gp3 now that i have sampled F12001 and GPL and nascar 2002, even taking into account F1RC (with its crap physics) but with F1RC you can quite easily loose the car in a simple manner because of the speed/ grip results
gp3 as good as it is, is on rails compared to other sims and unless you give GPL the time and respect it deserves your never gonna really see its true potential

i tried it when i first bought it on budget over a year and half a go and did'nt rate it at all, i thought it was overrated and it was only until about 3 weeks ago that i sat down and looked at how i'd overlooked other sims in relation to gp3, that i thought i xhould give other sims a fair crack of the whip.

we tend to get in to a situation where its us gp3 fans against other F1 sim fans and argue over the different merits of each game and how its better than the rest.

i have changed my opinions about these since i devoted my time in a proper manner to these games, and am glad i did

other wise i might not have enjoyed GPL, nascar 2002, F12001 and instead just believed the propaganda from crammond that his particular series is the best.

having sampled all these other delights, i am hoping that GP4 plays differently to gp3, otherwise i maynot continue down the path of the crammond adventure.

thanks to all those people that bothered to read this thread all the way to bottom, its was long journey i know :-)

you never know, i could be morbid in disguise with my unfeasibly large post ;-)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: April 14, 2002 05:42PM
hmm it seemed longer when i was typing it, but still its a big post by my standards

LS's Tip of the week
Date: April 15, 2002 10:10AM
Ls and alex, you are using the FFBack patch arent you?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy