A really weird question...

Posted by MikaHalpinen 
A really weird question...
Date: April 12, 2002 06:01PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all..

Let's say, hypothetically, you and your friend were waiting at the local shopping centre on a monday night at about 10 30 waiting to be picked up after work, and, hypothetically, the car park had only 3 cars in it...and ur friend says "lets race trollies!".... And then proceeds to mark out a course full of hairpins, top speed corners and long straights....

Would you be better off pushing the trolly like an F1 car, or sliding it around like a rally car? I couldn't work out which way was more effective. (If i were to hypothetically have done this :P) And my friend was constantly getting faster lap times than me but that's cos he's beef, and he was powering down the straights.

Yeah so simple question, should I have pushed it like a rally car or an F1 car? (Hypothetically. :D)

Re: A really weird question...
Date: April 12, 2002 06:08PM
Posted by: Vader
Hypothetically ...
Well, as far as I recall this has something to do with horses, greek hyppo. The answer is simple: Don't push, do it like a hyppo, PULL it!

But maybe this is too weird ... hypothetically

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 12, 2002 06:15PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

slide it like a rally car, its faster than trying to be neat and tidy

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 12, 2002 06:44PM
G'day all..

Yeah that's what I was thinking. If the situation ever arises again, I'll be sure to do it that way!

Date: April 12, 2002 07:04PM
Hypothetically of course ...

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 12, 2002 08:33PM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
and this is hypothetically the weirdest topic i've ever seen :-D

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: April 12, 2002 08:45PM
Posted by: Xero
This is a serious topic!!!

You never know... you may be shopping when a guy challenges you to 3 laps round the drink section, past the dairy products and across the finish line located next to the uni-sex pampers shelf!

If you were to lose!!!!..... THE HUMILIATION!!!!!!!

Xero
---------={X}=---------

Don't dis' GP4!
Date: April 12, 2002 08:49PM
Posted by: Rupert
Great Topic Mike! You should slide them, that is the best way. I love doing it in the shop even, it is mighty fun!

Slide, slide, slide.

Ozzy
Date: April 12, 2002 09:14PM

Nuno, Nuno, Nino, you should have known better!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 12, 2002 09:16PM
This didn't work, so I'll try it this way:

Nuno, Nuno, Nino, you should have known better!
[http://people.freenet.de/netherworlds/country.jpg[/img]

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 12, 2002 09:17PM

Where is the edit feature???

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 12, 2002 09:26PM
see what you have done, Nuno? I told you:

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 12, 2002 11:16PM
G'day all..

I know this is a really weird topic, thus the subject title of it. But yeah, like Xero said, what if someone were to challenge you?? You'd need to be the better driver!

And Rupert, I do that too. I solely go to woolworths if mum asks me to come with her so i can push the trolley around :D

Date: April 13, 2002 02:04AM
Posted by: _Alex_
No no Mika, you have to look to the technical side of things here. Think about it - supermarket trolley's have an extremely rigid setup - similar to that of a Formula One car (so to speak). Rally cars have appropriate suspension movement, which aids the general driving style (i.e. sideways). You don't see Mr. Montoya approaching La Source, applying the handbrake, flicking the car sideways and powersliding around the corner do you? Of course not, because then those Michelins would only last the best part of a few laps. Now I'm under the impression that shopping trolley's have slick tyres - am I right? So if it's wet, forget it.

You're gonna have to drive these things like F1 cars - you'll be much quicker in the long run, and those Sainsbury's tyres will last a lot longer. They're not designed to be driven like rally cars.

And remember, these vehicles are much heavier at the back (much like an F1 car), so sliding it around will be slow. You'll have a nice pointy front end to hit all those apexes nicely.

So go for it Mika, I expect a race report at the end of the day ;-)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: April 13, 2002 02:07AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Adding a wing onto the trolley might help when you are going downhill into parking section A, but i always have grip problems around ther secdon last corner, the "haribo-chicane" is it my suspension???

Date: April 13, 2002 02:30AM
Posted by: mortal
Demolish the opposition with the 2002 trolley-shape ;-) Ideal for the hasty 7-11 getaway dash. [www.angelfire.com]

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 13, 2002 07:43AM
Posted by: Zcott
I personally think sliding is better. Although you need to have a good amount of upper body strength to hold those things. They'll naturally slide out (or at least the ones here do!), and so it's best to let them do that. It's probably a lot more difficult than holding it tight to the inside line, but the advantage of sliding is that you're pointing down the straight quicker than if you were to turn, and therefore can apply the power quicker...

Oh, man!
Date: April 13, 2002 08:24AM
Posted by: _Alex_
And remember it has four-wheel turning, which presents major slip-differential problems in terms of stability. You've got a real job on your hands Mike, but we're all behind you! Who will you race with?

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: April 13, 2002 06:46PM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
LOL Vader... ok, got it ;-D

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: April 13, 2002 11:20PM
G'day all..

If the situation ever arises again, I'll be racing with a chap I work with, at the wondeful world of Woolworths. It just so happens that he's kinda huge, so he's like a Williams and me a Minardi...that's why I need the technique right!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy