Is grand prix 3 your favourite game???

Posted by Beardless2 
Re: Is grand prix 3 your favourite game???
Date: February 11, 2002 07:33PM
Posted by: Ozzy_Eagle
SkAiFeY, GPL is a very different game to GP3, the graphics and physics engine are vast and different. GPL is all powerslides and burnouts, and GP3 is more sophisticated modern GP driving. Not saying that GP3 isnt a exiting game, but when I am in the mood for fun I give GPL a run, and it is fun!

My Top 5
1) GPL (just)
2) GP3
3) Half-Life (or any mods)
4) Links LS 2000, 2001, 2002
5) Empire Earth

Ozzy

Date: February 11, 2002 10:07PM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
yeah ok then.. eyah i guess i had fun wit gpl.. it seems impossible to win with keys though

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: February 12, 2002 03:17AM
Posted by: _Alex_
"But when I get my new system going" - Zcott

What's that now, system number 50?

:-)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: February 12, 2002 03:44PM
Posted by: Zcott
Pretty much, Alex! My bro is into buying and selling computers, and when he doesn't get parts fast enough, he pays me excessively to take them from mine :D

Soon I'll have the ultimate system!
Date: February 13, 2002 07:08AM
Posted by: Morbid
Beardless2!

I have made a little script for CS so that movements of my mousewheel changes the weapons immediately. Its pretty fast. Usually I actually get to draw my sidearm, and fire a few shots (and sometimes even win a duel that way), instead of the "Oh no! no ammo, now I am dead!"

It is very short. Shall I dig it up and post it?
Date: February 13, 2002 07:57AM
Posted by: Beardless2
plz, but i can change weapons with my wheel anyway, i was hoping to be able to bring the guns up atuomatically with the numbers without having to click the mouse

Date: February 13, 2002 08:15AM
If you can already change weapons with your mousewheel without the extra mouseclick, you will not need my "fastdraw"-script. And since it only works for the mousewheel, you definitely need something else for the "fastdraw" on the keyboard. This is what you need, if my memory serves my right:

Edit your config.cfg (with notepad or whatever) in your "cstrike" folder (Counterstrike folder if it is the retail edition). Add this sentence:

hud_fastswitch "1"

Remember to save and exit before you test it.

If you do not want to edit your files, then you can bring down the console, in game, by hitting the tilde key, and then you have to type:

hud_fastswitch 1

This should take effect the second you hit the enter key.

Either way Countersrike should remember this setting for future games, thus it is a one time configuration.
Date: February 13, 2002 08:21AM
thanx for the quick response dude, and it works :)

Date: February 13, 2002 08:22AM
Posted by: Vader
See Morbid the wise how he edits the game with his bare hands ...

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 13, 2002 08:28AM
Morbid,

Can i still have the mouse script for the game anyway cos i have some friends who would like to use it plz

Date: February 13, 2002 08:34AM
Okay, no prob.

We are still in the cstrike folder. Add these lines to the following files (important! Add the lines AFTER any "unbindall" commands, and the mousewheel may NOT be set for anything, before the script is added!)

config.cfg

bind "MWHEELDOWN" "+weapnext"
bind "MWHEELUP" "+weapprev"

autoexec.cfg

alias +weapnext "invnext;+attack;wait;-attack;"
alias -weapnext ""
alias +weapprev "invprev;+attack;wait;-attack;"
alias -weapprev ""

I also have a script for buying "armour" or "armour with helmet" with one keystroke, instead of navigating the whole buy menu. It saves about 3-5 secs of buying time, thus you are better prepared to rush the very second you can move.
Date: February 13, 2002 08:40AM
Yes I can edit some of the things in the game with my bare hands. If it was not for all the damn cheaters and trolls, that have infected that game, I would still be a clan-member. The CS community is one of the most awful (though there are bright stars to) that can be imagined.

L337 7@1K, pahhh!

Now I have reduced myself to only playing with people I really TRUST, and bots :(.

But I can still handle myself very well. I am current ly trying to defeat Joebots, and I am waiting with baited breath for the next release of Realbot.
Date: February 13, 2002 09:27AM
For bots i first used swat bot. Big mistake. Then i went onto teambot which was really good but i have found peace with podbot. Truly excellent. Thanx for the help morbid

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy