Is grand prix 3 your favourite game???

Posted by Beardless2 
Is grand prix 3 your favourite game???
Date: February 11, 2002 12:57PM
Posted by: Beardless2

Its obvious that we all like grand prix 3 as we are all in this forum. But, is grand prix 3 the game u most like and play most of the time?. I am an avid motor racing fan but i would say it is my third favourite behind the half-life games including counter-strike and commache 4.

Re: Is grand prix 3 your favourite game???
Date: February 11, 2002 01:10PM
Posted by: Vader
I could do with Half-Life. I enjoyed Undying and Wolfenstein. I also like old-school adventures (I play Day of the Tentacle every now and again). I like some (I must admit rather senseless) roleplaying games of the Might and Magic Series. But if all is said and done I always return to Gp3. I guess that makes it my current all-time favourite (isn't that a contradiction in itself, "current all-time favourite"? Hmm)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 11, 2002 02:00PM
Posted by: _Alex_
YES - on the PC

My fav. PC games:

1) Grand Prix 3
2) Half-Life: Counter-Strike
3) Medal Of Honour
4) Grand Prix Legends
5) Max Payne

"isn't that a contradiction in itself"

Not necessarily - although you might have worded it better - more like "currently my all-time favourite". I say this because in a few months, Gp4 might be your all-time favourite, therefore what you're saying is not necessarily a contradiction :)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: February 11, 2002 02:38PM
Posted by: Chris Burkitt
Alex how did you get medal of honor? Its out this friday?
Mine would be

1.Gp3 / maybe medal of honour:allied assault when it comes out!

2.Day of defeat (WWII addon for half-life, "mod of the year" - Pc Gamer)

3. Counter-strike

4. Operation flashpoint / GPL

5.Midtown Madness 2

Date: February 11, 2002 02:41PM
Posted by: Owain_Shaw
Fave Games

1)GPL
2)GP3
3)GT3 With mates
=)THPS3 With mates
5)F355 au l'arcade avec mes amis. (in the arcade with my friends, for those who dont speak french.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cold today"
"Nope"

A winter day conversation with Katherine Uphill
Date: February 11, 2002 02:46PM
Posted by: _Alex_
"Alex how did you get medal of honor?"

I haven't got the game - but I doubt that in the time between releasing the demo and releasing the game they'll have really badly screwed up the code and the game will be nothing like on the demo discs! I'm confident it will kick ass, if the demo is anything to go by!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: February 11, 2002 02:47PM
Chris,

I have not played the WW2 mod for half-life, where can i get my hands on it?

1) Half-life and Counter-strike
2) Commanche 4
3) Grand prix 3 2000
4) Return to Castle Woftenstein
5) X-wing Alliance

and other great games that deserve a mention and colin mcrae 2, the command & conquer series and unreal tournament

Date: February 11, 2002 03:02PM
Posted by: sega
my top 4

1. Grand Prix 3
2. EA Fifa (since '94)
3. TOCA 2
4. SimCity

Saludos desde Colombia.
Date: February 11, 2002 03:05PM
dont worry chris i have found it, downloading at 730 kb/sec :)

Date: February 11, 2002 03:11PM
It takes a bit of getting used to. Make sure that it is DoD 2.0 that you are downoading, it was recently released (last friday) and you might be d/l the older version (dod 1.3)

Date: February 11, 2002 03:31PM
Yeah got version 2.0. One strange thing tho, whenever i change the controls and exit the game, when i restart the game later the controls are put back to default. Does this happen to you? it doesn't happen to counter-strike or opposing force etc

Date: February 11, 2002 03:33PM
Well i just sort of learnt to live with the controls, which ones dod you want to change? wasd?

Date: February 11, 2002 03:38PM
Alex - As the ppl in America and Africa and Asia and every othe bloody place except England already have the game (since 22 january) , from what i have heard (forums e.t.c.) it is the same kind of gameplay as the demo :D . And really, really amazing!!!!! Especially the multiplayer side.

PC GAMER gave it 95% :D

Cant wait for Friday

Date: February 11, 2002 03:41PM
aha fixed it. dont know what was going on. i like all games to have similar controls (half-life, c/s, unreal tourn , RTCW) otherwise i get confused and end up crouching or something instead of throwing a grenade etc

btw, there is lots and lots and lots of recoil on the machine guns, anyway to stop it or is it supposed to be like that

Date: February 11, 2002 03:57PM
yeah, ts a new thing that is being implemented in most new games. I promise you, you get used to it quickerly

If you mean the real machine-gun (e.g. eg42) then you can only relly fire properly if you deploy it (by going prone and left clicking) or finding somewhere whewre you can deploy it in the maps (on top of sandbags e.t.c.). A little icon appears if you are in a place where you can deploy the machine gun still standing.

With other weapons, you get used to the recoils after a few days of playing. You reduce it a bit by crouching and going prone

Hope this helps

Date: February 11, 2002 04:00PM
One more quickie, with c/s, when i want to change gun i just click the number (2 say for the pistol) and the guns comes up while with this i have to click the mouse to make the gun come up after pressing the number, do u know if there is a way to change this?

Date: February 11, 2002 04:53PM
Posted by: LS.
(1) GP3
(2) Fifa 2002
(3)return to castle wolfenstein
(4) aliens vs predator 2
(5) any of the monkey island saga
(6) microsoft flight simultor 2002 pro
(7) Links LS (hey ;-)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: February 11, 2002 04:56PM
Posted by: Zcott
I have different games for different moods, lol. But when I get my new system going, I'll be gaming a lot more. For now, though, it's a toss-up between GP3-2000, HL, and CS!
Date: February 11, 2002 05:02PM
Posted by: Habi
I really can't say exactly which game is my fav., just like Zcott says when i feel like i wanna kill someone, i will play Wolfenstein. If i want to have some fun, i will do some crashes in GP3 ..... :) :p

Date: February 11, 2002 07:12PM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
how is gpl better than gp3?

yeah gp3 2k is best game on ere

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy