*1970 MOD CARSET RELEASED **************

Posted by purpleRacer 
Re: *1970 MOD CARSET RELEASED **************
Date: August 26, 2005 08:36PM
Posted by: purpleRacer
@ jackiMatra. Yes. In the next Carset for the 1970, Jochen Rindt is in the white helmet. I´m thinking to publish the carsets in separet parts (helmets, carskins, wheels, etc) and the user download the graphic wanted.( and this is useful for the GP3 2000 drivers :)).

@Roberto

Thanks!. Hey Roberto, can you contact me please? at ferporcel@hotmail.com Thanks again.
Date: August 26, 2005 09:53PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
"From what I know is that Rindt was putting in amazing laps to gain on Brabham at the 1970 Monaco GP
THen on the last lap, before the old Gasworks hairpin, Brabham lapped Piers Courage with Rindt close behind.
But then Brabham missed his braking point and went into the haybales (armco barriers in those days at Monaco) and Rindt went in for the win.
Must be amazing in those days"

Jack Brabham told a slightly different story.
He claimed that in going to overtake the backmarker his departure from the usual racing line brought him onto some oil on the track and that is what caused him to go into the haybales.

My upcoming (already completed but waiting to appear in the GrandPrixGames.org download section) set of 1970 F1 menu backgrounds includes two rare photographs of this particular little bit of F1 history.

I quite vividly remember watching this race on television way back then, as it was the first (and only, until the year 2000) Formula One race that I ever saw.

Date: August 26, 2005 10:00PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
"I´m thinking to publish the carsets in separet parts (helmets, carskins, wheels, etc) and the user download the graphic wanted.( and this is useful for the GP3 2000 drivers"

Having them as GP3Edit files makes it very easy for GP3 users (who seem to mostly be the ones that are interested in "historical" seasons, as it is GP3 that has the overwhelming number of "historical" cars and carsets, etc.), while the individual files in a GP3Edit file are easily extractable for use in GP3-2k.
Date: August 27, 2005 07:06AM
Posted by: purpleRacer
@jackiMatra

Yes, you are right. I´m take your advice :)
Date: August 28, 2005 07:06PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Yes, that is probably the best idea. I am a 2k player primarily, but should you release the work in a GP3Edit file then I would be happy to take the time converting to 2k for my own use. Gotta look after the majority. :)

Good luck with the whole 1970 works.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: August 28, 2005 07:40PM
Posted by: MajorTom
Hi Fernando,

yes great job. I would really also like it for 2k. So if somebody converts it...let me know.
Tom
Date: December 19, 2005 10:00PM
Posted by: Zieli
Hi fernando,

any progress with your project?
when will we see the next fantastic 1970 MOD track?

Zieli
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy