17 tracks only 16 places :(

Posted by powerfang 
17 tracks only 16 places :(
Date: April 09, 2002 10:24AM
Posted by: powerfang
ive just gotten hold of gp3 and i thought i'd update it to the 2002 season and i have done so successfully until now i have updated the carsets, artwork,even the pitboxes and tyres but i have just started to update the tracks and im using the GPxPatch and in the tracks option in it theres 16 spaces for you to place tracks but looking at the calender theres actually 17 tracks does anybody know how to input sepand track as ive no clue :S any advice would be a help thanx
Re: 17 tracks only 16 places :(
Date: April 09, 2002 10:31AM
Posted by: Zcott
Unfortunately we can't add extra tracks into the game :-(
Date: April 09, 2002 11:07AM
Posted by: powerfang
:';( no prbs man so im just gonna have to drop a track i dont like hhmmmm <the mind begins to ponder>

thanx for the info
Date: April 09, 2002 11:19AM
Posted by: chris
HUNGARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(or San Marino- personal worst track)

Chris J
Date: April 09, 2002 11:26AM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
if you use the Paddock Champ program to manage your season results, then you'll be able to do a 17 races championship, or even 30 if you want ;-)

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: April 09, 2002 11:28AM
Posted by: bazza
You can have 17 tracks in GP3-2000, I got it last week for only £9.99, it's worth it.

Bazza

Date: April 09, 2002 12:21PM
Posted by: matt
if you are using gpxpatch and playing a championship in gp3 v1.13 just start with the first 16 tracks (australia-usa)then when you finish round 16 just replace usa with japan in gpx track and as the above thread says use paddock champ to work out the final standings
Date: April 09, 2002 03:01PM
Posted by: Pako
Just drop Hungary.... crap anyway!
Date: April 09, 2002 05:16PM
Posted by: Xero
WHAT!?!?!?! IMOLA IS CLASS CIRCUIT!!!!!! WHAT YOU ON ABOUT?!?

Xero
---------={}=---------

Don't dis' GP4!
Date: April 10, 2002 06:00AM
Posted by: chris
It WAS great, but those damn chicanes ruin it in my view.

Chris J
Date: April 10, 2002 08:29AM
Posted by: Vader
Lord Vader, the senior, took a deep breath, so that the incomming air made a whistling noise while passing his evenly spread ebony-white teeth. He had heard it all before. With suprising agility that belied his age - he had just celebrated his seventyfourth birthday - he crossed the great room that his forefathers found fit to use as a libary. His feet, in their silken slippers, did hardly make any noise on the old, very expensive oriental carpets that covered the stony floor of the old family castle of the time-honoured and patriachal line of the Lords of Vader. Arriving at one of the old oaken shelfs, he stopped for a moment and took a sip from the french cut glass snifter he held in his hand. With eyes like a hawk - despite his age he was not in need of any artifiacial "seeing-aid" - he was looking for a special book. It did not take long until he found what he was looking for. With a content smile on his aritrocratic face he opened the book and went through it. After a while he found a page that showed a picture of the famous Formula One circuit at Imola which hosted the San Marino Grand Prix. Knowing that he might start another controversial discussion, Lord Vader quietly said to himself, 'If these damn chicanes would have been there a year earlier, Senna could still be alive'

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 11, 2002 01:56AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all..

Interesting point, Vader. But how far should they go to prevent tragedies like that... justifying to the fans why they've taken speed out of Formula 1 for driver's safety is not something that would be easy. Just look at the uproar over the revised Germany. Admmitedly there were other reasons behind the change but still anything that slows down the speed of a circuit will not go over with the fans, which is perhaps naive of them if they're not taking into consideration safety.

Date: April 12, 2002 12:44PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

'If these damn chicanes would have been there a year earlier, Senna could still be alive'

I dont think so.

Read Damon Hills book. Schumacher says that Sennas car was bottoming out in several places on the track, and it bottomed out at Tamburello and he went off. It was because of low tyre pressures this happened as the cars had be been behind the saftey car cos of an accident at the start line.

So we could blame the drivers in the accident? We could blame Williams for the car too low? we could blame the FIA for putting out the saftey car rather than stopping the race. We could blame the Imola circuit people for having a bumpy track. We could blame Schumacher/ Hill fior pressuring Senna to drive that fast

Take you pick, who is it gona be here?

They also took two chinanes OUT of Imola didnt they? Em, where Aqua Minerali is now was a tight chicane after a fast downhill section and where Barrichello took off there used to be a chicane (just before the last corner). I think its better like this, more of a challenge to to take decently fast chicanes rather than an easy flat corner. Chicanes can be ok, if they are denctly fast like Imola, where they are not ok is places like the Bus Stop and Germeny where they are simply to slow and boring.

Mika, i like the new Germany. Brundel said it was actaully "boring" on that track cos of the long strights and i agree. Stright, Chicane, Stirght, Chicane, stright........yippe. Wehres the excitment in that? the proper racing is at places like Belgium where you see driver skill, not in Germeny where you slow down, go through a crappy chicane and speed up again. Fun? Not really.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 12, 2002 12:51PM
Posted by: LS.
i agree with you 100% about imola

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: April 12, 2002 01:06PM
Yo Sup

Oh, we could also blame goodyear for having tyres that sag too much on low pressure. We could blame the fans for chearing on Senna to go faster?

Come on, who we gona blame for it then? Theres an endless list of people. The FIA cos the rules allowed the car to be to low? The people that laid the gravel? The people that thoguth up the track layout? The people who placed the tyres? Cos everyones saying 1 or 2 degress either way and seen could have lived, so we could blame the people who put the tyres down cos if they placed them differently senna wuld be here.

Where he crashed is irrelevent, he could have done it at a chicane, like Barrichello did, chicane, no chicane makes no difference, he crashed and UNLUCKLY he was killed. If there was a chicane there no reason why he wouldnt have bottomed out somewhere else and died

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 12, 2002 01:27PM
Posted by: LS.
if the freak accident of the suspension arm piercing senna helmet had not happened then i expect that the layout of the imola circuit would'nt have changed.

look at bergers bad crash in 89 at the very same corner, he was in the ferrari for what seemed liked an age, and it was on fire as well.

yet there was no call for drastic action for the circuit to be changed then

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: April 12, 2002 01:34PM
Yo Sup

Both dangerous and unlcuky accidents. Eau Rouge wasnt changed after the BARS crashed, but prob would have in they had been hurt

Stowe wasnt changed since MS crashed. Blachimon hasnt changed since Burtis crashed

Date: April 12, 2002 05:38PM
I doubt Senna would have crashed at Imola if the chicanes were there. The current track layout demands a lot more downforce. And I know Damon said the car was bottoming, but the bottom line is that with more downforce required, he wouldn't have been going as fast. And then I suspect he would have been able to slow down better because he would already be going slower, etc. Let's say the steering fails 200 metres before Tamburello. He would brake, turn into the corner, at about 100mph, go straight into the gravel, and stop there. End of race, without even hitting a wall.

Blame? No one. It was a freak accident.

The new Hockenheim is a shame for F1. Will it really be more exciting? Isn't going at 220mph exciting enough? Maybe it's more exciting in real life than in a game. But the new track is basically straight, wee curve, fiddly bit, hairpin, stadium. Probably about 70 times. The joy of Hockenheim is that it's a real test for the drivers and the machinery. See who can brake latest into the chicanes from 200mph. See whether the engines can take the strain. You can get a tow, and overtake there. It's a racing circuit, a very fast one. The 2000 race was hardly dull, was it? The '98 race was a great show. Hockenheim is one of the last tracks of the previous generations.

I'm quite embarrassed by the new Hockenheim circuit. I think it's a real loss for F1. If they were to change Monza as well, I'd be very disappointed. But they probably will. They won't need engines as powerful anymore. F1 could slow down, and just not be the same.

Circuit design.

It's not really the same these days. The tracks are all the same. They have no character, no feel to them. They're manufactured moreso than in previous times, and they're all created by the same guys (Herman Tilke GmbH). So they're all similar. Accelerate. Brake, hairpin. Accelerate, brake, chicance. Accelerate, fastish corner, brake, hairpin. Repeat ad nauseum. I find much more fun in driving less laps on a longer circuit than more laps on a shorter circuit. I'd rather do 2 races at Monza than one race at Sepang. I'd rather drive 77 laps of Suzuka than 77 laps of the Hungaroring.

Don't you think that it's time to open up a little, in terms of circuit design? You can do anything with enough runoff, so why not create a brilliant track that's great for the drivers and also for the fans. It works for Suzuka, but yet the track designers insist on creating clinical, sterile, but fan-friendly tracks like Sepang. It looks great, and for the fans it's fantastic (excuse the bad pun). But it's not the best track in the world. In fact, I rather dislike it. It's very wide. I don't get such a great impression of speed.

And I haven't mentioned Indianapolis yet!

I don't understand why the drivers don't do something about the current state of the tracks. Maybe they're all used to them, but I find a lot of them amazingly dull.

F1 wants to succeed in America. I can understand that. They're using part of the Indianapolis oval. Great idea, I can understand that. The infield section is so slow and twisty that you'd be faster cycling around it. I don't understand that. Why, if F1 wants to succeed in America, is it using a tight, twisty, unrewarding, unexciting track? Americans like their cars to go fast, hence the superspeedways like Michigan and Fontana. Indianapolis is fast, but only if you can only see the third sector of the track. That's fast. Why not move the grand prix to a real driver's track like Elkhart Lake, or Laguna Seca? Those places are good for the fans, but also great for the drivers. Places like that promote good racing. Good tracks equal good racing. At good tracks, demanding tracks, you really see who is boss. Isn't it much more exciting to see who doesn't lift through Eau Rouge than to see who can brake from 70mph into yet another hairpin? I'm not saying we need a circuit of Eau Rouges, but merely a circuit which has more fast corners than slow ones. Spa is a great example of that. Let's hope they don't want to start changing that.

Imola post-1994 doesn't have the same flat out feel as the old one. Pre-94, it was a fantastic, sweeping, demanding track. There was risk. There was danger. There was speed. And yes, there were accidents. I can understand the FIA wanting to take out a lot of the danger, but let's not get silly. F1 is all about being a dangerous sport.

There is nothing wrong with the current safety aspects of the cars. There is nothing wrong with the current state of the tracks in the "incorrect" sense of the word "wrong". However, I feel circuit design has gone way overboard post-1994. The Moscow F1 track is much the same - a lot of "action" in a tight space. That doesn't work. There's plenty of corners in not a lot of space. That doesn't always make for great racing.

If I were a country wanting to hold a race, I'd be on the phone to John Hugenholtz, circuit designer of Suzuka. That would be a great way to secure a race.
Date: April 12, 2002 05:43PM
Fear me, MEGAPOST-MAN!

:P
Date: April 12, 2002 06:05PM
Posted by: Vader
Ou will probably never see A F1 car racing on a CART track and vice versa maybe even visa verce or vica versi, according to your taste. If you all follow me between the next parenthesis, I will tell you why {Busloads of readers swarm into the parenthesis, look around amazed, wonder why the entrance is for free. 'Welcome, please do not take pictures in here, happy to recieve a free donation at the exit' (Both sides fear competition) There you have it. Thank you for visiting the parenthesis.}

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy