Updating my old spec - 1998>>2005

Posted by mr_maniac 
Updating my old spec - 1998>>2005
Date: August 01, 2005 04:09PM
Posted by: mr_maniac
I have got GP3 1998 season, have got GP3edit and GPxPatch also

Have updated all the cars, drivers and abilities to 2005-spec, including helmets. but I haven't yet managed to change the following:

* The cockpits - help! Currently we have Mclaren cars but when the camera switches to the cockpit we have Jordans! This is simply because I havent yet changed the cockpits, but dont know where to get 05 spec from

* The tracks - there must be a way of changing them so i no longer have to put up with driving the a1-ring (1 lap of Spa is worth 10 of that blasted place!)

* There is obviously one spare team left from the original line-up of 11 teams and 22 drivers, so I need car design, helmet design, cockpit design etc. for this one team, as I have intentions of creating my own little team there. Help needed here.

Thanks in advance

mr_maniac
Re: Updating my old spec - 1998>>2005
Date: August 01, 2005 06:30PM
A further addition to the previous post

I am having real problems playing my hot-laps at the moment. It finds the files ok but as soon as i attempt to play them, the thing just shuts down totally - no error message, just complete program termination

This is very annoying, please help if you can

Date: August 01, 2005 06:46PM
Posted by: Briere
Date: August 01, 2005 07:02PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
I have been using 2004 cockpits as I have yet to stumble across a 2005 cockpit set. Only problem is Red Bull but I ain't fussy so I just use Jaguar anyway. See the 'Season Packages' section of the downloads page.

Tracks are available from various websites including this one, although few, if any 2005 spec tracks have been released that are compatible with GP3 1.13 (other than the Belini couple of tracks that work). Still, there are enough 1999-2004 tracks to keep you happy for many hours, and a host of non-F1 tracks too. Installation instructions are included in the readme file inside the download in all cases.

You didn't mention GPxPatch. Get it!

As for the 11th team - most carsets released since the F1 field dropped to 20 cars already contains a fictional or lower formula team. If you wan't to create your own design then go ahead. It takes a bit of work if you are new to carpainting, but it's worth the effort. There are blank car/cockpit/helmet templates available from the downloads section on this site.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: August 01, 2005 07:56PM
Posted by: SuperSonic
ThereĀ“s a 2005 carset in season packages... it is under GP4 section by mistake.
Date: August 01, 2005 09:52PM
Thanks everyone for the help

Will sort the carset thing in time... thanks for the advice. I have temporarily decided to have the 1995 (i think) Lola car design! Will probably change later

I DID mention GPxPatch! Of course I have that.

And as for whoever said "XP" when I mentioned difficulty with viewing Hot Laps, of course it's god damn XP! But how do I fix it?

mr_maniac
Date: August 02, 2005 12:30AM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Sadly you don't. :(

Sorry, missed the GPxPatch part in your first post. :)

Once you have the tracks you want I would suggest reading up a little about magic data. Should get plenty of results from the 'Search' function here, and the advice will help make the tracks act as they should in the game once you have the installed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: August 02, 2005 11:07PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Get jamtool2000 as well, because sooner or later you will need to change the jam ids
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy