IMOLA Laptimes leaderboard, submit your times...

Posted by Rainey 
i cant remember now.......... it was something like a .78 or .79 or something....

Re: IMOLA Laptimes leaderboard, submit your times...
Date: April 15, 2002 12:15AM
Posted by: jkronin
1:26.017
Date: April 15, 2002 12:31AM
with keyboard
Date: April 15, 2002 02:38AM
Posted by: andy..
rainey,

i have reinstalled GP3 and 1.13 patch, i have now managed a 1m24.694

with keyboard, autogears and TC

i will send you the hotlap as well, all should be OK, as it is 1.13 for sure.

cheers
andy

if at first you don't succeed, try again, then.... give up
Date: April 15, 2002 03:59AM
that is lightning quick FFS!

Ill try your setup and try to kick your ass. P)
Date: April 15, 2002 05:24AM
you can try... i had a great last sector, sector 1 and 2 weren't so great... good but not great...

Game On! : )
Date: April 15, 2002 06:26AM
Posted by: Rainey
Got it. Thanks man. :)
Leaderboard Revision #2
Date: April 15, 2002 06:32AM
Imola - San Marino

Analogue
1.) Rainey - 1:27.962

Keyboard
1.) -Chris- - 1:24.153
2.) Andy East - 1:24.694
3.) Jacques - 1:26.017
4.) David West - 1:28.247

We've got a good battle for top spot in the keyboards, but only me for the Analogue racers, keep em coming guys.
Date: April 15, 2002 08:11AM
Posted by: Vader
Which steering wheel setups do you use? Changing the values for "steering help" "lock" "dead zone", etc, under "options/steering/advanced" can have a huge influence on your times, since it determines how stable the car is when accelerating out of corner, etc. You should agree on synchronized setings there as well, unless you cannot really compare anything.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 15, 2002 09:07AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
ermm, im not using keyboard, im using steering wheel

Re: Leaderboard Revision #2
Date: April 15, 2002 10:04AM
Posted by: W1lliams
Rainey wrote:
>
> Imola - San Marino
>
> Analogue
> 1.) Rainey - 1:27.962
>
> Keyboard
> 1.) -Chris- - 1:24.153
> 2.) Andy East - 1:24.694
> 3.) Jacques - 1:26.017
> 4.) David West - 1:28.247
>
>
> We've got a good battle for top spot in the keyboards, but
> only me for the Analogue racers, keep em coming guys.

You extracting the urine?

:p

I'll be back tomorrow with a new time, I have been inspired after watching the GP on Sunday, I'll be using the Ferrari!

David ;-)

[groups.yahoo.com]
Re: Leaderboard Revision #2
Date: April 15, 2002 02:55PM
Posted by: W1lliams
1m 26.624

Getting closer, like a glacier moving down a mountain!

David ;-)

[groups.yahoo.com]
Date: April 15, 2002 11:11PM
Got it, sorry Chris.

BTW I tryed your Gullibility Test. Damn it, I failed!
Date: April 16, 2002 12:32AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Ah is the link to it dead? Ok its fixed now, thnx rainy ;)

Date: April 16, 2002 08:15AM
LOL! Very funny!
Date: April 16, 2002 09:13AM
Posted by: Zaahir
okay, i got 1:24.719 (wheel), but i dont wanna improve. i have fallen in love with wet weather racing!!!!!! thats where the true skillful drivers ride...
Date: April 16, 2002 09:20AM
and that is the worst setup i have seen. the rear wing angle should be one degree above, or equal to front wing angle. its laws of physics. same with ride height. spring setup have to be SO MINUTELY changed because it is so unstable, u get hectic under/oversteer with just a small setting. pls guys, lets get real. we should be tweaking the default setting by just A LITTLE bit. thats the way to get the best setup.
Date: April 16, 2002 09:37AM
it all depends on how good the default setting is : )

if at first you don't succeed, try again, then.... give up
Date: April 16, 2002 09:44AM
I'm a dud at setting up my car, I fiddled with a few things and managed to get a couple of seconds out of the default setting, but I don't understand what reaction adjusting the dampers and roll for example will have to my final times, etc...
Date: April 17, 2002 12:22AM
i did a 1:23.880 yesterday. all i do for car setups is be simple. first i look at the track, and see what i need(top speed, or good grip). at a track like imola, u obviously need good grip. so u experiment with wing angles at about 13/14/15 degrees. then u go out onto the track and watch your gears. then change your gear ratios so that it revs high (but not too high to benefit from sstream in the race) in 6th gear, and judge where u need good acceleration. u can gain a lot of time by accel. out of the hairpin, since u judged it was very unstable in that corner. so u lower your first 2 gears to suit betta accel, then u adjust the rest of the gears so that it is smooth sailing to the sixth gear ratio that u chose. go back onto the track and practise braking late. this will show u whether u have under/oversteer, while also giving u track practise at braking late. then u analyse what felt wrong. for example, if u felt that it was understeering a bit and was very unstable when riding kerbs, then u soften the springs at the front by one increment (i dont know how large it is). u go out, and it seems problem solved, but now u are understeering into the corner and oversteering out of it. then u think "holy @!#$ what the f@# do i do now" (haha). to counter the out-of-corner problems, soften the rear anti-roll bar. if u are still understeering, THEN ONLY NOW do u change the braking ratios (ie move 1 or 2 increments to the rear if understeering).

this should be all that u change (oh yeah, also raise the ride height - front and rear - by one mm). if the car still doesnt feel good, dont mess with the other things, just try and get it right with the basic stuff. this is because u shouldnt rely on car setups to get u fastest times. THE DRIVER does that, and a good driver gets on top of the leaderboard by adjusting his driving style to the car setup, not the other way round.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy