IMOLA Laptimes leaderboard, submit your times...

Posted by Rainey 
Re: IMOLA Laptimes leaderboard, submit your times...
Date: April 09, 2002 06:12AM
Posted by: andy..
doesn't version 1.00 let you ride on the grass?

when i patched mine to v1.13 i couldn't use the grass at all

true/false?

if at first you don't succeed, try again, then.... give up
Date: April 09, 2002 06:33AM
Posted by: Rainey
Andy, I'm categorising the Keyboarders seperately from the Analogue drivers, simply because it is a whole different kettle of fish. As for traction control, I guess the Keyboarders may use it because I presume it is near impossible without it.

Zaahir, how the hell do you get 1m 21s??? By the looks of things it only seems possible to do around 1m 26s unless you find an exploit in the track and your setup is PERFECT. Are you using the keyboard or an analogue controller?

NOW that we have keyboarders going, make sure you state what kind of controller you are using otherwise this aint gonna work! :)
Date: April 09, 2002 06:53AM
Posted by: Zcott
i prefer setting times in qualifying because I have this idea that the car is faster plus the tyres better.

Yes, it's true. But you've only got 12 laps, including in and out laps. And it's sort of cheating. It's best to do laps in Free Practice.
Date: April 09, 2002 09:04AM
Posted by: jkronin
cheating? how the F? records of fast laps in Freaking real life is done during qualifying.

anyway i know only 12 laps , so you just exit and re-enter.

btw, I only do my fast laps in free practise anyway :)
Date: April 09, 2002 09:29AM
Posted by: Zaahir
no, no, no. u cant do times in qualifying. the basic 'cheat' is slipstream, but there are a couple other factors with other cars on track that help.

rainey: obviously i use steering wheel :) but i cant remember wat i did to get 1m23.1. i cant even remember the track itself because i played it so long ago. i think gp3v1.00 does allow u to use the grass more than gp3v1.13, but every track i've retried, i've improved by 1sec or so. maybe not this time, seeing u other guys' laptimes. oh well, i guess i'll only find out later on in the week. me got som learning ta do :(
Date: April 09, 2002 09:32AM
well, f1montoya should be doing similar laptimes to me i guess. he was only 2tenths down on my melbourne time.
with keyboard i got 1:21:945 with default settings.

Date: April 09, 2002 10:10AM
Posted by: chris
Some of these times seem unbelieveably fast...no offence meant to those with fast times, but we need somewhere to upload the laps to, so anyone can download them and check...

otherwise I got a 1:15.4 earlier. Once again, I'm not saying anyone is lying.

Chris J
Date: April 09, 2002 10:28AM
Posted by: Zcott
Date: April 09, 2002 10:46AM
jordangp2001: 1m21.945 - can i have your set-up please : )

seriuosly though... that is some 4 seconds faster than my time so far, and about 2 seconds faster than a time i have been chasing from another website

did you set it in v1.13 with everything (absolutley everything) set as default. that is a stonkin' time if you did!

Date: April 09, 2002 11:49PM
Yeah, just tell me when you've done a time you want to submit, and remember to get that Hotlap Replay saved, cause I wanna see how she's done. :)
Date: April 09, 2002 11:57PM
Zcott, will that work for GP3 v1.13?

But yes these times are extremely quick, I know most of you guys are using the keyboard with the fast times, and the keyboard does let you bounce through/over a fair few of the curbs, but still it doesn't seem possible to get a sub 24 second lap at Imola even with a perfect lap unless you have changed something drastic.
Date: April 09, 2002 11:59PM
oh for #@% sakes. this times issue is getting ridiculous.

i couldnt take it anymore, and played gp3 yesterday, and got 1:24.9. very scrappy lap though (my braking points arent definite, etc, etc). but the thing i noticed is how u can take shortcuts. especially on that chicane. i'm pretty sure i got 1:23.1 by TOTALLY cutting that chicane, so i think we should add a rule.

i think the added rule should be that AT LEAST TWO tyres need to be on the road at ALL times. otherwise...................SCREW YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also, there are some cheats around that make the game 'slower' (u can see it visibly, and if u look at the seconds counting, u DEFINITELY know that somethings up. i havnt played the game in a while, so i'm sure there are other cheats around.

i think melbourne was a cheat/lying free experience, but now it seems ppl with no skill whatsoever find themselves getting fastest laptimes, and they get some pathetic pleasure in thinking they're the greatest, when the damn nerds cant even judge whether they're in 5th gear in a hairpin or driving backwards over the finish line.
Date: April 10, 2002 12:08AM
Yeah, its hard to keep this in order, I'm going to have to start collecting some of these replays. All I know for sure is that I am not cheating. :)

I drive with all four wheels on the tarmac, unless I make a mistake of course, I do put the wheels on the curbs when it is safe to do so, and I quite often get wheelspin when I'm pushing hard. If anyone wants to watch my best hotlap, post your #ICQ here.
Date: April 10, 2002 12:13AM
why dont u send it to ur email addy rather(by clicking on the guys name). check ye mail tackerrainey haha
Date: April 10, 2002 12:18AM
Ok, I'll check, I don't even use hotmail anymore, I just put a hotmail address as my email for things like this, so that I don't get spam emails in my proper address. :)
Date: April 10, 2002 04:52AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

not much of a leaderboard. with all these weird times floating around, whats going on?? how are we gonna sort this out?
Date: April 10, 2002 05:03AM
PLEASSSSSSSSEEEEEEE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS NOT TALK ABOUT GP3-2000 HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR GOD'S SAKES ONLY GP3v1.13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYTHING ELSE JUST SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm sick of this confusion of 1:19s in gp3-2000 and 1:twentysomethings in v1.13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST READ THE BLOODY RULES GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you.
Date: April 10, 2002 05:25AM
Posted by: jkronin
relax brother.

ok so i started last night with imola.

gp3 1.13, Keyboard = 1:28.6

@!#$ hey? I ll get faster tonight.
Date: April 10, 2002 05:42AM
Rainey

using a keyboard, with auto gears and Traction Control,

1m26.091

and this time i saved it so if you would like confirmation then please ask.

andy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy