slight problem with CarEditor

Posted by theo 
slight problem with CarEditor
Date: June 14, 2005 12:11AM
Posted by: theo
Hello,

I've been tinkering with Grand Prix 3 and in particular the Carshapes using CarEditor by Paul Hoad. I've made a new shape but when I go to export it to the game it gives me the procedure i am used to - "Finished patching GP3.exe..." but then it gives me "Do you want advanced exporting!..." (Dont really know what it means...)

But anyway when i go to run the game it will not get past the intro movie. Even if i try to put the default shape back in the game wont have any of it - its corrupted. Can anyone help me with this?

I'm using a decrypted (i think) GP3.exe that runs without the disk (the download link i used was "Decrypted GP3 V 1.13 No CD Patch" in the patches section of this website - if that has something to do with it.

Anyway any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Theo
Re: slight problem with CarEditor
Date: June 14, 2005 11:52AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
advanced editing basically means cockpit, wheels, helmet and sommet else are exported into the game

cant help you with the carshape problem tho, sorry.

FEw troubleshooters:

1. make sure u've installed the v1.13 official patch (seeing as you have the corresponding no cd patch)

2. It probably has something to do with the wheels and "advanced exporting" that is causing your crash, did u create your own wheels for the car?
Date: June 14, 2005 01:08PM
i hadnt made anything like wheels or stuff like that - but i clicked "yes" when it asked for advanced exporting - maybe i should try again with a fresh install and select "no".

So i need the official 1.13 patch too - right will have a look

Thanks
Date: June 14, 2005 03:34PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
yeah you need that and its on this site

and yeah try clicking no ;-)
Date: June 14, 2005 05:15PM
sadly the same problem develops...

i use the official patch - which leaves me having to run with the CD - so the carshapes and carsets are left to the GP3 default. However when I replace the GP3.exe with the no-CD patch so I can run it without the disk, the game crashes once I try and export a new carshape.
Date: June 14, 2005 05:46PM
Posted by: Sapo
I had the same problem, so now i export the carshape using gpxpatch, that works al lot better (for me).
Date: June 14, 2005 07:03PM
Posted by: SuperSonic
You can use helmet and cockpit shapes with GPxPatch too. See GPxSet Help file for info :)
Date: June 16, 2005 01:03PM
woohoo! it works. Thanks everyone!

I made some modifications of zerkalo1's 1979 carshape for the Lotus 79 and thats the outcome.

I was wondering if it was possible to edit the Wheels and the Helmet (I would like to remove them completley if possible - Mad I know!)

Is there any way to do this? I remember I have a shape made for GP2 that has no wheels - the Spitfire carshape.

Cheers,

Theo
Date: June 23, 2005 01:03AM
can you make the wheels "invisible" then?
Date: June 23, 2005 02:09AM
Posted by: SuperSonic
Hum.....

what if you place the wheels up to the sky? You won't see them ;)
Date: June 25, 2005 06:17PM
how do i edit the position of the wheels - that does sound like a good idea if i can put them high enough!!
Date: June 26, 2005 01:03AM
Posted by: Franz_AR1
WOW!!! Can u send me that carshape, please???
if you can, then u can send it to my e-mail fran_zx09@hotmail.com
or via MSN Messenger with the same e-mail

ThanX very much in advance
Fran

fran_zx09@hotmail.com
INTEL PENTIUM 4 2800MHz, 256MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 4 128MB, WINDOWS XP PRO, MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD, HARD DISK SATA 80GB.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy