2005 carset and performance pack

Posted by SuperSonic 
Re: 2005 carset and performance pack
Date: June 21, 2005 05:34PM
Posted by: SuperSonic
It is v1.13 only, but it would be possible to convert.
Date: June 21, 2005 05:45PM
Posted by: Silver
SuperSonic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> coming soon - the US GP update of the perf pack.
>
> I have noticed that a very few people download the
> perf pack, compared to the huge ammount of people
> that download the carset.
>
> Is it because most of people are not used to
> advanced editing or simply because you find the
> perf pack useless?

Because it is impossible to find the files... maybe thats why.

Thanks for your support. And Thanks for your Good Work.

Any good carshape to use with??

www.gundambrasil.com.br

Date: June 22, 2005 01:41AM
There is a 2005 one made by myself in the correspondent section, and this is the only 2005 shape I know about.
Date: June 23, 2005 02:05AM
Just uploaded the US update of the perfpack, it should be online soon.
Date: June 26, 2005 10:49AM
Posted by: Itsmee
Almost finished converting the 2005 carset to Gp3-2000,only got the pitcrews to sort out.Any-one wanting to do the same only needs the jam tools etc found on this site to do the same.I may post the conversion when finished if others are interested.As for the performance pack, fantastic work Mario. I'm just trying to modify the magic data for Gp3-2000 then I'll be happy.
Date: June 26, 2005 05:27PM
The md2 file (magic data for GP3-2000) has more factors to adjust, like the cc factors. But most of them is only about copy/paste, so it should be easy to do... but very time consuming. Please note that my md's settings WON'T work as expected with the belini convertions.
You have full authorization to publish the GP3->GP3-2000 convertions :)
Date: June 27, 2005 06:47PM
Posted by: mh_84
Great work with these performance files man.

One question though. Why is there different fuel consumption for player and cc in md-files?

And I think theres too much engine power.

I'm currently using your physics and Belini's grip patch. I've set my grip to 16082 in qualy and 15782 in race. I'm racing in championship season as Villeneuve. Massa has 16783 and 16710. Just finished Monaco race and I was third. Really exciting race. I was catching Rubens constantly for last 30 laps. Lost 1.1 sec to him.

The car has a great feel to it with your physics file and with lower grip value. And it's great that finally it's possible to make computer cars more competitive with grip patch.
Date: June 27, 2005 07:41PM
Thanks.

Even in the original md files the fuel consumption is different for human player and cc. Anyway, the numbers are different, but actually both cc and human will have the same fuel consumption, 1.0 lap of fuel per lap.

The bhp values aren't 100% accurate, of course, because the published figures cannot be accepted as a sure thing. But I think they´re quite close.
Date: June 28, 2005 01:48AM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
SuperSonic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
, but actually both cc and
> human will have the same fuel consumption, 1.0 lap
> of fuel per lap.
>

This will always be an approximation with human players, as the driving style can have quite a large impact on fuel consumption. I am very economical with fuel, yet the person I drive league racing with in the same team is very heavy on fuel. This can vary to such a point that I can afford to carry 1.0 less fuel over a 30% race (meaning I probably use about 0.925 fuel per lap).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: June 28, 2005 03:19AM
Posted by: mh_84
Thanks guys.

I've been playing Grand Prix series from the beginning and biggest challenge has been to make cc competitive. So it's amazing to see that even now, 5 years after the release of the game, people still develop these great patches.
Date: June 28, 2005 03:25AM
That's true.
The same for cc's, fuel consumption depends on their bhp and rear wing setup. Gear ratios are always the same for all cc's.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy