Ages??????

Posted by genesis 
Re: Ages??????
Date: April 07, 2002 12:31PM
Posted by: _Alex_
well im 16 in september so i dont know if i am the youngest here or not. damn i hope im not

------->

DAVID BALLARD: i'm just 13

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: April 07, 2002 12:47PM
Posted by: whyf1?
ok i have proven my stupidness yet again
Date: April 08, 2002 08:48AM
Posted by: lukelead
Well, now i understand why my wife's shouting after me evry time i start racing gp3 !!! Most of you could call me dad !!! I feel like i'm the "riccardo patrese" of the site (who is riccardo patrese ? does anybody know him ?)

After all, first i played gp1 i was in your age, as well ....

Bie from an other30almost40butnotthatclose

Luke
Date: April 08, 2002 09:46AM
Posted by: ralph
34 later this month. And if you call us immature again I'm gonna scream and scream and scream until I'm sick!
Date: April 08, 2002 10:18AM
Posted by: Zcott
Patrese, the man who started the most GPs at 256. Six wins, eight poles, and 281 points.

Yes, I remember him :-)
Date: April 08, 2002 10:34AM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
eheheh finnally... the daddy's are coming along... now i feel at home again ehehehehehe :-D

Patrese, Piquet, Rosberg, etc... those were the days when i've started to watch gp's.. around 85'

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: April 08, 2002 10:36AM
Posted by: Vader
Does anyone still remember Clay Regazzoni? The former Ferrari driver once said,

'The only that makes me afraid is, that I could meet someone like Michael Schumacher on a public road'.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 08, 2002 01:42PM
Posted by: Farieda
Piquet is a name i remember, although i didn't see any formula one until '92. I stopped watching after Senna died. What a terrible loss. Started watching again when M. Schumacher made his debute.

Though grand prix legends is not far from when i was born. i even may have witnessed some of these wingless bullets of horsepower flying over the black and white screen. who knows. :)

Still, 68 is a year i never forget.
Date: April 08, 2002 01:45PM
I stopped watching after Senna died. What a terrible loss. Started watching again when M. Schumacher made his debute.

Hm. Senna died at Imola '94, and Schumacher made his debut in Belgium '91....
Date: April 08, 2002 02:09PM
Posted by: _Alex_
Interesting point you have there Zcott. I'd love to know how he found a way around that one :)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: April 08, 2002 02:21PM
Posted by: Vader
grand prix legends is not far from when i was born

????

He was born together with my CD rack? And he remembers 1968? Damn, in the shop they told me the shelf was new ...

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 08, 2002 02:24PM
oops

guess i am mixing things again. Though when i first watched formale one, i was more focussed on senna and hill. silly, but i cannot seem to recall schumacher at all. maybe it was his brother's debute, heck if i know.

Hm, didn't schumacher started with tyrrel? not sure.

though i am real sad that verstappen isn't driving anymore... amazing how well arrows is performing this year. so great. *cough*

and oh, before we get more misunderstandings, i am a she, not a he. :)

oh wait, this is about gp3. Oh, i ordered the 2k set. but it is in backorder. am I ok now? ok good.

peace.
Date: April 08, 2002 02:28PM
Whats the deal about he?

besides, nascar legends show cars from season 67. that was my point.

you nitpicker you.
Date: April 08, 2002 02:39PM
Schumacher snr started with Jordan at the Belgian GP in '91.

Schumacher jnr started with Jordan at the Australian GP in '97.

But welcome to the forum!
Date: April 08, 2002 03:04PM
It amazes me how people can remember these things. So it was '97 when i started watching more seriously again. Thanks for the details, though i cannot promise to remeber them. i barely remember my birthdate.

peace.
Date: April 08, 2002 03:11PM
Posted by: Morbid
26 in this incarnation. Oh, and hell-O to all the new faces. Welcome :)

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: April 08, 2002 10:00PM
Posted by: Rupert
15, and rising. I turn 16 in November.
Date: April 09, 2002 01:21AM
Posted by: lukelead
Ok, i play my cards:

i'm 37
the first f1 champ i remember was 1978 with those two guys on new ground effect lotus jps leading far ahead the whole platoon
the very first race i have clear in mind (sadly) is Monza '78 where Ronnie Peterson (one the two guys above, the other was Mario Andretti) died on a huge crash at the race start, hit by rookie Patrese ...
The first race i went to is Montecarlo 80, winner was a certain Gilles on Ferrari turbo
After Zolder & Hockenheim 81 i decided not to watch f1 any longer, but it didnt last for long (until start of 82 season)

Anyone can remember this far ?

Luke

Luke
Date: April 09, 2002 03:48AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all..

I'll spill my stories. (Of my huge 15 year old lifespan.)

In 1994, my dad and I went into Tandy and wanted a computer game, i had like 25 dollars to spend. We went to the computer games section and our computer did not yet have a cd rom drive, we were still using some dodgey peice of junk. All the new games were on cd's, so the sales dude pulled out Grand Prix 1. But it was solely known as Grand Prix in those days.

Anyways, I took it home and played it. And i played it some more. Then, from the period of 1996 - 2000, I didn't play it. Then, in Novemember 2000, I was eating breakfast one morning whilst reading a Harvey Norman catalouge. Contained within it's pages was a small box showing Grand Prix 3. I thought about it and got it for Christmas. From then on, I was very interested in formula 1, rather than just glancing at the results occasionally. And a couple of months after that I became a member of this forum, and still there are a few faces around that are even older here than me. (LS, Alex, Ellis, Vader, Morbid(??) )

That's my history. I did not complete it by getting Gp3 2000, although I did download the warez version when that craze was happening here. I assure you tho, it was removed from my computer within 48 hours. My computer played it very chuggishly, so I gave it a miss.

Now I'm hanging out for Gp4 on an X-Box.

Date: April 09, 2002 04:38AM
Posted by: Rupert
You've inspired me Mika.

It all started in the winter of 1995, or the summer in the northern Hemisphere. My family were going on a trip to America. I had been interested sick in cars, but rarely played games, because I was only in year 3 at the time.

And when my parents pulled out a Game Boy, one for me and one for my sister, I was in gaming nirvana, or so I thought.

The Game: Nigel Mansell's World Championship. The Trip: Sydney to LA, non stop, and back three weeks later, plus car and plane trips interstate.

I couldnt get off it, I was amazed. I played it for a long time, then it wore off eventually.

Then I recieved a laptop from school, compolsory from year 5. It was a Toshiba, with Pentium 100, 16 meg of ram, 700 meg hard drive, 11 inch screen. This was at the start of 1997, and it is when i bonded with computers. I remember playing the NFS 1, and GTA. I borrowed GP2 from a friend, and played it with like every aid on, so i could just hold down the accelerator. I thought I was a hoon.

I got a new laptop in 1999, P2 266, 32 Meg RAM, 4 Gig hard drive, 12 inch screen. I played NFS 2, lotsa other games. At the end of 2000, I convinced my parents to buy a desktop, because I wanted to become a real gamer.

I got GP3 for Chrissy that year, and played it to death, got involved here, after finally getting the Internet. I had had it at school, but I couldnt bypass firewalls. So I got dialup at home. My comp was OK, but I felt my gaming 'career' was going nowhere. So I got GPL, hated it, then loved it, then loved to hate it.

Then my computer blew up...............

That happened at the end of last year, so I got a beefy new system, which would run GP3 and GPL beautifuly.

Then I found F1 2001, and you know the rest...

I got involved in F1 at about 94, I remember Hill VS Schumacher '94 in Adelaide, then 95 when like no cars finished.

Then the circus came to Melbourne. I followed F1 just by race results, I would sometimes tape GPs, then watch them the following day, cause they are on late at night here in Oz.

GP3 made me love F1. I went to the GP last year, then watched all races live, followed closely. I have also gone this year, which was a hoot with all the high attrition rate, and Webber finishing 5th. There was so much atmosphere there, it was amazing.

I dont contribute to F1 discussion much, because the threads are so long and seem like debates, but I do follow F1 closely.

If you want my F1 opinions, talk to me personally because I could sh*t on to you for hours like LS, Alex, Ellis, Morbid, Vader etc, but I cant be stuffed here.

There.

Ozzy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy