GP3 CarEditor issues

Posted by mr.napa-br 
GP3 CarEditor issues
Date: May 25, 2005 01:09AM
Posted by: mr.napa-br
Does anybody know how to edit the camera positions on GP3 CarEditor? And if it's possible to create polys there?

I agree.
Re: GP3 CarEditor issues
Date: May 25, 2005 10:12AM
Posted by: Itsmee
Start the car editor program and click import from GP3 and when the shape loads just click on the " + " next to car or helmet etc in the side bar menu.
The menu then expands,select + cameras but don't click on the top camera c[1] because this will cause the program to crash.Just select any of the other cameras and edit the codes in the brackets.
Try small adjustments at first until you are familiar with which camera you are moving.
Anything else feel free to ask
Date: May 25, 2005 03:17PM
Posted by: SuperSonic
You can´t create any polys.
Date: May 25, 2005 11:15PM
thank you =]

I asked about the cameras because I wanted to make a side cam and a top cam, to help me take pictures for artwork of my fictional teams, but here's what I get from the side cam:

how can I fix this?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2005 11:56PM by mr.napa-br.
Date: May 26, 2005 07:26PM
Posted by: SuperSonic
You have to mess around with the detail and tyre numbers, but I don´t know the numbers you need.
Try to use as base my "chase" camera, maybe it´s a good start point.

Another option is to take screenshoots of all cars from the very same place, even if it the car is not placed "horizontaly".

Try to be the pole position using the original Melbourne dat file, go to the TV cam and take the screenshoot. Or stop the car somewhere in the track in a way it shows the way you want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2005 07:27PM by SuperSonic.
Date: May 29, 2005 05:20PM
Posted by: Fincent
I've had this same problem in the past and I've found it very frustrating...I have come up with an alternative though using PSP and you dont even have to be ingame to do it! Basically you copy and paste the corresponding parts of your bmp into the right places and then plonk your tyres over the top...heres some of my results i get from cars from my gp3-2000 college mod:

The only problem with this is that you never get to use carshapes and the files are quite small in size but i get along with it nicely. If you want, I can send over the templates I made :).

-Fincent

EDIT : I've also done the same for some existing james from a 2004 set I think just to see what it looks like, lol.

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2005 05:23PM by Fincent.
Date: May 30, 2005 01:32AM
lol... it's a good idea, but, as i'm not a good PSP user, I don't think it would work out for me... thanks anyway
Date: May 30, 2005 02:29AM
Posted by: Fincent
If ya rlly desperately need them I could do them for ya? it only takes about 2 mins at most for 1 car...the offers there if ya want it :)

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy