GP3-2000 Transparencies

Posted by Fincent 
GP3-2000 Transparencies
Date: April 17, 2005 03:07AM
Posted by: Fincent
Hiya there

Since the gp3 series games can only hvae 1 carshape for the entire field, the cars can all tend to look the same. I think it'd be cool to have aerodynamically different cars to set them all apart a lil bit. So i searched round n saw that you can use transparencies in your car designs...but i cant figure out how. lol, i know you have to paint them onto your car where you dont want anything to appear but i'm a lil confused as to what colour you use.

Could somebody help me with this? :) Many thanks
-Fincent

PS. I know this is posted in the gp4 forum aswell...i was lookin at the new sauber (top job!) n clicked new topic without goin back to this forum first, lol, oops.

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Re: GP3-2000 Transparencies
Date: April 17, 2005 04:39AM
Posted by: calimbo
Well, you can have transparency on your gp3 2000, with the colour Red: 0, Green: 0, Blue: 0....Sometimes you can see transparency with a colour below 8, 8, 8.

Or you can see transparency for GP3 1.13, by using cyan blue.

Date: April 17, 2005 02:25PM
Posted by: SpaceAce
sounds like a good idea!
hope it works!

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: April 17, 2005 03:49PM
Hmmn i tried both colours (and the pink colour used in the art files aswell) and none of them seem to work, they always show up on the car :(. If you could send me a bmp of an example car with transparency that would be greatly appreciated because I dont know what I'm doing wrong.

Many thanks :)
-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Date: April 17, 2005 03:55PM
Posted by: Speed_Addict
try black
Date: April 17, 2005 04:08PM
I've tried each of the 3 following segments for my "tranparent wing" car and none of them appear to be working:(.

CYAN (0, 255, 255)

BLACK (0, 0, 0)

PINK (248, 0, 248)

Any ideas?
-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Date: April 17, 2005 04:40PM
Posted by: SuperSonic
I think you have to copy the cyan blue from another jam (like a track jam) and paste it on your car (it's a different cyan compared to the "Paint" one). Also, I think you have to set the transparencies on using GP3 Jam Editor 2000. But I'm not sure, my tries have failed too.
Date: April 17, 2005 05:08PM
I've tried this too and no luck but I can see what ya mean by copying over the cyan from a trackjam, lol, it makes sense as ya can get holes in the catch fencing so why not the car designs?

I'll have a look at the flag properties in jamtool and have a play around but if someone could post a car design that includes transparency then that'd be a great help :).

-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Date: April 17, 2005 08:20PM
Posted by: Speed_Addict
perhaps you've got "always apply transparency fix when saving" option checked in JamTool?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2005 08:20PM by Speed_Addict.
Date: April 17, 2005 09:23PM
Indeed I have Speed_Addict, if i switch this off what do i have to do to get transparency on my cars?

-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Date: April 18, 2005 12:24AM
Right I've had a play around with all the possible settings and combinations I could possibly think of and none of them are working! lol, aaagh. There must be an easier way. lol

First person to solve this gets a tenner, lol (that was a jk btw, i'm not rlly that rich :p).
-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Date: April 18, 2005 12:26AM
Posted by: calimbo
It seems you have GP3 1.13, right?

So you must have some jam files to see transparency on the cars...There's an option on each texture of a canvas where transparent must be ticked.

You can download them from my webpage

[members.lycos.co.uk]

edit:

Opps....by the title i see you need transparency for GP32000. It's with black.

Do you have MSN Messenger?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2005 12:28AM by calimbo.
Date: April 18, 2005 12:31AM
Date: April 18, 2005 12:52AM
Posted by: Addicted On GPXSeries
@Fincent: What´s your video card?
Date: April 18, 2005 01:14AM
I've just looked it up and apparently its an:
"Intel(R) 810 Chipset Graphics Driver PV 2.1"

Other system specs:
Processor - Pentium 3 500mhz
RAM - 256MB
OS - Windows 98 Second Edition

I use DirectX9 if that makes any difference?
-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Date: April 18, 2005 06:24PM
Posted by: Addicted On GPXSeries
Apparently it seems it´s an onboard video card,then i´m afraid...because i have two PCs with AMD processors.I have GP3 1.13.In my Duron with an SIS onboard video card,sharing 64MB RAM as i have 256MB RAM,transparencies(cyan mode) doesn´t work,but in my Atlhon with a GForce MX 100/200 64MB,transparencies works.So it seems that onboard video cards doesn´t support some transparencies features/issues.Unfortunately!:(
Date: April 18, 2005 07:34PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Certainly that particular graphics card doesn't support transparencies. I have the same card. :(

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: April 18, 2005 09:50PM
Posted by: Covfan
You can get transparency in GP3 with that card Fincent. you need a file from this site somewhere that enables an Intel 810 to run GP3 (and I think GP3 2000) in hardware mode.
Date: April 19, 2005 01:16AM
Covfan, i know of exactly the file you are talking about...a new config file that tricks gp3 into HW mode...it transformed my life (well nearly, lol) in my GP3 days but then I got GP3 2000, installed it and found out HW mode was able to run without the file (yay).

Should I try it with this file anyways?
-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Date: April 22, 2005 11:38AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
Covfan - I don't think that the 'Force HW mode' patch is a nessescity (although it may in this case..) because I used to run GP3 in HW mode without it on my old computer and can't recall any problems with transparecy on cars. That said, my computer has been known to do some strange things in it's time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy