The Gp3 Track Database

Posted by R_Scandura 
The Gp3 Track Database
Date: April 10, 2005 11:25AM
Posted by: R_Scandura
Hi
with the help of X_Acto we tried to make a list of all the tracks for Gp3_1.13 and Gp3_2000 available on the web.
If our research is correct we counted at this time 624 different working dat files in Hardware version. Also there are 172 tracks in Software verson.

***Edit***
The database is available here at this link in three versions.
Excell version: [utenti.lycos.it]
Word version: [utenti.lycos.it]
html version: [utenti.lycos.it]
(Right click -> Save target as...)

I identified every track with 13 parameters to help the users in any kind of research:

TRACK: Barcelona, Magny Cours, Monza etc etc...

CONFIGURATION: Short, Long, Oval, Outlay, Infield, nr XX, etc etc...

YEAR: 1929 to 2005. Only one year listed!

TYPE: Permanent Circuit, Airfield, Street track, Road track, Oval, etc etc...

EVENT: Formula1, Formula3, Formula3000, I.R.L., MotoGp, etc etc...

CATEGORY: Real-life track, Fictional track, Proposed track, Preview, By night.

NR OF LAPS: Number of laps suggested in the dat file

GP3 2000: Tracks that work only with Gp3 2000

VERSION: Hardware, Software

AUTHOR: Author of the track

ANNOTATIONS: Track based on..., Special requirements..., part of a Track Pack, etc etc...

LINK 1,2,3: Links to the site where to find the track

In the second page of the file there are some info for the lovers of the statistics: tracks x author, tracks x Country, etc etc...

Being the database in the Excel format, this kind of sorting allows to do always an accurate research of the needed tracks.
The list of the links is not complete, so if someone want to help with it, it would be nice to have a more detailed database.
If you update the list, just try to follow correctly the guidelines above. In this way, sorting in example by the track name, you'll see all the versions available for that track.

If someone update the database by his own downloads and/or find something missing/wrong in the current database, please
give a call to me too, So I can keep my list updated too and see what still miss in my archive.

I'll try to keep the database updated for the future works, at least for myself, so every suggestion and info is wellcome to find a way to organize it if interested.
I hope this effort is at least useful to someone or to the newcomers of the community.

CYA

-------------------------------

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2005 11:39PM by R_Scandura.
Re: The Gp3 Track Database
Date: April 10, 2005 12:50PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
unforuntely i dont have Excell but i know this is gonna be invaulbe and we;ve been waiting for something like this for ages

so thanks alot in advance!
Date: April 10, 2005 09:18PM
Hi ChrisB
no problem, for who don't have the Excell I made also a version in .DOC mode so you can open it with Microsoft Word. It should work. Just sort in A->Z the parameter you want and scroll.

[utenti.lycos.it]

Cya

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2005 12:04AM by R_Scandura.
Date: April 10, 2005 09:48PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
My new Hewlett-Packard PC doesn't have that program either.
Really.
Date: April 10, 2005 10:14PM
Posted by: SuperSonic
That's what I call a job well done. Impressive.
Date: April 10, 2005 11:09PM
Jacki, do you support .HTML files? I can send that one at least.

Date: April 11, 2005 05:42AM
Date: April 11, 2005 06:09PM
ok try this one:

[utenti.lycos.it]

cya

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2005 12:04AM by R_Scandura.
Date: April 11, 2005 06:57PM
Posted by: X_Acto
Another customer happy! :)

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: April 11, 2005 08:16PM
Posted by: purpleRacer
What a great work! Congratulations.

Only one annotation. Why don´t put the link to my site?? :(

Ok, maybe my tracks dont´have the quality like abcdefg´s tracks... ;)

(I´m not a happy customer ;) )

(and Zeltweg 1964 is an Airfield not a permanent circuit :))

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2005 08:23PM by purpleRacer.
Date: April 11, 2005 10:01PM
Hi Fernando

"Only one annotation. Why don´t put the link to my site??"
please accept my apoligize, I simply forgot to add your site. Anyway the link section is uncomplete and many other links need to be fixed and I was a little stressed at the end managing a so long list...
BTW Is this the reason why you are not happy?? ;)

"Ok, maybe my tracks dont´have the quality like abcdefg´s tracks..."
personally only Montjuich overnumber all 101 tracks, but people mainly want quantity so give him a chance too... :)

";(and Zeltweg 1964 is an Airfield not a permanent circuit)"
Thanks for the info about Zeltweg. I'll fix it too

cya

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2005 10:03PM by R_Scandura.
Date: April 11, 2005 10:27PM
Thanks, gentlemen.

In a very quick look at it, I noticed that you list all of the original GP3 game tracks, but not the original GP3-2000 game tracks, all of which will work in GP3 with the exception of the Melbourne track.

You also list Geoff Crammond as being the author of the original GP3 game tracks, while the game credits list other persons as being responsible for these tracks.

Finally, for now, two Watkins Glen 1980 tracks are listed, when they are actually different configuration tracks, with abcdefg's track having an additional chicane that he said was added sometime in the 1970's. (This does seem to be the case, although I am afraid that I don't know precisely when it was added. I think it likely that abcdefg could tell you exactly when this was done.)
Date: April 11, 2005 10:38PM
the original tracks has been added for fun, I can add the gp3_2k ones.

Crammond i think is the 'frontman' of Gp3. Just a name to represent the team...

yes, he added the Inner Loop, but maybe it was an alternative on the same track so the years can be the same. The track was named for the 1870 so i don't know exactly. Inside TE he cancelled the year...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2005 10:44PM by R_Scandura.
Date: April 11, 2005 10:54PM
Posted by: purpleRacer
Hi Roberto

No problem, I´m only joking. :)

Really its a great work to compile all the GP3 tracks in one data base, fantastic!

No, no problem with abcdefg, he deserve a thankfulness to convert all this real circuits in fantasy circuits! jajajajjajajaja ;)

The address of my site is : www.fusionpurpura.com/fusionUNO

And again , congratulations for the database !!

Sincerely

A happy happy customer!! ;)
Date: April 11, 2005 11:45PM
lol jajaja ;)

I just uploaded the updated version with your link and some other things.
Now let's wait for other...100 tracks for the next update ;)

cya

Date: April 12, 2005 01:04AM
Posted by: vbc
R_Scandura Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> lol jajaja
>
> I just uploaded the updated version with your link
> and some other things.
> Now let's wait for other...100 tracks for the next
> update
>
> cya
>
>

Thanks for all your work Roberto :)

Unfortunately as there is not a track edititng forum, there are no new track editors :(

Thanks GP3Hotlaps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2005 01:05AM by vbc.
Date: April 12, 2005 07:03PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
"he deserve a thankfulness to convert all this real circuits in fantasy circuits!"

Hahaha, purpleRacer, you are evil ;););)

Nice work guys. The original GP3 tracks show author "Unknown". However, the original GP3 2000 tracks have "Microprose" quoted as the author. I think that this would be a better (more accurate) description for all 33 original tracks, rather than using Crammond's name.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: April 12, 2005 07:45PM
Posted by: dada
vbc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Unfortunately as there is not a track edititng
> forum, there are no new track editors
> -----------------------------------------------------

i think that the gp3 community lost a huge opportunity by not making a gp3 track editing section at grandprixgames.org forum :(

IMO the moderators must have a second thought about this :)

Date: April 13, 2005 12:31AM
Eheh sometimes I think I should really shut up but I can't stop to post my opinion:

I don't know if you or the moderators will agree with me but if people continue to post requests on requests, the moderators may have a trouble about making a 'Track editing forum' or a 'Track requests forum'.
This Gp3 forum is still very active so it can be used let's say in the meantime to see how noticeable is this interest to the track editing.

Honestly after Marino Cervini I never heard someone say "hei I started a new track but now I need a help", I only heard "I want this track, I want this other track, I would like to have these 115 tracks".

If none post any question, any starting project or any attempt about track editing there's no reason to create new forums to visit (or to manage, in the case of the moderators). The requests and the few questiuons can be made here.

There are at least 4 tutorials available: 1 in italian, 2 in english and 1 in french. Marino Cervini used and applied them and he has all my respect and support.

I started in summer 2002 posting some stupid questions about the usage of the editor and not in a track editing forum, but Gabriele Profeta aka Gap made me learn the scenary editing in 1 post!!

In my opinion is you who have to chatch the chance...

as I said...just my opinion
CYA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2005 12:36AM by R_Scandura.
Date: April 13, 2005 10:36AM
Posted by: dada
i totally agree with you .... ok After the orthodox easter i will start reading your english tutorial so little by little i manage to do something....

Your post seems to a "big yes" for help if we post questions about TE in this forum ... am i right ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy