Paul Edmonds files

Posted by Gilles Maltais 
Paul Edmonds files
Date: April 08, 2005 11:27PM
Posted by: Gilles Maltais
HI,

I would like to know if somebody has an alternative URL for Paul Edmonds various CART and F1 carsets and tracks he made.

Thanks !

Gilles Maltais

"Never fast enough and always ending up in a crash"
Re: Paul Edmonds files
Date: April 09, 2005 04:02PM
Posted by: Speed_Addict
[www.pedmonds.f9.co.uk]

But most of the content is disabled...
Date: April 09, 2005 07:31PM
Posted by: CARTF1Fan
Paul,

If most of your links are disabled because of download constraints, why don't you contribute your work to grandprixgames.org?
Date: April 09, 2005 08:18PM
Posted by: Speed_Addict
Who are you addressing to?
Date: April 09, 2005 09:20PM
Posted by: CARTF1Fan
To Speed_Addict,

Because this link is about Paul Edmonds files, I'm hoping Paul will read my question.
Date: April 10, 2005 11:56AM
Posted by: TheSmokingPen
I had to delete the downloads when my ISP took down my site after one day's download's exceeded my alloted bandwidth by over 40%. After thinking it through, rather than rebuild the site, I've e-mailed Bruno to ask if he would host the files, but at 186MB in total, there's a lot of it.

The 2004 F1 carset is all but done and I've about half of the CART 2004 stuff done, so I hope to release complete versions of them as my swansong, when I get them finished. 2005 and onwards I might do for my personal consumption, but I won't be releasing them in the way that I've done over the last couple of years. It simply takes too much time. I won't be doing a 2004 IRL carset after all - I had to give up on it.

I reached a point of frustration with GP3 editing. For F1 stuff, it's acceptable and people like Belini do amazing things, but for CART or IRL stuff, (banking on ovals being an example), it's more often than not frustrating. This came home to me last year when I did Homestead and Paul Ricard - you'd think the oval was easier, but no. The inconsistencies between horiontal and vertical scaling and object scaling drove me nuts. Trial and error is fine up to a point, but there are other ways of doing things. I've been playing around with 3d modelling and UV mapping software, as well as looking at 3d game engines, to see if there's a possibility of doing something completely different. I may not succeed, but I'll have some fun trying. Fun, unfortunately, is something GP3 editing stopped being.

Not that I've abandoned GP3 completely,you understand. I'm currently part way through the 1989 season and having fun with that. Somebody did a quite acceptable carset for that year, IIRC.....!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy