Windows 98 Problem

Posted by silverchamp 
Windows 98 Problem
Date: March 24, 2005 07:01PM
Posted by: silverchamp
I've just loaded GP3 onto my other PC which has windows 98. Having installed all the extras such as decrypted GP3 exe, GpxPatch, Gp3Edit etc. I am able to get into the game menu but when I click on "drive" to go to the cockpit, the game crashes back to the desktop without even showing the loading screens.

GP3 does work if I install it "as is" - ie without any of the extras and it works perfectly.

If anyone can suggest anything I'd appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

(BTW I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it all several times but that was unsuccessful.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2005 08:45PM by silverchamp.
Re: Windows 98 Problem
Date: March 25, 2005 03:58AM
Posted by: Itsmee
Try running gpx patch in debug mode verbosity low.
I had a similar problem and I run windows 98 SE on a pentium 3 550mhz.
I'm sure somewhere in the forums this problem has been solved before so do a search and see how you go.
Date: March 25, 2005 06:32PM
Posted by: Sapo
I had also problems like this, but that was because of running the game in hardware mode, while my gfx card was not good enough for it. Playing it in software mode made it better;.
Date: March 25, 2005 11:28PM
Posted by: silverchamp
Thanks for your help guys. I've finally got it to work!!!

It seems that it has nothing to do with Windows 98 per se. I noticed that when I installed in 98 that there weren't as many files in the GP3 folder as when I installed it on XP, and one of the files that was missing was "f1state.sav" and several others so I just copied them from XP to 98 and that did the trick.

The only confusin thing is why all of these files (8 in total!!) didn't install as I followed all the usual installation procedure. But at least it's working now.
Thanks again.
Date: March 26, 2005 08:46PM
Posted by: Vader
"f1state.sav" does not get installed - as far as I know the game creates this file when you run it the frist time (I think).

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 26, 2005 09:50PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Yesit does. When you run game first time, and pres 'Save changes on exit', it creates the .sav.

(by yes i meant 'yes, that's corect';)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy