Editing the 100% race distance?

Posted by Fincent 
Editing the 100% race distance?
Date: March 21, 2005 10:39PM
Posted by: Fincent
Hi there

In my personal opinion I think a full distance race is great to watch on the tv as you have the full informative commentary and the actual human reactions to all sorts of unknown situations. However, watching GP3-2000 on a PC screen for 2 hours straight can become a bit of a bore so in an attempt to make it more interesting I thought it'd be a good idea to compact the whole session down to 25% distance and have a single pitstop window at roughly half way. :)

This is where the problem arises...after a long time looking through all the magicdata parameters I wasnt able to find a figure that represented the number of laps at 100% distance however I could easily edit the pitstop routines (which i did and then inserted that data into the trackfile). When (in-game) I set the race distance to 25% and loaded the circuit I found out that all the cars had gone back to their previous fuel loads and wouldnt need to stop during the race.

In confusion I tried instering the magic data again but, frustratingly, no change. Then as an idea I changed the race distance in the game to 100% and loaded the track again to find the cars all fuelled up with the desired amount i wanted in the first place. :(

Edit : I've searched high and low for that Pit and Lap editor aswell but none of the links seem to be working, lol.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2005 10:44PM by Fincent.
Re: Editing the 100% race distance?
Date: March 22, 2005 09:05AM
Posted by: quickslick
the only thing i can do for you is to give you a good working Link or the Pit&Lap Editor [www.gametool.de]
Re: Editing the 100% race distance?
Date: March 23, 2005 12:16AM
Posted by: Fincent
Hi there

Thanks for the link but it appears the file you linked me to only works for gp3 v1.13 and not GP3-2000 :(. I find this is the case with most of the editing when it comes to GP3-2000...extremely awkward to customise, lol. Do you think this is this intentionally done or just because programs get more complex with time?

Thanks anyways though quickslick :) if anyone else has an idea then it'd be muchly appreciated, lol.
-Fin

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy