MY verdict on F1 2001

Posted by Vader 
MY verdict on F1 2001
Date: April 02, 2002 08:14AM
Posted by: Vader
Read this or be cursed eternally...

All this has probably been said before many many times, but still I feel it is necessary that I state my opinion on the controversial matter

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Re: MY verdict on F1 2001
Date: April 02, 2002 08:15AM
f**king html

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 02, 2002 08:28AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Thanks for the review vader

Date: April 02, 2002 08:34AM
Let me check the game first properly and you'll get a "post-view"

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 02, 2002 08:45AM
Is there a demo on Pc gamer anywhere?

Date: April 02, 2002 08:50AM
Posted by: LS.
i looked around on other forums and found these pictures

how do i get my game looking this good? and what are the patchs? i have the ralph hummerich ones thanks to vader

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: April 02, 2002 08:52AM

LS's Tip of the week
Date: April 02, 2002 08:56AM
FU*K ME thats some graphics

Date: April 02, 2002 09:04AM
WAHAAY!!!!!! thats how mine looks now :-)

now all i need is some new tarmac textures

LS's Tip of the week
Date: April 02, 2002 09:11AM
Posted by: Zcott
Chris, your sig pic isn't working...

Also, those graphics are amazing. I'm tempted now to buy F1-2001....
Date: April 02, 2002 09:37AM
oh yeah i didnt notice, thnx zcott

Date: April 02, 2002 09:38AM
Posted by: genesis
okay I've kinda asked this before, but I need to ask again. I looked at your computer's specs, and they're nearly the same as mine.
I bought F12001 about 4 months ago, and I couldn't get the game to run smooth and have nice graphics, so I got rid of it (I'm a sucker for good graphics, especially as that's the best things about EA's games).

My computer's specs are:

1ghz AMD Athlon
128mb RAM
NVIDIA Riva TNT2 Model 64

Now it is my birthday this month, and I'm getting a graphics card (cos my one is sh*t. ) So do I get more RAM, or stick to getting a graphics card, cos I want it to run with the kind of graphics shown in those screenshots but with a smoooooooth frame rate too.

Cai
Date: April 02, 2002 09:48AM
theres 2 patches available from easports website, that sorted mine out, i had the same probs as you, high spec system but the game would'nt run

i got the patches and hey presto, one spanking game

LS's Tip of the week
Date: April 02, 2002 09:59AM
definately spend your moolah on a video card, the geforce 4 are just arriving so the geforce 3will come down to aresonable price soon too,

ideally you'll need a geforce 3 TI500, and that way you'll be getting a really high end spec card and future proofed yourself for quite awhile into the process.

i think the x-box uses a geforce 3 car as well, so anything less will cetainly not look as good as the x-box version of GP4

LS's Tip of the week
Date: April 02, 2002 01:07PM
Posted by: CMJH69
Another question...
When you said you got a penalty Vader what did you have to do? Did u get a Stop/Go or the shitty slow for 10 sec gp3 thing?

Are there full rules in f1 2001?

I think i have to get this game now!!!

:)
Date: April 02, 2002 05:33PM
Posted by: Rupert
Thank God someone realtes to me with something. As I said before, it is the little things that count.

I am only running EMAC's updated cars and Dennis Grebe's Carshapes. My wheels do not look as good as that, I want them!
Date: April 03, 2002 01:20PM
As I said before, this first review of F1 2001 was done after not more than just half an hour of playing the game. To sum it up, I came up with the conclusion that F1 2001 is way better than its reputation, though it cannot beat GP3/Addon. After playing the game for more than a day now, I must say it is still fun to drive - especially if you think of all the little features GP3 (and apparently GP4) does not have - but I also found a few more drawbacks.

I mentioned it before: the tracks do have some more detail, however, cannot match the oustanding high-res circuits of F1RC. LS pointed out - and I must say he is right there - that the tracks in F1 2001 are way too narrow. If you remember how lost a Formula One Car looks on a multilane-highwaylike-track like Sepang and compare it with F1 2001 you'll see what I mean. On the other hand the bumps and ripples on the Interlagos straights are great.

Another bad thing is the AI. F**k, what do they think these cars are supposed to do? I left the pits and forgot to switch off the rev-limiter (great feature). Before I could remember which button on my wheel I had assigned to it, I suddenly saw a Sauber in my mirrors getting bigger and bigger. Heidfeld was just about to leave the pitlane as well, and without even noticing me going slow, fully accelereated and ran into my rear like a horney deer (sorry for that bad rhyme). I experienced this a couple of times more. You brake a bit too early and cars from behind don't react but stay on their line and run straight into you. This is something EA still has to work on.

Despite all this I still say, GP3 is better - yes - but if you have the money (and the emac update for 2001) give the game a chance.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 03, 2002 05:11PM
Posted by: Kodamu
I have a question vader.

How did u get ur game to run smoothly.

i have: P3 800
SB live 5.1
320 sdram
Geforce 3 ti200
Windows Me
i have 27.42 drivers
Date: April 03, 2002 05:12PM
Posted by: Kodamu
damit can't edit.

i only get 20-35 fps on race days.

I am running in window mode still doesn't solve the problem
Date: April 04, 2002 03:16AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Kodamu your specs should run it super-smooth, so it's bound to be a driver problem. Those 27.42 detonators aren't official are they? There are some new official Detonator drivers juyst out from nVidia, I think it's 28.xx. Try them and that should solve the problem.

I have to say thanks to Rupert and Vader, I've been secretly wishing someone would have the guts to do a review that could be decisive, which both were. Now I might just try the game, which I can buy for £19.99. That seems pretty good. Shall I go for it?

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy