Help for the 2005 Trackmaps

Posted by f1grandprix 
Help for the 2005 Trackmaps
Date: March 10, 2005 08:13AM
Posted by: f1grandprix
Hi,
I tried to change the GP3 trackmaps and update them to the 2k5 season.
I took the image shown during the Australian GP, and made a 1024x768 image, saved as .tga, but when I charge it in the game, I continue to see the black background around the image of the circuit and around the texts.
I also tried to use the image that I used before. I deleted the yellow texts and the circuit image, and pasted the new image, but in the game I continue to see a sort of "spectrum" of the old image: both the texts and the circuit image are shown as transparent elements and, inside of them, I see the new image. Note: the old image is shown without the black background, but the image I see in it is with the background.
If necessary I can send pictures explaining the problem.
Can anyone help me?
I haven't found who made the original GP3 trackmaps. Does anyone remember who he was?
Thank you.
P.S.: please answer me in English or in Italian. Thanks.
Stefano
Re: Help for the 2005 Trackmaps
Date: March 11, 2005 04:17AM
Posted by: Briere
must be a matter of alpha layer :)
Date: March 11, 2005 10:39AM
Posted by: quickslick
i think the original Trackmaps are from Kev Bell :-)
Date: March 11, 2005 04:12PM
OK, now it works.
Thank you.
Date: March 11, 2005 11:09PM
Posted by: Dinga
Yup Quickslick you're right!Haven't decided whether to do a set this year yet.
f1grandprix - why don't you download my 2004 set then you can see exactly how the .tga's are made up - the later season maps are the same style as was used in Melbourne. I've no objection to you cutting and pasting items as you see fit if you want to have a go at creating these yourself. Good luck!

Date: March 14, 2005 08:13AM
OK, Dinga, but where can I download them? I tried to search in www.grandprixgames.org, but I haven't found anything. Do you have a website? Thanks
Date: March 14, 2005 11:48PM
Posted by: Dinga
[www.grandprixgames.org] Although in GP4 section, they're fully compatible with GP3.The .ini file supplied is for 2004 order but all 18 tracks are supported so you may need to do some editing as my GP3 is not in default order.

Date: March 15, 2005 08:41AM
Ok, thanks. I found them. Now I see what I can do and, when something is ready, I will post another message.
Date: March 23, 2005 09:24AM
Hi,
I made the pictures for the 2k5 season (australia and Malaysia).
I saw that you used 3 .ini files to charge 3 different images: great idea!
The pictures I did are like the ones I saw on TV. I only don't know how to put the inside part of the circuit with a different alpha from the external part. If you want I can send you my creations.
Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy