Two tracks uploaded

Posted by R_Scandura 
Two tracks uploaded
Date: February 28, 2005 05:10PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
Hi
just uploaded two new tracks and the generic steering wheel with hands that I use for my races.

Autodromo Torretta 1980-1988.
This is the pre-chicaned version of the track. This one is more fast with two long straights and rounded curves. Torretta 2004 needed to have the jams.

Here is a map:

ANC Hockenheim rally version.
This is an experimantal track. I was curious to simulate some laps on the mud, so I changed something to give it the appearence of a rally track. I added some jumps and a tight little bridge. Maybe it's not indicated to race against all the AI at the same time but I had anyway much fun and lots oversteers in the practise session.

- [utenti.lycos.it]

Generic steering wheel with hands.
Also this is the steering wheel as I use it in the game. With the visors I can hide for most of the time the lack of the driver's arms. Don't know why but I improved much my poor driving style since i can 'see' the hands on the streering wheel...

- [utenti.lycos.it]

Here is a screenshot

CYA

-------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2005 05:22PM by R_Scandura.
Re: Two tracks uploaded
Date: March 01, 2005 04:56PM
Posted by: silverchamp
Whereabouts can I download the steering wheel and visor from? The links don't seem to work.
Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2005 09:02PM by silverchamp.
Date: March 02, 2005 11:59AM
Posted by: Eagle
@R_Scandura..

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!! I've been after steering wheel hands for ages!!!
I've been working of even doing CInfo steering wheel hands but they turned out crap.

Is it possible to have hands for EVERY steering wheel, or just that one??

PLEASE PLEASE could you email it to me or upload it on to the grandprixgames.org site because the link didn't work (and I can't read Italian to work out what's going on).

(I've got the visor, that's a CInfo add-on)

my email address is : screemin_eagles@hotmail.com

BIG THANKS!!
Date: March 02, 2005 03:38PM
What's a Cinfo addon?
Date: March 02, 2005 07:12PM
Hi
try to make a right click and 'save target as...'. the links work for me

About the steering wheel, I simply mapped the hands on the original one and moved some items. To make the same work on other wheels you need to edit them with the cockpit editor to change the position of the items in accordance to the texuture used.

**edit** BTW Eagle, I sent you the files.

cya

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2005 07:23PM by R_Scandura.
Date: March 03, 2005 04:44AM
Posted by: PIQUET FAN
Very nice work, pal. Just raced on it and it's pretty fun!!! :)
Date: March 03, 2005 08:35AM
Thanks very much R_Scandura...i actually spent about an hour the other day modifying my existing steering wheel to add on hands using the JAM editor....it looked half-assed....NOW you tell me to use the cockpit editor! DOH!!

I don't know about how your steering wheel hands are setup, but I just have the hands attached to the steering wheen, but no arms attached to them....so it looks a bit ridiculous! I'll have a play around the files tonight.

@silverchamp....a CInfo add-on is an overlay that part of GPxPatch. Basically, those visors are just graphic overlays that go over the top and bottom part of the screen. Its programmed so the visors get raised when you cruise in the pits, and they automatically lower back down again when you go back out on the track...I've actually modified mine so they don't have the annoying "benson & hedges" logo right on the top...

I'll just check my email now....thanks again R_Scandura!!

Date: March 03, 2005 10:23AM
Thanks for that, Eagle.

Do you happen to know where I can download the visor(s) from? If not, would you be able to send me yours?
If that would be ok, my address is: robertf@hakkinen.com

Thanks in advance.
Date: March 03, 2005 06:29PM
@ Eagle,
The arms? Man this is Gp3 not Gp4! It manage 1 carshape for 11 cars and you look for the 3D model of the driver? The best Gp3 offers is to paste the hands in the steer. Eheh what did you expected? ;) If you read the ReadMe file there is what to do to install it with the cockpit editor, that's all. Surely it's ridiculous but as I always say it's better than to see the steering wheel moving with no sign of the driver.

@Silverchamp
The visors are not my work, but maybe they are in this site somewhere...

cya

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2005 06:30PM by R_Scandura.
Date: March 05, 2005 04:46AM
Posted by: PIQUET FAN
Even in gp4, when you're looking from inside the cockpit you can see no hands on the wheels. =P
Date: March 05, 2005 09:22AM
@R_Scandura... hey, if you can paste hands and wrists on to the steering wheel, what's to stop someone from giving it a "3D" look and have forearms attached to the hands....all you gotta do is really change the bitmaps (or whatever image type those hands are) and "paint" in some forearms, and you're laughing!

Judging by those screenshots, you have the steering wheel as close to the virtual "driver" as possible. I prefer to have it a little way away, but that's just me trying to make it realistic. I'm assuming you can just change the bitmaps in the steer9ac.jam file to create forearms.

@silverchamp, I've found the 2003 style visors in the grandprixgames file database
heres the link for it...its about 4mb in size.

[download.grandprixgames.org]

I actually removed all the sponsorship logos from my visors, so they're pretty much generic from the 70s onwards.
Date: March 05, 2005 02:02PM
Thanks for that, Eagle.
Just out of curiosity, what do you use to edit/create visor sets?
Date: March 05, 2005 02:36PM
Umm....I did it in Paint Shop Pro...

simple answer is I just found a clear part of the visor that didn't have part of a logo on it, did a bit of copy n paste and eventually got rid of all the logo, then just used the same visor bitmap file for all the drivers, so they're all using the same generic visor design.

To tell you the truth, the logos pissed me off, I kept driving off the road all the time lookin at them, so I just altered the graphics.
Date: March 05, 2005 04:26PM
Ok thanks for that.
Would it be too much trouble for me to ask you to send me your ones as I don't have paint shop.
My address is: robertf@hakkinen.com

Thanks
Date: March 06, 2005 10:21PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Eagle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @R_Scandura... hey, if you can paste hands and
> wrists on to the steering wheel, what's to stop
> someone from giving it a "3D" look and have
> forearms attached to the hands....all you gotta do
> is really change the bitmaps (or whatever image
> type those hands are) and "paint" in some
> forearms, and you're laughing!

i was thinking about this, making an extension of the hands on the wheel for arms

you may thing that when you turn the wheel 90' you would just have stumps or your arm going at right angles, but you could have the elbow going back down drawn on aswell. When driving straight the elbow part wouldnt be seen as it would be too low and when you turn it MAY look more realistic

meah, just an idea eag, but i trust ur better than me at this thing ;-)
Date: March 09, 2005 10:17AM
Well I figured its just an idea...I dunno where R_Scandura got his "hands" from, but they look as though they're professionally done (maybe ripped off from GPL, who knows?)

I figured if the steer9ac.jam file has been altered with those larger hands, you can change those bitmap files so the the arms extend to the bottom of the screen. So it effectively looks as though its a realistic person sitting in the cockpit, rather than just a steering wheel turning by itself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy