Good internal sounds???

Posted by MarkWS 
Good internal sounds???
Date: January 31, 2005 11:47AM
Posted by: MarkWS
Hi

I've seen many threads regarding sounds for GP3. Non seem conclusive as to which is a good one to use. OK, we all have personal tastes, but, some are BAD! and some are ok. For those of you who have a current internal sound that is realistic would you please let me know where you found it, or who it was by? I've searched for quite a lot and downloaded at least 10 but non are that clever.

Cheers

Mark
Re: Good internal sounds???
Date: January 31, 2005 01:20PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
I've always strongly favored (and recommended to everyone), Stevie Marshall's Ferrari V-10 Sound (including shifting backfire sounds) v4. for most F1 seasons (the engine pitch changes with the engine rpm, so it's progressively higher pitched for recent F1 seasons and lower pitched for older F1 seasons, providing that you adust the engine rpm with the GP3 Physics Editor).

For CART seasons, Klaus' (who you probably know from his GPL track graphics) CART sounds are the only ones that I can recommend, as not only do they sound the most realistic, but they are the only bug-free GP3 CART sounds that I have ever found.

For mid-1990's F1 seasons, when Renault was the dominant engine in F1, I like the Renault sound found on this website.

All of the above sounds can probably be found in the GP3 downloads section of this website.

For the latter 1980's through the early 1990's when Honda was the dominant powerplant in F1, I've found that the GP2 Honda sound, that can be downloaded from www.GrandPrix2.com, works and sounds splendid in GP3, very much like the Honda engine sounds in various Senna onboard videos from those years.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2005 01:23PM by JackiMatra.
Date: January 31, 2005 02:27PM
Posted by: ardenasia_kyle
i have also been tinkering with sounds. i have not found a complete package yet that everything sounded right, so lately I have mixed and matched sets to get great internal and external sounds. I will download the ferrari v10 set and see how it is. The cart set you mentioned is very good, but for some reason it came out louder than normal gp3 sounds, so i either had to get killed by the engine noise or not hear other sounds that are crucial when driving like tire squel and other cars. I guess that would be partially realistic but not to pleasant to my ears or anyone else in the house ;)
Date: January 31, 2005 11:57PM
You can adjust the volume of the various different game sounds in GP3 in the game's sound menu.

You will definitely want to turn down the volume of the engine sound before you try Stevie Marshall's sounds, because if youn thought the CART sounds were loud, then wait until you hear these. (He actually warns about this in the included notes.)

Incidentally, you'll find that you can often use the higher pitched GP3 internal engine sounds that you are using as both the external engine sound and the GPxPatch other cars' engine sound, that way, all of these will properly sound similar, as, for example, there just are no other external engine sounds that match most of the addon internal engine sounds.
Date: February 01, 2005 01:44AM
Posted by: SuperSonic
I found Stevie Marshall's sounds in a dutch site, but the link is not working. Could you send it to me please? My new e-mail is supersonic_gp3 at yahoo dot com dot br
Thank you.
Date: February 01, 2005 03:24AM
Posted by: Briere
[www.gprix2.com]

Go there and get Cleverson's sounds :) They're simply awesome :D
Date: February 01, 2005 02:04PM
Supersonic,

Check your mail.
Date: February 01, 2005 02:09PM
I no longer have the original zip file download of Stevie Marshall's Ferrari V-10 Sound v.4 for GP3. I extracted the files that I sent Supersonic from one of my GP3 installations.

As this outstanding GP3 addon appears to no longer be available for download from anywhere, I was wondering if there is someone out there who has the original addon zip file with Stevie Marshall's original documentation, who might upload it to this website so that it might be available to download again.
Date: February 01, 2005 06:19PM
Posted by: Speed_Addict
Could you please mail them to me too, JackiMatra? Thx!

f1_addict94@yahoo.com
Date: February 01, 2005 11:35PM
Date: February 01, 2005 11:50PM
Posted by: SuperSonic
Thanks, Jacki.
Date: February 02, 2005 01:30PM
Posted by: Speed_Addict
Got the sounds. Thanks from me too! :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy