Understanding Carsetups

Posted by victorvps 
Understanding Carsetups
Date: January 23, 2005 03:27PM
Posted by: victorvps
Hy folks
I'm having some problems with carsetups...
1) What its better? Decrease de Height or decrease Packers?
2) How do I to low my fuel consumption?
Re: Understanding Carsetups
Date: January 23, 2005 05:28PM
Posted by: SuperSonic
1) Decreasing height will give you more underbodywork downforce. Increasing packers your suspension travel will be limited, so you can decrease height more than when not using packers. But the limited suspension travel will give you less mechanical grip, so you have to test, test and test...
But I think the 1st thing to do in the advanced setup is to find the best spring setup.

2) You have to extract a md file from the track file (dat) using cmagic program. With notepad, edit the md file in the lines "fuel consumption 1 and 2" and then insert it again to the dat file.
Date: January 23, 2005 06:28PM
Posted by: Vader
I think he meant "How can I setup my car to save fuel".

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 23, 2005 06:59PM
In this case you should not be revving to high in 6th gear.
Date: January 24, 2005 09:53AM
Posted by: matthew13666
u can also short shift. that saves fuel but limits acceleration.

As for set-ups how can i reduce brake lock-ups (i know that u can shift the brakes bias) however no matter how much i shift it the brakes still lock and i cann't to the pump brakes method of braking as i'm still using a keyboard and my reaction time on it is poor compared with a control pad.
Date: January 24, 2005 07:18PM
I move the brakes to the rear until I start spinning when turning/braking at the same time. It's the only way I found for late braking and not too much wheel locking.
Date: January 25, 2005 01:32AM
Posted by: Briere
matthew13666 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> u can also short shift. that saves fuel but limits
> acceleration.
>
Hell, no ! I remember that I once set the fastest lap at Monaco, even if I shortshifted like mad :o
Date: January 25, 2005 03:49AM
Posted by: victorvps
I have another problem...

1) Increasing Springs are better than decreasing?
2) There are any relation between springs and packers? WITHOUT that when increasing springs, less packers are needed.
3) Anti roll bars. What is it? What it do? How to use it?
Date: January 25, 2005 03:55AM
Posted by: vbc
It seems you are starting to stuy setups, so I recommend you this: [vbc.1.forumer.com]

Thanks GP3Hotlaps
Date: January 25, 2005 04:24AM
Posted by: matthew13666
Math: i wasn't refering to hot laps on tight tracks like Monaco with the fuel consumption. I was refering to long distance races on high speed tracks like Austria and the old Hockenhiem.
Date: January 25, 2005 04:28AM
Posted by: Briere
ah ok, sorry Matt :)

but it's all in experience, and it mainly depends on the gear ratio. The longer the ratio, the slower the accelereration :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy